unexpected

EVERYDAY LIFE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jennie x Jisoo – UNEXPECTED

 

**

JENNIE

 

Here I am staring blankly at my ceiling it's been hours already since I woke up but I don't feel like moving at all. You know just one of those lazy days when you don’t want to do anything productive I feel like that every day.

 

"KIM JENNIE! Get your big down here now!" Chaeyoung one of my best friend and also my dorm mate yelled loudly from the other side of the room. "If you don't get your down here I will drag you down on my own!"

 

Gosh she’s scary! Why did I even become friends with people like her. I lazily drag myself to get up and freshen up myself. Ugh!

 

"Just a second Chaeyoung! What the hell!"

 

--

 

"Oh finally you're here." Lisa greeted when I got out of my room. She's playing some of her video games in the living room. Lisa is Chaeyoung’s girlfriend and is also my best friend.

"Where is your girlfriend?"

"She went out to grab some grocery, Hey the foods on the table." I just nodded before walking to the kitchen to grab some.

 

I went back with a small bowl and joined her in the couch. "Hey Jennie wanna go out with us later? Tzuyu invited us."

"Later?"

"Hmm yeah it's Nayeon's birthday."

"Oh yeah I forgot. Meh I feel lazy." I answered while munching my cereal “You guys can go.”

"Oh come on Jennie it's been what? 5 months already. Have fun! Go out! Come on just join us later."

 

When Lisa said that she instantly came to my mind.

 

Hanna.

 

I broke up with her; Hanna, my now ex-girlfriend. It was 5 months ago and I’m totally over her. Well I was the one who asked for it because the relationship wasn't working out anymore. She's busy with her studies and so am I that we barely see each other. We did part in good ways though.

 

"Geez fine I'll go, it’s not like I’m still moping over her." I shook my head and finished my bowl of cereal

“That’s my girl!” she cooed patting me softly in the head

“Ugh shut up Manoban!”

 

--

 

"Lisa do I look okay?" I asked while looking at the big vanity mirror in their room.

 

I was wearing a white polo shirt with my black leather pants and boots. My hair is longer than usual and I dyed it dark brown. I haven’t gone out in a while so dressing up for events suddenly feels new to me.

 

"Haha dude you look good I bet a lot of girls will get swoon by you." Lisa chuckled while fixing her hair.

"Even you?" I joked but then I felt a loud smack on the head.

"Don't you dare Jennie Kim!" Chaeyoung glared at me then linked her arms with Lisa "Come on!" I and Lisa laughed loudly as I followed them out of the house.

 

Chaeyoung can be possessive with her lover. LOL Park Chaeyoung you’re so cute.

 

--

 

"Hey guys finally you’re here!" Nayeon greeted us excitedly hugging each and one of us.

 

We saw Seulgi, Jihyo, Tzuyu and Jisoo already seated on a table. I and Nayeon are the best of friends, we were classmates when we were still in Middle & High school. When we got into college I met my new friends Lisa and Chaeyoung of course I introduced them to her as well, likewise to her new set of friends from college and just like that we all became good acquaintances. I did hang out with their group but not that often because we study in different schools.

 

"Come on they're waiting for us already!" Nayeon said as she dragged us all towards the table.

 

--

 

"Hi." I greeted as I sat down beside Jisoo. That's the only vacant seat as Lisa and Chaeyoung joined Nayeon in the middle.

 

Jisoo simply nodded and smiled at me. "Hey."

 

I met Jisoo more than once when I visited their school with Lisa. We’re not that close though but she’s friendly when we see each other. I know that she’s studying Performing Arts and is also a part of their Student body. I think a representative or something?

 

Silence covered the both of us for a while because no one else was talking. I don't know what to say to her and it seemed like she felt the same way. What will we even talk about?

 

"Hey the two of you?! Are you just gonna stay silent like that the whole night?" Nayeon half-shouted while she laughs “I understand Jennie but Jisoo! YAH! Stop sulking!”

"Yeah Nayeon’s right! Hey Jisoo-unnie just forget about him even just for tonight! Let's have fun!" Tzuyu added "It's Nayeon's birthday! Let's just have a toast!" Everybody raised their bottles up.

"Cheers!"

"Cheers!!!!"

 

--

 

Everyone got into their own world having fun drinking here and there. Tzuyu's already drunk since she’s starting to get clingy with her unnies. I didn’t thought that cold-hearted jerk Tzuyu can be a softie when alcohol got into her system. Then there’s Lisa who doesn't stop dancing with Chaeyoung at the dance floor. Jihyo is nowhere to be found too probably running away from tending to the drunk Tzuyu. I can still remember that last time we had a drink and Tzuyu puked in Jihyo’s dress. GOLDEN MOMENT.

 

Meanwhile here in my side is a drunken Jisoo. I swear she does not stop drinking ever since we started.

 

 But what’s odd was that I can’t stop looking at her. Get a hold of yourself Jennie! It’s just Jisoo sheez don’t stare at her.

 

 

"Aren't you gonna drink Jennie?" She asked while pointing at my glass. I have not touched it because I was busy looking at her. I hope she didn’t catch me red-handed.

"Uh yeah I..." I stuttered as I picked my glass up nervously “Cheers?!”

"Cheers Jennie!"

 

--

 

I don't know if it's the alcohol or the blasting music or simply just her but I felt light. I chug the glass of beer earlier because I lost a freaking bet to Seulgi. Curse that teddy-bear looking unnie!  

Jisoo moved closer to me and rested her head on my shoulder. I can even smell the scent of the shampoo she just used and it smells like strawberry. Hmmmm I don’t even like strawberry before but this scent was strangely addicting.

 

"You know this is the first time that we actually talked." She said and oh how her voice sounded so nice.

"Oh right." I just nodded and chuckled after realizing that it’s just occasional hi’s and hello’s that we exchanged when we meet before. We never really talked more than 3 sentences. How funny that she’s being this close to me now.

 

"I really hate boys." She mumbled and I can feel the distaste in her voice.

“Tell me about it.” I laughed making her look at me

 

We started talking and she told me her problem with her on and off boyfriend. I felt a tug in my heart when I found out that she was in pain. If only I could do anything for her because Jisoo deserves so much better than an boyfriend who does nothing but ignore and neglect her.

 

Why did she choose that guy anyway?

 

--

 

"Jennie can you take me out of here?" She asked me suddenly. I looked at her confused but she has that serious expression on her face.

"Take you out of here? Like right now?"

"Yeah."

"I..uh yes sure!" I borrowed Chaeyoung's car keys and helped Jisoo go out.

 

--

 

I had my arms around her waist and her shoulder as I helped her get to the car. I felt my heart beat faster when I fixed her seatbelt for her. She is really beautiful up close. I can already feel her breathing with the closeness of our bodies.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter