Only Fools

Only Fools
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Everyone and their mother could have seen this one coming. In fact, they all expected it to happen at this point.

“Kai is in the bathroom crying, you should probably go check on him.” Yixing told Baekhyun as he passed by him in the living room.

The house they were in was alive with movement and people, music practically pouring out of the windows and doors. The party was in full gear and it was just around the right time for Kai and Sehun to get into it again. Anyone who knew the couple were used to their constant arguments and screaming matches.

The latest had resulted when Kai went into the backyard of the house to find Sehun whispering in some girl’s ear against a wall while she giggled and pressed her s up against him. His eye sight started to bleed red into it as he crossed the distance and pushed Sehun away from the girl with a great deal of force.

Sehun stumbled back a few steps but kept himself upright, eyes narrowing on his boyfriend. Unlike most douchebags, Sehun didn’t grovel when he was caught flirting with someone else. Instead the just puffed up his chest and acted like he didn’t do anything wrong. Kai was always the bad guy, always.

“What the is your problem?” Sehun spat out.

The girl who he was previously whispering flirtatiously to was walking away from them awkwardly, but Sehun’s loud voice was already drawing an audience from the other people outside.

Kai looked at him incredulously, “My problem? What the is your problem?! Did you just happen to forget you have a boyfriend?”

“And? I wasn’t even doing anything wrong Kai, shove off.”

This really set the tanned male off. He ing hated this. Sehun pulled this all of the time and it drove him mad. You’d think after a year of being together that he would learn to keep his in his pants, but that obviously wasn’t the case. He took every opportunity he could to flirt with girls and guys, no s given that his boyfriend could see him. It felt as if he was daring Kai to make a big deal out of it.

“Are you psychotic? In what world is shoving a girl up against a wall with her s pressed into your chest okay? How about whatever the it was you were saying to her? And don’t try to brush it off as nothing because it sure as didn’t look like nothing.”

Sehun scoffed at him and folded his arms over his wide chest, dark eyes glaring at his boyfriend. He took a few steps forward and got right up into Kai’s face, face twisted into dark amusement.

“What, were you jealous? I thought I told you that I hate it when you’re such a clingy all of the time.”

That did it. Kai looked at Sehun like he was some sort of monster. He took a few steps back and turned right around, heading back into the house before he could make any more of a spectacle of himself. He would have a chance to hash this out properly when he and Sehun were alone, but arguing in public would only make them a topic of gossip, though it was probably a little too late for that.

That’s how Kai ended up in the first floor bathroom sobbing, curled up into a ball on the floor and yelling profanities at anyone who tried to come in. He was so ing done with everything, with this constant pain. Sehun had two sides, the side that treated Kai like a precious gem and showered him in love, and then the side that was a total dickhead who practically lived for making his boyfriend’s life a living hell.

A soft knocking on the door brought him out of his thoughts, “Kai? Hey it’s Baekhyun.”

He shuffled over to the door and unlocked it, then slithered back to his spot on the floor, arms wrapped around his legs as he cried into them. God he was so pathetic a sight, but Baekhyun had seen him like this enough that Kai didn’t really care.

No words for needed when his friend came in. Baekhyun closed the bathroom door behind him and locked it before he sank down beside Kai, pulling the crying boy into his arms for a tight embrace. The sobbing only grew louder and Kai held onto the smaller male tightly for dear life.

“I can’t do this anymore Baek,” He cried into the brunette’s shoulder, “My heart can’t take it. Why does he do this to me? I hate him!”

Hands rubbed his back soothingly and Baekhyun rested his head over Kai’s. He knew what his friend’s opinion was on all of this. The short male had no problem telling Kai repeatedly that he and Sehun had no business being together. He called them toxic, the kind of people that brought out the worst in each other. The problem with that though is that they also brought out the best.

“You don’t have to put yourself through this, you know.” Baekhyun whispered softly.

“But I can’t lose him Baekhyun, I ing hate him but I just love him so damn much.”

That was the problem. Kai loved Sehun more than anything or anyone. He was miserable with Sehun, but without him he was nothing and that was even worse.

His friend sighed in what sounded like defeat, “I know Kai.”

 

Kai was absolutely dreading going to school on Monday morning. The rest of the party on Saturday night was spent getting ridiculously drunk until he couldn’t even remember his own name, then he hitched a ride home with Baekhyun and Chanyeol from the party and then

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter