Part II (Final)

You Are My Fantasy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"What boyfriend?! Oh, Baekhyun? That fictional character you wrote about in a book? Chanyeol, get your head out of the clouds and realize that Baekhyun doesn't ing exist!"

* * *

No. 

 

Chanyeol isn't taking any of it. He's pushing all the words that came out of Jongdae's mouth in the back of his mind because he knows what Jongdae is saying is false. 

 

Baekhyun.

 

Is. 

 

Real. 

 

To prove that, Chanyeol moves aside so the younger boy behind him can make an appearance. "If Baekhyun's really nonexistent, then explain this," Chanyeol says sardonically with a slight smirk on his face, but when he sees the look of perplexion manifested on Jongdae's face, Chanyeol's smirk instantly drops. 

 

Slowly turning his head around, the pitiful author can't believe what he's seeing. He can't see anything at all, that is; Baekhyun is gone. 

 

"N-No... B-Baekhyun was here right behind me!" Chanyeol desperately cries out, hoping that his friend will believe him, but Jongdae can only give the giant a sorrowful glance. 

 

"It's either Baekhyun or Kyungsoo-"

 

"What the hell?! I'm not going to ing choose between my boyfriend and my best friend!" Chanyeol simply states. 

 

The smaller man lets out a soft sigh before he shakes his head. "Fine, let me rephrase that. It's either you start living in reality again, or you live in that fantasy that you created. If you choose the latter, we're over, Chanyeol. I mean it. I'll give you a couple of weeks to decide. In the meantime, I'm going to find Kyungsoo while you can go look for that... character," Jongdae murmurs the last word softly. 

 

When Jongdae leaves, he doesn't even give the giant another glance. He simply turned around and walked away, not giving Chanyeol a chance to say another word. 

 

After Jongdae leaves and is completely out of Chanyeol's sight, the latter slowly closes the door. Heaving a sigh, Chanyeol lets his back fall onto the door before he slides down, knees completely giving up on him as his body begins to tremble. 

 

Has everything all just been some kind of fantasy that he created? Did he really spend eleven months inside his house with someone he imagined? Chanyeol's head begins to spin, and soon he finds his vision blurring more with every blink. The last thing Chanyeol says before he completely passes out is, of course, the name of the person he loves so damn much. 

 

"B-Baekhyun..."

* * *

"Baekhyunnie..." the voice called. After waiting a few seconds with no response, the voice called out once again. "Baekkie!" Still, no response. The voice raised its volume, and, this time, the voice finally cried out, "BAEK!" 

 

Finally, the man got a response when the boy he cried out to was beginning to flutter his eyes open. 

 

"Baekhyun!" Hoojun exclaimed excitedly before he grabbed the little boy and buried him into his chest, burying Baekhyun's face as he did so. He knew he was probably suffocating the poor boy, but he paid no heed. He had almost lost Baekhyun if it weren't for him coming on time. Hoojun embracing the young was worth more than Baekhyun's eternal sleep, so Hoojun didn't care if Baekhyun slapping lightly on his chest and telling him that he couldn't breathe. 

 

It was only a few minutes later did Hoojun finally deem that he had tortured the young boy enough, and he finally let go. Little did he know that Baekhyun still craved to be buried into Hoojun's chest, feeling the warmth radiating off the giant. 

 

"Do you know how worried I was?! Chen came to me an hour ago, telling me that you were badly injured, and do you realize just how much trouble I caused at the royal palace? My father's going to kill me, but you're lucky that I... uh... care for you a lot," Hoojun said sheepishly as he rubbed the back of his neck. He noticed that he wasn't the only one feeling slightly embarrassed when he saw the little boy looking down and not up at his eyes. Hoojun immediately felt apologetic because he knew how much Baekhyun hated to be reprimanded. 

 

There was always something so special about Baekhyun. Though the younger boy had a fierce and determined personality, he still hated to be reprimanded by the people he cared about. Hoojun noticed this a long time ago when he saw that Baekhyun would always have his head down whenever someone he loved started to raise their voice at him. Hoojun mentally slapped himself, for he knew he sounded infuriated a minute ago, but he couldn't help it. As soon as Chen gave him the notice about Baekhyun, Hoojun immediately dropped everything and made his way towards the younger boy. 

 

None of his duties at the royal palace mattered as long as Baekhyun was safe. Hoojun, however, didn't know why he always acted so irrationally whenever Baekhyun was brought up. Hoojun had asked his father and even read several books, hoping to get some kind of answer, but all he was given was a statement, claiming that Hoojun just cared a lot about the younger boy. That was all, nothing more and nothing less. 

 

Noticing that Baekhyun's head was still down, Hoojun replaced his frown with a soft smile before tilting the little boy's chin up with his thumb and forefinger. "Hey, look, I'm sorry I yelled at you. I... didn't mean it. I was just so worried, you know? You always make me so worried, Baekhyunnie. I can't help it..." 

 

The look of shame on Baekhyun's face was immediately replaced with a tiny grin before he spoke in a soft voice. "I know you care a lot. I really do. I... care a lot about you too." 

 

"Of course you do." Hoojun let out a soft chuckle before he realized he still hadn't asked his question that he had been meaning to ask. "By the way... what exactly happened?" 

 

Just from the look on Baekhyun's face, Hoojun instantly put everything together. Gritting his teeth, Hoojun seethed with venom in his voice. "It was the villagers again, wasn't it?" 

 

"H-Hoojun..."

 

"ing hell!" Hoojun got off the bed before making his way towards the door of Baekhyun's tiny cottage. "I'm going to make those villagers pay! They can't keep treating you like a monster! You're anything but a monster, Baekhyun! You're the kindest, most compassionate, caring, and greatest friend that I ever had. The villagers have no idea what they're missing out on! I just... I can't let them keep treating you like , Baekhyun. I'm going to make them sto-"

 

"No! Please!" 

 

Before Hoojun knew it, Baekhyun was standing right behind Hoojun, his chest pressing onto the giant's back, hands wrapped around Hoojun's waist. "P-Please... I can handle it. You interfering will only bring them more hatred upon me, so please, I'll figure out a way to prove to them that I'm not who they think I am." 

 

The giant noticed how the little boy's voice was beginning to waver. Instantly, Hoojun turned around and noticed the tears Baekhyun's eyes. Hoojun's heart clenched in agony as he watched the sight in front of him. The villagers had gone too far this time. Hoojun could see the bruises reappear when he helped heal them just a week ago. The scratches on Baekhyun's arms were more visible than last week; the scars became ever so prominent on Baekhyun's face; the tears began to fall rapidly, and Hoojun just wanted to slaughter all the villagers for pushing his best friend to the edge like this. 

 

And for what? Because Baekhyun was slightly different from the rest of the villagers? Because Baekhyun possessed some kind of demon in his vessels, yet he already had every ounce of control of the demon in his body? Hoojun refused to believe it. All because of this damn demon that was stuck in Baekhyun's consciousness caused so much pain and heartbreak to his little friend. 

 

Seeing the tears fall more rapidly than ever, Hoojun lost every bit of restraint and wrapped his tiny friend in his arms, gripping the younger boy so tightly as if Baekhyun were to dissipate. "Fine... I won't do anything, but what are you going to do then? What's your plan? I'm not letting you go until you tell me your plan, at least." 

 

"I... I'll figure something out..." 

 

"As long as you don't get yourself killed..." Hoojun said with a serious tone in his voice. His heart squeezed in pain when a soft chuckle was emitted from Baekhyun's mouth. 

 

"Who do you think I am? I'm Byun Baekhyun... I don't and I won't die! Have some faith in me, Hoojun!" Baekhyun looked up at the giant who had his head down, already looking at the younger boy. Their eyes met, and all they could see was how much they cared for each other. But it was Baekhyun who looked even further into Hoojun's eyes, and he smiled, noticing the plethora of emotions in his eyes, but the one emotion he saw that caught his attention was the one he hoped to see the most: love. 

 

"Hm," Hoojun hummed before putting his head on top of Baekhyun's head. "I'll believe in you, then. I always have, and I always will." 

 

"I know, Hoojun. I know how much you... care... about me and believe in me. I know..."

* * *

"Yeollie!" the voice cries out in a desperate tone. When the voice receives no response, the voice cries out even louder. "Y-Yeol! C-Chanyeollie!" 

 

Baekhyun almost lets his tears run down his cheeks in relief when he sees his giant boyfriend finally begin to flutter his eyes open. "Thank God you're okay!" 

 

Before the giant knows what's happening, he feels a small figure being thrown onto him. A soft groan comes is elicited from Chanyeol's mouth before he fully opens his eyes and notices the small boy on top of him. For some reason, he's not happy about that at all. Without letting out a word, Chanyeol slightly pushes the boy off of him, earning himself a questionable glance from Baekhyun, yet the giant pays no heed. Not knowing why, but he feels himself getting slightly irritated when his eyes land on Baekhyun. 

 

The latter, having no idea what he did wrong, suddenly asks, "D-Did I do something wrong?" 

 

"Besides the fact that you almost ing embarrassed me in front of my friend today, nothing's wrong at all!" Chanyeol exclaims irritatingly, obviously not in the mood to look at his boyfriend who has a sorrowful expression on his face. 

 

"Y-Yeollie... I... don't really know what you're talking about." 

 

"You don't?!" Chanyeol knows he shouldn't have yelled at the little boy, for the latter has his head down, tears his eyes. "Well, let me remind you. Jongdae told me that you were some fictional character and told me that you don't exist. Then I tried to prove to him that he was wrong, and you suddenly disappeared? Speaking of disappearing, why the hell are you always disappearing at the most inconvenient times?! I needed you Baek, but you weren't there for me. I thought you... cared." 

 

Baekhyun's eyes immediately widen, not even caring now that the tears have completely fallen down his cheeks. He looks up at his boyfriend with such a hurtful expression that Chanyeol almost regrets what he said. "Y-Yeol... I do care," Baekhyun murmurs softly. "I-It's... hard to explain, though." 

 

"Explain, then. I've got time." Chanyeol crosses his arms together, waiting in anticipation for what Baekhyun has to say. He knows how much he's hurting Baekhyun at the moment, but Chanyeol was hurt as well. He needed Baekhyun, yet the latter wasn't there for him. Chanyeol wants an explanation on how Baekhyun could just suddenly disappear, and so he waits patiently for the moment Baekhyun's going to open his mouth. 

 

"Y-You... I'm... not from here, aren't I?" Baekhyun stutters as he glances at Chanyeol for a moment before looking back down again. 

 

Chanyeol notices how uneasy Baekhyun looks at the moment, and furrows his brows. "What are you talking about?" 

 

"I'm not from here, aren't I?" 

 

"How am I supposed to know?" Chanyeol asks bitterly, paying no heed to the hurtful expression on Baekhyun's face. 

 

"I mean... I'm not from this world, aren't I?"

 

"What do you-" . Chanyeol's eyes began to widen as he looked at his boyfriend with absolute shock and terror manifested on his face. He knew. Baekhyun knew...

 

"So you do know what I'm talking about." 

 

"B-Baek, when did you-"

 

"Eleven months ago when you went out to eat with your friends. I knew that there was something about that book that I just had to read that book. I was so confused when you took it away from, almost as if you were... hiding something from me. When you left, my curiosity got the best of me, and I... found another copy of the book. It's funny, isn't it? I happen to act and look just like that Byun Baekhyun character." The younger boy chuckles bitterly at the end, but Chanyeol doesn't find anything funny about the situation because Baekhyun knew all along. 

 

"I-I'm-"

 

"Don't bother apologizing," Baekhyun cuts him off. "I don't want it. However," Baekhyun continues. This time, looking into Chanyeol's eyes, Baekhyun finally says, "I have one request. Actually, it's more of a demand." 

 

"W-What is it?" Chanyeol nervously wonders.

 

"I need you to kill me... again."

 

What?! Chanyeol knows he probably just heard incorrectly, and so he asks again, nervously this time. "B-Baek... what do you really want?"

 

"Chanyeol," Baekhyun says sternly, and Chanyeol gulps, knowing that his boyfriend is serious. "I need you to kill me." 

 

"Absolutely not! H-How... am I going t-to kill you when I just got you back?" The giant stutters, his head spinning from what he's hearing at the moment. How can Baekhyun expect Chanyeol to kill him? How can Chanyeol be able to bear the guilt of murdering his favorite character and beloved again? Chanyeol doesn't want to know. "I'm not killing you, Baekhyun! You're a real person! Y-You're not just some kind of fictional character, so how do you expect me to kill you?!" Chanyeol knows he's yelling at the poor boy, but his heart is clenching so tightly from the thought of losing Baekhyun, again. "I'm not losing you again!"

 

"Chanyeol!" Baekhyun yells back, snapping the giant out of his thoughts. "I didn't want to believe it too, b-but you must get rid of me from your mind. I-I'm just some character from a book. I have no purpose of being here... I'm supposed to be dead. I'm supposed to be a hero in the book. How can there be a hero in your book if I'm not even in it, Chanyeol?!" 

 

"I don't know!" Chanyeol shouts. He looks at Baekhyun and sees that the latter has tears forming in his eyes. 

 

"I don't want to believe this either, all right?! You think I chose to be a character from your book? You think I chose to get myself killed? I did absolutely nothing, Chanyeol. You are the author. You are the one who controlled me and everyone else. You decided to kill me, and now you just have to learn to let go, please! It will be better for the both of us if you just forget about me!" Baekhyun begins to cry, yet he doesn't show any sign of stopping the tears from falling. For once, Chanyeol has finally seen his boyfriend shed his tears out front, and it hurts so much because he knows Baekhyun is right. He needs to let go of Baekhyun, or else he'll be stuck between the fantasy world and reality. 

 

As Baekhyun cries get harder, Chanyeol doesn't hesitate to wrap his boyfriend with his arms, bringing his smaller boyfriend's head towards his chest. It should've felt weird now that Chanyeol knows that Baekhyun knows he's just a fictional character, but it doesn't. Everything just hurts to both men. They know their time together won't last must longer, and Chanyeol wants to do everything he can to savor any last moment he'll have with Baekhyun. 

 

"Baek..." Chanyeol whispers on top of his smaller boyfriend's head. 

 

"Hm?" Baekhyun hums. 

 

"How will I ever let you go?"

 

Baekhyun unburies his face from Chanyeol's chest and looks up at the giant. "You'll figure it out... I know you can. I believe in you, Chanyeol." Baekhyun places his head back onto Chanyeol's chest once again, unnoticing the silent tears that's slowly starting to fall from Chanyeol's eyes.

* * *

They say if you love someone, let them go. If they don't return, they never belonged to you in the first place. 

 

Is this really how it ends? Chanyeol wonders as his fingers are, once again, dancing over his keyboard, but his fingers aren't moving as graciously as they used to. Chanyeol continues to look up at the computer screen, eyes burning from the bright screen, but he doesn't stop what he's doing. Instead, he only works harder, pushing his fingers to type faster than he has ever done. The sequel must finish. It's been too long since he's been trapped in between the worlds of fantasy and reality, and Chanyeol can almost feel himself going insane. 

 

It has almost been two months since Baekhyun has requested Chanyeol to kill him, but Chanyeol still hasn't figured out a way yet. He knows he must find a way sooner than later because the more he spends time with Baekhyun, the more his feelings will grow for the smaller boy, and Chanyeol knows he can't have that happening if Baekhyun will eventually disappear. 

 

Chanyeol continues to type over his keyboard until he hears a soft voice call out to him. The giant turns around on his spinning chair to look behind him, seeing that Baekhyun is fully awake in his bed. "What's wrong, Baek?" 

 

"I can't sleep..." 

 

"Come here then." Chanyeol pats on his lap, gesturing for the younger boy to sit on his lap, and Baekhyun doesn't hesitate at all. 

 

Getting up from the bed, Baekhyun makes his way over to Chanyeol's lap before sitting on it and wrapping an arm around the giant's shoulder. "Can we bake something?"

 

"If that's what you want." Chanyeol grins as he watches Baekhyun's face brighten up. The giant knows he'll miss that smile once Baekhyun is gone, so before the smaller boy makes another move, Chanyeol asks him to stop. "Let's take a picture together. I want a memory of us..."

 

"Oh! Of course!" Baekhyun agrees to take a picture. As he's fixing his bed hair, Chanyeol is finding his polaroid camera. Once he finds it, Baekhyun suddenly asks, "How's my hair?" 

 

"Lovely," Chanyeol smirks before placing a soft kiss over Baekhyun's hair. 

 

"Really? I won't forgive you if you're lying..."

 

"I'm not. I promise you that." Eventually, Baekhyun realizes that Chanyeol is indeed telling the truth and they both start posing for a picture. As soon as Chanyeol snaps the photo, Baekhyun is already on his way to the kitchen. The giant wants to wait and see how the photo comes out but knowing that Baekhyun is absolutely helpless in the kitchen alone, Chanyeol decides to leave the photo on his nightstand before following his boyfriend downstairs. 

 

As the giant reaches downstairs, Baekhyun is already in the midst of getting everything ready. He takes out the ingredients from places he has come to know very well after living with Chanyeol for months. The latter is also getting the oven ready. 

 

The two men work diligently as time slowly passes, and Chanyeol can't wish for a better nig

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter