T H E . F A M I L Y . M E E T I N G

How NOT to be Yours
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yoonoh likes Friday nights more than any other weeknights. He had kitchen duties so indulges himself with the serene-inducing lemony scent of dishwashing liquid and not the putrid tobacco smoke and alcohol topped on the expensive perfumes those cougars and dirty old men wore. Tips are invaluable, extra income is very much welcomed but having inner peace is what he needs right now.

Though, he has to keep that ball-constricting pants on. Damn it!

"So let me get this straight, your brother is finally getting serviced and you're salty because?" So much asking for inner peace.

Yuta, one of the infamous host and his only (sadly) friend, pryed into his business. He suddenly regret befriending him. "Don't you have tasks or something?" Yoonoh is the master of ending conversation with another conversation but Yuta is already immune with that.

"My shift just ended." Yuta was wiggling out of his apron and folding it without any regards as to how it will be. "I bet baby Yoonyoon is just jealous." Yuta teases him.

"I said don't called me that. Jaehyun. JAE-HYUN." He emphasizes at his shimerring name plate. Yoonoh practically lies about everything just to stay in the red room. His age. His name. His address. Only Yuta knows about his double life. And the owner because he's a prick.

"But if it makes him happy, I don't see the point in your objection." Yuta packs a lot of sense in his argument, he has no problem with that. But because he's making much more sense right now to the point that Yoonoh can't parry anymore, he couldn't help but be more annoyed.

Yoonoh really wished Taeil the best. He'd give the world to him if he could. Afterall, he's the only living person insane enough to give him a roof on his head. But he couldn't give away his Moonmoon yet. Not to that sketchy looking Lee Taeyong.

Once he finished with the tower of dishes, he sighed and remembered like the encounter was just yesterday.

 

 

(Flashback)

Yoonoh's bare feet creates constant rigid sounds as they stick and unstick with the tattered linoluem upon walking to and fro the compact space enclosing their living room, dining area and kitchen. The room was small, only a second-hand sofa were the two offenders settled, portable stove to reheat minute-boxed lunch and a lamp from a dollar store on a four by four makeshift table Taeil crafted himself out of construction debris. They were poor so nothing else was there.

"Yoonyoon." Taeil, thankfully now had a pair of shorts to cover his nether region, breaks the stillness by calling him by his petname but the atmosphere fell back to silence when Yoonoh raised his hand, a wordless command to stop.

"This will be an exclusive family talk, I believe. So pay this hoe up and kick him out." Yoonoh glared at the other unknown man who still dared to stay near the danger zone and he felt a tiny satisfaction seeing how good he served his disrespect when 'the hoe' flinched.

"Yoonyoon. I didn't teach how to be rude." Taeil scooted towards the guy and scoops him in his embrace while giving him reassuring pats and prevent tears nearing to spill. Taeil flashes him the warm smile that is suppossed to be reserved only for him and what's more infuriating is that he manage to calm the guy back.

"Oh? What have I learned from this experience? Let's see. Uhmmm. It's perfectly okay to bring a bedwarmer in this slum and what? Let the neighbors know how you screw this skinny while cursing is a tabboo?" Yoonoh sarcastically remarked.

"Language, Yoonyoon. Language."

Yoonoh scoffed visibly. "How can you defend him, Moonmoon?"

"I re

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter