Meet Me Before Midnight

Meet Me Before Midnight

Jaejoong smiles to himself despite the cold wind starting to numb every bit of skin exposed to the cold. He looks along the Han River, loving the reflection of the city lights on the river's surface and enjoying the way his heart beats faster in excitement as he waits for the last and best present of the day.

„Jaejoongie.“

It's almost silly how hearing that nickname being uttered by that one person still manages to make him feel like a giddy teenager, the familiar sound of it making his heart race while erasing every single trace of coldness he has felt.

He turns around, not fighting it as his smile widens automatically, turning into a fullblown grin as he takes in the sight of his one man approaching him. “Yunho.”

“Have you been waiting long?” Yunho asks, the concern in his eyes filling Jaejoong with a great sensation of warmth and security. “You should've waited in the car. You might get sick again like this.”

Jaejoong chuckles before wrapping his arms around Yunho, enjoying the familiar feeling of being in his lover's embrace. He has missed this. Being able to hold Yunho this close as the distinct and calming scent of the other's perfume surrounds him.

“It would be worth it.” Jaejoong mumbles into Yunho's shoulder, loving the way Yunho's holds him as if he doesn't want to let go ever again. “Seeing you is always worth everything.”

Yunho let out a chuckle on his own. “Stop making me want to kiss you. Things won't end well when people see me ravishing you in public.”

The blonde singer's lips curve up into a smirk before he pulls back in order to look into Yunho's eyes properly. “Wouldn't I be worth the consequences?”

Knowing that his lover is just being a tease, Yunho starts to sport a smirk on his own. But before he can bring himself to tease his lover back, his heart decides to take over and causes his smirk to turn into a gentle smile, his gaze now loving instead of mischievous.

“Of course you are. You always are.” He speaks in a whisper, slowly erasing the space between Jaejoong and himself as he leans down only to be stopped by Jaejoong's hand covering his mouth.

Yunho raises his eyebrows and hates himself a little for how much he enjoys seeing his usually confident lover so flustered and shy out of a sudden, knowing that he managed to make him like this.

“I was just kidding.” Jaejoong says timidly, looking around as if trying to see whether someone is around to witness everything as a subtle red hue starts to cover his cheeks.

The tall man smiles a tad bit wider before getting a hold of Jaejoong's hand, slowly removing it from over his lips. “I wasn't.”

There is no time for Jaejoong to react as Yunho closes the gap between them within a second after speaking, successfully making Jaejoong go weak in his arms as he throws away all worries he had to simply enjoy the breathtaking sensation of feeling Yunho's lips on his.

It's risky and foolish, both of them know it and yet, they can't help it. It's not like they don't know how to be careful. The two of them have years worth of experience in hiding and yet, sometimes, their feelings are too strong and yes, it's scary and dangerous in a way, and yet so endlessly wonderful. To feel that kind of strong love is the best gift anyone can receive.

As they pull apart, Jaejoong is unable to hold back the tears of happiness which refuse to be hidden.

“Happy Birthday, my love.” Yunho says, not commenting on his lover's tears of happiness as he wipes them away gently.

Jaejoong smiles, getting a hold of Yunho's right hand as he pulls it towards his face to give the other's ring finger a soft kiss. “Thank you, my heart.”

The blonde singer then holds up his own right hand and smiles at the sight of the jewelry gracing his ring finger. Not saying anything, he slowly removes all of them before placing them onto the palm of his right hand, the rings devided into two piles, each one including one Cartier ring and one Chrome Hearts ring.

Yunho's lips curve up some more as he takes the two rings he has seen Jaejoong wear during his first fanmeet after ending military service while his lover naturally takes the other set of rings.

No words are needed as Yunho gets a hold of Jaejoong's right hand, slowly sliding the two rings he has taken earlier onto his lover's ring finger before pressing a soft kiss onto the spot where the jewelry is, all too gladly holding out his own right hand afterwards as Jaejoong puts the remaining two rings on his ring finger in return, the soft slide of the familiar jewelry against his skin reminding him of the time they have first exchanged rings like this.

A soft kissing sound reaches Yunho's ears afterwards as he watches Jaejoong kiss the rings he has put on him. The couple then smiles and Yunho gently takes a hold of his lover's left hand, soon leading him away from their meeting spot to take a stroll along the Han River and celebrate the last minutes of Jaejoong's birthday underneath the stars.

Jaejoong sighs in contentment despite the cold wind growing more cruel with each minute.

After all, the coldness surrounding him is nothing against the warmth filling his heart as he feels his husband's engagement and wedding rings brushing against his skin.
-----------------
comments are gold