Step Two: Mission ''Torture Your Spouse''

What happens after happily ever after....

 

 

 

 

Honeymoon was something which Chanyeol could describe as ‘’PERFECT’’. Everything went as he had planned and nothing was out of place. He could tell from Baekhyun’s glowing smile that she loved it too.

 

 

Two weeks of honeymoon passed in a flash and was now saved as memories in their cameras.

 

 

Their return to Chanyeol’s home was supplemented with a lot of stress, especially for Chanyeol. It was time to adjust Baekhyun and her stuff in Chanyeol’s place but like Baekhyun had promised in her actual vows, she didn’t come with a lot of baggage. She came with HUGE baggage. Chanyeol started hyperventilating when he saw the mounting amount of boxes stacked against the walls of his living room but only calmed down when Baekhyun told him that half of the stuff belonged to her boutique and will hence stay in the study.

 

 

 

Baekhyun was more creative than Chanyeol had expected. She unpacked her stuff, cleaned and redecorated living room so exquisitely that Chanyeol was left speechless. She made sure to place her favorite sofa near Chanyeol's in front of TV. Chanyeol stared at the wonderful state of their bedroom after Baekhyun had been done with setting it. She divided the room and wardrobe into two and warned Chanyeol never to invade her space. Chanyeol didn't argue. If she wanted privacy, then the least Chanyeol could do was give her what she not-so-politely asked for.

 

 

​​​​​Kitchen, basement, attic and guest room were peacefully refurbished. But a war broke when it was time to do study. Chanyeol made sure to buy a house which will support as many extra rooms as possible when he was informed about Baekhyun and succeeding career of her boutique, so they could get their privacy and could peacefully do their jobs. But the two rooms left to be decorated as study soon became a battlefield. Both of them wanted the bigger one. Baekhyun reasoned with having a lot of fabric stock, mannequins and sewing machines which will consume a lot of space, and Chanyeol argued back with having a big enough room to have his work related meetings where they could freely discuss the tactics of his business.

 

 

The war ended with a large purple bruise on Chanyeol's forehead where Baekhyun's shoe had hit him and a victorious grin on his face while a grumpy Baekhyun stashed away her belongings in the smaller study.

 

 

Chanyeol was able to improve Baekhyun's mood at dinner when he told her about the stories of how scared he was of her before wedding.

 

 

The remaining of Chanyeol's marriage leave wounded down in no time. One morning, he woke up to alarm bell blaring his ears. He woke up groggily and turned it off. Then blinked his unfocused eyes several times until they adjusted to let him see the time.

 

 

 

"7:30 am"

 

 

 

"Dammit!” he yelled and jumped off the bed, suddenly wide awake. He ran about the bedroom collecting his office stuff, gave a quick iron to his clothes and placed his briefcase, phone and wallet on table. He needed to get ready soon. So he picked up his towel and marched towards bathroom but someone was already in there.

 

 

 

In all the chaos, he didn't notice Baekhyun's absence from bed. He knew she always woke up before him but didn't know she took shower too. So he knocked impatiently on the door while tapping his foot. He was already late for his first day at work after wedding. He knocked twice more and stopped abruptly when Baekhyun snapped angrily from behind the door. He waited for several minutes after which Baekhyun finally and thankfully opened the bathroom door. Even in the situation of delay, Chanyeol couldn't help but stare at how y Baekhyun looked. Her petite body was clad in a white bathrobe and her short black hair dripped with water. It reminded Chanyeol of one of those passionate nights of their honeymoon where he had made the always sassy Baekhyun a mess. Chanyeol shook his head hard as he felt heat creep up his neck. Now wasn't the time to be seduced by that witch. So Chanyeol hurriedly rushed into the moist and warm bathroom.

 

 

''Next time, don't knock like an idiot", Baekhyun snarled and leaned on the door, watching him with crossed arms as Chanyeol hurriedly brushed his teeth. "And I've prepared your breakfast, don't skip it or there won't be any breakfast from next time."

 

 

"I won't, I won’t", Chanyeol muttered as he searched for his shaving razor. But it was nowhere. Baekhyun watched him with a bemused expression as he searched the medicine cabinet and raided the shampoo cupboard, but no sign of it.

 

 

"Where is the razor?!” he yelled in frustration and a very mischievous giggle escaped Baekhyun's lips. Chanyeol's eyes turned to Baekhyun and she quickly looked away. Then, his eyes automatically turned towards bathtub.

 

 

 

There, dripping with water, was his shaving razor.

 

 

 

"You used my shaving razor on your legs?!” Chanyeol rounded on Baekhyun, who blinked innocently at him.

 

 

"I forgot mine at the honeymoon suite", there was a whiny edge to her answer, just like a kid caught in an honest mischief.

 

 

"You used my FACE razor on your LEGS?!” Chanyeol yelled again.

 

 

"So what? You use my face cream on your feet all the time", Baekhyun replied, picking at her nails. "And you weren't so grossed out about my legs when you and kissed them up to my hips", Baekhyun said with a smirk plastered on her face as she turned and made way to dressing table. Chanyeol stared at her back. Speechless. Half because she wasn't guilty at being caught red handed and half because of what she had said turned him on really badly.

 

 

Chanyeol didn’t even believe himself when he got ready in ten minutes, hastily shoved toast in his mouth, pecked Baekhyun goodbye and was off to office. Well, not much for first day at work but he got away with it anyway. He drove quietly to work, making up excuses in his mind to his secretary. He somehow didn’t want anyone to think his lateness was because of Baekhyun.

 

 

 

Chanyeol didn’t forget about the morning incident whole week. One evening, he decided to take revenge on Baekhyun. At night when he could hear Baekhyun’s soft snores, he crept out of bed and took Baekhyun’s talcum powder along with him to bathroom. He searched for her hair dryer then filled it with talcum powder.

 

 

That night Chanyeol slept with a huge grin on his face. He felt happy with himself. At morning, Baekhyun woke up with him and after preparing breakfast, she sat on bed and busied herself with a dress sketch a customer of her had requested. The normal morning had driven Chanyeol’s mischief of last night out of his mind. He listened quietly as Baekhyun complained about how annoying some her customers were but after shower when Chanyeol picked up the hair dryer, he was blasted off with a bomb of white powder and Baekhyun doubled over with laughter over bed. Chanyeol cursed at himself at his own failure and had to shower again.

 

 

That same night, Chanyeol’s sister Yoora wanted to invite the newly wedded couple over for dinner. She asked about what they would like for dinner. Chanyeol, who knew that Baekhyun was vegetarian, told Yoora to make mushrooms, a traditional family dish. Baekhyun agreed and Yoora invited them over for weekend.

 

 

 

 

 

On weekend, Chanyeol and Baekhyun got ready for the dinner. That evening, Baekhyun looked unusually beautiful in a midnight blue dress that complimented her makeup. Chanyeol was finding it hard to keep his eyes off her. On way to Yoora’s place, Baekhyun suggested that they should buy something for Yoora and her family. Although really mean to him sometimes, Chanyeol adored how Baekhyun always cared about others. After a quick stop at gift shop, they made it to Yoora’s place half hour before the dinner time. Yoora was more than happy to have Baekhyun over for dinner. The two girls gossiped away endlessly while Chanyeol stared at them quietly. His sister was someone who didn’t get along well with many girls, but seeing her like that with Baekhyun made him wonder if his wife was really something special. While Baekhyun played with Yoora’s kids, his sister called him in kitchen. She gave him the task to chop mushrooms while she set the dining table.

 

 

 

 

 

 

‘’Is this only what you wanted?’’, Chanyeol asked, placing the knife down.

 

 

 

‘’No…actually I needed to ask you something’’, she rounded up on Chanyeol, a worried expression etched on her face, ‘’about you and Baekhyun.’’  

 

 

 

‘’What about us?’’, Chanyeol inquired.

 

 

 

‘’Are you happy with her?’’, his sister’s question caught him off guard.

 

 

 

‘’Why wouldn’t I be happy with her?’’, he asked in an amused voice.

 

 

 

 

 

 

‘’Well, you see, our old neighbors moved into the house right next to yours and Mrs. Jung told mum that you both fight a lot. She hears a lot of shouting and once even saw a shoe flying out of window. Is that true? Is something wrong between you two?’’.

 

 

 

Chanyeol chuckled lightly and replied, ‘’ we do have a lot of disagreements and she did throw her shoes at me but that was because I annoyed her a lot. I like being with her and I really love her a lot. I’m sure she loves me too, otherwise she won’t share the room with me.’’

 

 

 

Chanyeol’s answer seemed to calm Yoora and she began to garnish the chopped mushrooms on the main dish. ‘’I hope she likes it, this is first time I’ve cooked meat.’’

 

 

 

It was only at dining table that Baekhyun found out about the main dish being meat and said vegetable was only used as garnishing. To keep Yoora’s heart, Baekhyun didn’t complain, but she didn’t eat the dinner much either except for the garnishing of meat and salad, while Chanyeol ate with his head bowed down as guilt engulfed him to the very tip of his last hair. Yoora seemed to have sensed something odd. After dinner, as Baekhyun was kissing Yoora’s kids goodbye, Yoora inquired about it from Chanyeol who explained everything in an undertone laced with guilt. His sister got really mad and told Baekhyun to come again for dinner and she will cook her favorites.

 

 

Baekhyun agreed to come next weekend and after that they set off to home.

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun didn’t seem to have forgotten about the dinner incident at all and didn’t seem to forgive Chanyeol easily. The following week when Chanyeol came home from work, tired and hungry, he found the dining table decorated with nothing but dinner made from vegetables, while Chanyeol despised vegetables and called them ‘’rabbit food’’. Although it was a very good way to take revenge, but Baekhyun didn’t let Chanyeol starve, as she made sure to make Chanyeol’s favorite mashed potatoes and smoked vegetable salad, which Chanyeol thought was only way to eat enough vegetables. And soon, probably out of pity, Baekhyun ended her meat grudge and cooked something for Chanyeol which wasn’t vegetable.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Although Chanyeol found it convenient to arrange meetings at his home, but he didn’t like the idea of his employees staring non-stop at Baekhyun, especially when she used Chanyeol’s study wall as a background for her dress photoshoot. He cherished her beauty, but he didn’t want others to do so. The only people he was so comfortable about letting meet Baekhyun were his two best friends, Jongin and Sehun. Even Baekhyun didn’t seem to mind them. She happily let them stay over for nights and even helped Jongin and his wife Kyungsoo with her pregnancy.

 

 

 

 

One morning when Chanyeol was arranging papers on his desk for meeting in his study, Baekhyun angrily marched in and threw a mannequin over to her favorite wall of study.

 

 

 

 

‘’Someone seems grumpy’’, Chanyeol chuckled, without looking up from his documents, and only did so when Baekhyun stood up in front of desk, her arms crossed on her chest and very livid expression marked on her face.

 

 

 

‘’Why is YOUR best man stalking MY bride’s maid?’’, she demanded, shoving her phone down Chanyeol’s nose which displayed a screenshot. Chanyeol chuckled. He knew about Baekhyun’s best friend and bride’s maid Luhan and he also knew about his friend Sehun being interested in her.

 

 

 

 

‘’Why can’t you two just accept Sehun?’’, Chanyeol asked while placing the documents in a file.  

 

 

‘’Accept that stalker for my best friend? My ’’, Baekhyun replied as she strode over to mannequin and started pulling a dress over it.

 

 

‘’Well, he’s nice, handsome, tall, earns a lot. What else a woman needs?’’, he asked while setting Baekhyun’s camera on tripod for her.

 

 

‘’He’s also a stalker’’, Baekhyun replied then busied herself with the shoot. Chanyeol stood beside her and watched her work for a while.

 

 

 

‘’You know, it’s all for fate to decide who’s for who’’, Chanyeol said after a while as Baekhyun changed the mannequin in a different dress. ‘’We both wouldn’t have ended up with each other if it wasn’t for fate’’, Chanyeol spoke as Baekhyun stood next to him.

 

 

 

‘’Fate is one thing, but forcing yourself is other’’, Baekhyun replied distractedly as she focused the lens.

 

 

‘’You know, I’m pretty sure I was forced upon you too. Knowing my mom, she would’ve pestered you until you had agreed ‘’, Chanyeol stared at Baekhyun who was looking through the viewfinder of her camera, but she wasn’t clicking any picture. Chanyeol thought that she was listening, so he continued. ‘’Maybe, fate can only help us so much and we need to force ourselves on others to make it work out otherwise, they won’t even notice us. I mean, probably you had gotten more proposals of guys better than me but when my mom or sister had forced me on you, it was only then you had agreed. Otherwise you would’ve rejected me like you did to everyone. So maybe, in my opinion, if we won’t do anything, then even fate can miscarry.’’  

 

 

Baekhyun stood quietly for a while, probably thinking. Then she detached her camera from tripod and mumbled, ‘’I’ll talk to Luhan’’, then her heels to leave study. As she reached the door, she paused and said, ‘’and it wasn’t you who was forced on me, but the other way around. It was me who sent your mother the proposal’’, saying so, she left Chanyeol to stand speechless and alone in the room.

 

 

Chanyeol didn’t know how long he stood there, he was aware of sharp pain creeping up his legs but he couldn’t move them. He stood there rooted to the spot, staring at the place where Baekhyun had made most incredible confession of their married life.

 

 

 

That whole day, Chanyeol was distracted out of happiness. His heart had never pumped away so happily. He could feel himself smiling non-stop.

 

 

So, it wasn’t one sided after all.

 

 

Now he was sure he had made Baekhyun feel insecure at a point too, like she had made him.

 

 

 

He swore at that point, he was at deepest mark of being in love with Baekhyun, if he fell deeper then he would go insane.

 

 


Author's Note:

So guys how was it? Hope it was good enough

I'm working really hard for it

Please support me more i really need it 

-Love, Author nim <3