Chapter 1 - Most Memorable Hangover

Starbright
XSYKOTICA
STARBRIGHT: Most Memorable Hangover

Hyemi woke up with the mother of all headaches, as if her head was being pounded by a thousand hammers. She touched her temples, massaging them while her eyes were still close. It was a hangover, a repercussion from last night’s overflowing drinks and unrestrained dancing.

 

‘Aish! I’m not going to drink ever again!’ Hyemi told herself.

 

While still reprimanding herself, her phone on the side table rang. Hyemi glared at it. Hearing any noise, or even a slightest sound, made her head ached even more. Actually, her phone was the reason she woke up because it has been continuously ringing.  She glared at the culprit again but before she could answer the call, Hyemi’s stomach decided that it was time to empty its contents.

 

She dashed into the bathroom and threw up in the toilet bowl. To be honest, this actually felt good even though her head was almost touching the bowl. After a few minutes, she could feel that the head-pounding was almost bearable. Hyemi got up to wash her face and brush her teeth before going back to the bedroom to check on her phone.

 

Once she picked the phone up, she looked at the log and was surprised to see that she has more than fifty missed calls and unread messages. Although it was normal having many missed calls and messages from her manager to remind her of her schedule, except well, maybe two months ago when they gave her a month-long vacation and almost received no messages. But more than 50? That was over-the-top!

 

Hyemi was about to call back her manager when her phone rang again. She frowned because instead of the manager, this time it was the president of White Entertainment or WE as the fans like to call it. Though she and the agency’s president were quite close since her earlier KPOP group, Dream High, debuted under WE, her manager was the one who always call her in the morning for schedule reminder and /or update.

 

 

She clicked ‘Answer’ and put the phone on her ear. “Hello?”

 

“Ya! Hyemi-ah!” Someone shouted from the other line.

 

She quickly shifted the phone away from her ear then slowly moved it back. “What?”

 

“What? What?! Is that all you can say to me this morning?” the angry voice continued to shout.

 

“Ummm… good morning?” she said sarcastically.

 

“What’s good in the morning? Huh?! What’s good in it when the first thing you've read after you woke up is a scandal of certain SOMEONE?”

 

Hyemi was confused at how President Dooshik was acting.  It was normal in their company to hear him shout at her. After all, she’s the stubborn Go Hyemi and he’s the ex-gang leader Ma Dooshik. But this was not his usual way of shouting at her. She could feel real anger from President Dooshik.  “Scandal?”

 

She heard a deep sigh from the other line like President Dooshik was calming himself. “You haven’t read the news, have you?” he asked.

 

“I just woke up,” she explained. “I’ve got no clue of what you’re talking about.”

 

“Okay,” he said. “I’ll hang up first. You read the articles while I try to calm down here. After you read them, call me immediately. Understood?”

 

“Yes, President.”

 

After President Ma Dooshik hung up, she nervously searched her name on the internet. When she finally found it, Hyemi let out a loud gasp. Five out of the top 10 news were about her and they were all about the most dreaded scandal a Korean celebrity could have – a dating scandal.

 

She opened the most commented article and read the content.

 

[!!!BREAKING NEWS!!!]

Hyemi and Junyoung DATING?!

 

Last night was a busy night for Shin Junyoung and Go Hyemi, co-stars of an upcoming drama. After a filming for their drama, they were seen together having a wild night out in a bar. According to our sources,  two of them arrived together without any friends in sight.  They went to a secluded section of the bar straightaway to have drinks and remained there for few hours. Shin Junyoung then accompanied a tipsy Go Hyemi on the dance floor, shocking everyone.

 

“Wow! I could not believe that they could dance like that, especially Hyemi. I always saw her as elegant and classy, a bit aloof. But their dance? It was so hot that it could melt anyone who's near them!” one of the sources said.

 

Throughout the night, they were seen interacting only with each other, which was very unusual for Shin Junyoung, a very infamous playboy.

 

It is also interesting to note that at the end of the night, they went home with Hyemi leaning on Junyoung’s shoulder while his arm was wrapped around her waist.

 

Are they just co-stars or are they really dating?

 

There is still no news from their agencies. Both agencies told us to wait for their official announcement as they are still contacting the two.

 

Hyemi read all the articles about her and Junyoung, even the comments which were mostly negative. She was massaging her temples again. With the shouting earlier, the dating scandal and the negative comments, her headache was coming back. She wanted to go back to bed and just sleep it all away but Hyemi remembered that she needed to call President Dooshik right away.

 

 

After just one ring, President Dooshik answered the phone. “Reporters are calling. So what are you going to do?” he asked helplessly.

 


 

Thousands of miles away from Seoul, a man was rigidly standing near the tall glass window. He stared at the bustling city lights below him. Slightly shifting his gaze, he could even see the Lady Liberty from the distance, a view that made his penthouse extremely expensive. He might looked like enjoying the view if not for the evident frown that marred his young and handsome face while his hand was tightly gripping his phone. Looking closely at the phone screen, it was opened to news article from home, his home.

 

Still frowning, he looked at his phone again, quickly closing the tab of the news article. He then looked through his contacts and dialed his manger’s number.

 

After a few rings, his manager answered from the other line.

 

“Tell them I’m going back,” Samdong ordered. “Tell them I accept their offer but in one condition…”  

 


Hey guys.... here's the first chapter!

Honestly, I really don't get most of netizens negative reactions to the k-celebs who were 'caught' dating in real life.

Oh well, maybe that's just the way how Korean show business works.

Hope you enjoy reading!

Show some love by commenting,subscribing and upvoting!

Follow me on Twitter @lennah_chan, if you want. :)

THANK YOU and GOD BLESS!