Illusion

Illusion
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Wake up in the morning, I jump up from the bed, the pain reminds me that the brief moment last night was real. I walk out of the room with my brain still blank.

 

It is all quiet, everything looks exactly the same. No traces, no signs, just simply silence, like it was only my imagination from the beginning.

 

She left. She's gone.

 

Sitting alone on the couch, my mind is full of her, my heart is no exception, which makes what happen yesterday in the evening became vague.

 

I remember I was walking on the street, a little spacing out, the next thing I knew was a motorcycle rushed out from the ally and almost hit me. I fell to the ground, I could feel the sharp pain on my wrist and my hands. The pedestrians nearby all came to me because of the ear-piercing sound, they called the ambulance immediately, and I was sent to the hospital right away.

 

Fortunately, besides the left wrist contusion, I only got some bruises and cuts on my hands and legs, nothing severe.

 

According to the police, it was two underage high school students on the motorcycle. They are just kids, I wanted to let them go but obviously, it was not my call. They had to take the punishment.

 

“Don’t worry, you can go home soon, Miss Minatozaki.”

 

The doctor was kind, he kept joking in hope to make me smile when treating my wounds.

 

“We have contacted your family, she will be here in a minute.”

 

I looked at him, totally confused. “Family? S-She?”

 

Mom and Dad are in Japan, they could call them, but they couldn't possibly be here, right?

 

A series of rapid paces appeared from the doorway, followed by a voice that was gasping hardly for air.

 

“Excuse me, I…”

 

“Miss Chou, right?”

 

Of course it was her. It was always her.

 

What a déjà vu.

 

That one night, few years ago…She also rushed to me like this in panic. Her face was pale, the sweats were dripping down her forehead and neck. I stared at her side profile when she was talking to the doctor, and I found myself almost indulged in her features. I just don’t want to admit that I never stop thinking of her.

 

When Tzuyu walked to me, I got no courage to look in her eyes.

 

“You ok?”

 

“Yeah.”

 

She was a feet in front of me, I kept my head low and avoided looking at her, everyone there must felt the weird atmosphere.

 

“I’ll take you home.”

 

Before I could react, a cab had stopped in front of us. I could never refuse, never. I don’t know if it is because I cannot say no to her, or I cannot say no to my heart.

 

We did not speak for a word in the car. The ride home never seemed so long, so long that made me almost cannot stand the repressed silence, so long that made the words which were about to come out stuck in my throat.

 

I didn’t know what to say. Or precisely, I didn’t know how I should talk to her.

 

Did she feel the same?

 

All the doubts and minds were lingering around, unknowingly, the cab had stopped in front of my apartment. Tzuyu remained silence, but I could sense her insistence to accompany me inside.

 

She finally looked relieved after I took the pills and lying down on the bed. She sat beside me, our eyes met for one second before I looked away.

 

“Rest well.”

 

“You should… leave now. It’s late.”

 

“I will leave when you’re asleep.”

 

“You…”

 

I wanted to scold her, I didn’t know why, but nothing came out. I couldn’t find a word to refute, I could just turn my head to pretend she was not there.

 

Few minutes later, the medicine started to make me dazzling, it was also a tough day, I d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter