look like an angel

look like an angel

Hoseok could hear his fiancé in the room next and rolled over in bed, groaning and he buried his head into the pillow further. The first few months that they’d been together he’d appreciated it, hell he’d even joined in, but once you’d been woken up at 6am everyday to Blue Suede Shoes it kind of lost it’s charm. Yawning he sat upright, sound becoming choked as he stretched his arms skywards and wondered just exactly how he was meant to get passed Jimin and into the bathroom this morning without earning the wrath of his fiancé. He screwed up his face and rubbed at his eyes, letting another yawn slip passed as he climbed out of bed, pulling the blankets along with him as a make shift protection against the cold for his entirely too undressed body.

His heart warmed ever so gently as he heard the pad of Jimin’s feet against the floor and briefly wondered if he should go get breakfast instead of bothering his partner’s morning jam session but a quick pang from his bladder informed him that wasn’t an option. Sighing he pushed open the door, pressing a hand to his mouth to stifle a laugh when he heard Jimin pitching his voice impossibly low to watch the harmonising on the background of the track. “Never know how I love you,” he sang, his voice deeper and smoother than Jimin’s but lacking that final training that he knew his partner had. He wasn’t much of a pure singer, more a rapper but he would indulge it just this morning to see the smile on his fiancé’s face.

“Never knew how much I care,” Jimin sang, turning to smile at Hoseok, and boy was it worth it, his hands tightened around the sheets he had wrapped around his waist. Jung Hoseok constantly forgot just how much all of this was because of that smile. Sidling up to the man that was still dressed in his flannelette pyjamas (that he’d stolen from Hoseok the night before) he quickly tied the sheets in a knot at the hip, freeing up his hands to wind around Jimin’s waist. Jimin dropped the hair brush that he’d been using to the floor and let his hands meet at the back of Hoseok’s neck.

“When you put your arms around me…” Jimin’s hands played with the hairs that lay flat against the nape of his neck, teasing and not quite pulling as their hips began to sway in time. Lips brushed against his ears and Hoseok felt his eyes flutter shut and his head fall forwards to rest against Jimin’s shoulder. “….I get a fever that’s so hard to bear” the words were nothing more than a whisper and a shiver to match ran down Hoseok’s spine. He did indeed get a fever and it felt like the thermostat had been turned up about ten degrees as he pulled his head back from the shoulder of his fiancé. Jimin had also pulled his face back and their eyes met for a brief moment before lips came together once, twice, three times.

Park Jimin’s lips were exquisite, Jung Hoseok had discovered one night about two years ago, in a drunken and lonely haze. They’d met in an old style 50s aesthetic gay bar, Elvis-mostly playing across the speakers and room for patrons to get up and sing. Jimin had gotten up that night and started singing Heartbreak Hotel and Hoseok had immediately wondered who would leave an absolute angel. He’d said so when Jimin had climbed down from the stage and what he initially expected was a mistake turned into the biggest smile he’d seen in all his years on the earth. That moment had proved to be the start of a very dangerous addiction.

“Mm good morning baby,” his voice was still sleep laden, the brief stint of singing he’d done to announce his presence having done nothing to shake the husky edge. Jimin’s laugh pressed against his lips and Hoseok sighed as he leant back, right hand coming up to brush a stray few hairs from the eyes the man in his arms. His left hand stayed steadily resting against Jimin’s waist, thumb drawing soft circle patterns on a patch of exposed skin that had become exposed because of his tentative effort.

Jimin pressed another quick peck to his partner’s lips before kissing gently to his cheeks and nose, getting on his tippy toes to press another kiss to Hoseok’s forehead. “You really should brush your hair quicker in the morning, somehow you manage to look like we’ve had a quickie even when it’s before six am,” he commented, tilting his head gently and Hoseok couldn’t help but let a smirk take over his face. His fiancé ought to know what was coming and if he didn’t then he wasn’t sure why he’d proposed. If the person he was going to spend the rest of his life with couldn’t figure out when he was going to make a sarcastic and/or dirty joke then he didn’t know who would.

He tilted his head in an almost mockery of Jimin’s movement, gesturing to the hairbrush that was lying on the floor between them. “Well if you wanted me to brush my hair, I just don’t see why dropped the hairbrush as soon as you saw me.” Hoseok said, innocence playing around the edge of his words as he turned back to pout a little at his future husband. Jimin was of course deadpan serious but it took him less than ten seconds to break before he rolled his eyes and pressed another kiss to Hoseok’s cheek and broke away from the embrace.

“Shut up and get into the shower, we gotta be at the dance studio by 9 and you know you take about a century to shower,” he said, squatting and picking up the hairbrush, not missing a chance to slap Hoseok’s on the way up.

Hoseok jumped and plastered on a faux upset look. “You know that is battery, I could get you arrested.” he teased, voice light as he looked down at Jimin, where the man had paused half way to the point of standing.

A laugh shook Jimin and he stretched out a hand to hold on to the stool that he’d been sitting on to do his hair and light makeup (he’d thus far been distracted by lip-syncing but he wasn’t going to tell Hoseok that). “Oh really now?” he managed to ask once he’d stopped laughing and was more sure of his stability.

“Mm but you’d be the cutest jailbird I ever did see.” Hoseok delivered the line before laughing and running into the bathroom; shutting the door before Jimin could come in and sock him in the shoulder for saying such a corny line. He stood behind the door laughing, hearing Jimin cursing him out on the other side of the door, uttering promises about what was going to happen when he came out. Hoseok frankly didn’t allow himself to think because if he did then he was much less likely to get into the shower like Jimin had told him and much much more likely to go out and challenge his fiancé to follow through on his promises.

It took him a little while to get the water temperature just right but when he did Hoseok let out a loud moan that he knew would irritate Jimin and get a rise out of him. He could swear that about four fifths of the relationship was just seeing how much innuendo one could get away with before the other party made a move. When he didn’t hear anything out of Jimin he let out a soft sound of surprise but didn’t let it get to him, that usually just meant that the man was exercising a little more patience than was usual.

Hoseok had been standing under the spray for about two minutes, allowing himself to become accustomed to the temperature of the water as well as just letting his bones loosen and ready himself for the day when he heard the door open just a crack. He briefly considered getting out of the shower and investigating what was going on but caught himself before he did, instead watching carefully as he pumped some shampoo on to his hand and started massaging it into his hair. His ears pricked up as a heavy piano melody picked up, accompanied by light percussion and he strained to recognise which song it was. The question was answered though as he heard Jimin belt out the opening refrain and his heart soared, nose crinkled, eyes closed and lips smiled.

“When I was little, my momma said to me: “Someday you’ll find a love son, to last eternally!”

AN//

i'm setting up commissions because i am a poor university student and i want to not be poor!

commission me here