final

STAY
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Nothing is permanent in this world, the changes are constant, feelings will fade and people are still people. That’s what Kim Taeyeon knows. Every day is a cycle; a cycle in which she perfectly knows that she can't bear to love someone to see them walk away before her eyes.

“Yow midget, Fany is waiting for you,” Choi Sooyoung, one of her co-workers said.

“Geez, Soo. No need to tell me I'm short. I know it already and thanks for telling me.”

“Might as well go now before Hellfany unleash herself.”

“Okay Soo. Thanks and see you later.”

Kim Taeyeon is working as a photographer and she is also an introvert. That’s what everyone calls her. She doesn’t talk too much unless it’s needed and she wants her personal space every time.

“Hi boss, you're looking for me?”

“Hi Taetae. I need you now as in now. Please help me,” the eye smile queen said while doing aegyo.

“Tiffany act your age, geez. Your aegyo is worst than Sunkyu. Tell me before I decide. What is it?
 “My best friend is coming today and I can’t pick her up in the airport. Can you be her guide?”

“I can pick her up, but to be her guide? What do you mean?”

“I'm going to London for Fashion Week and I can’t cancel it. Jessi didn’t tell me that she's coming to Korea.”

“Tiffany, you’re my best friend and boss but you're asking too much from me.”

“I know Taetae but you're the only person that I've trusted. Jess is like my sister and I don't want anything bad to happen to her when I'm gone. Please Taeyeon just this one. Can you?”

“Okay.”

“Thanks Taetae, I owe you,” Tiffany said while hugging Taeyeon.


--------------------


 Taeyeon never thought that she's seeing a real life goddess in front of her.

“Are you Kim Taeyeon?” The blonde girl said while keeping her cold face straight.

“I'm Kim Taeyeon, come with me.”

The two walked side by side until their forearms had bump with each other.

“Do you feel it?” Jessica asked.

“What?” Taeyeon was confused and puzzled.

“There’s a spark,” Jessica said while laughing leaving Taeyeon dumbfounded standing at the exit door.
 “Where are we going?”

“You're staying with me until Tiffany comes back.”

“What? Where is Tiffany?”

“She's in the plane going to London for Fashion Week. You just need to wait or if you want stay in the hotel.”

“No, I'm staying with you and did Tiffany told you that no one needs to know that I'm here in Korea?”

“No? Why?”

“Can you keep a secret? Can you keep me Taengoo?” Jessica starts to make her voice cuter and makes a pout.

“Damn she's so cute. Why is my heart beating like these?” Taeyeon thought to herself.

“Taengoo please…”

“Who is Taengoo?”

“You are Taengoo.”

“Stop your aegyo, we might run into an accident. And I will keep you. I'll babysit you Jessica. Now stop pouting and let me focus on the road.”

“Thank you Taengoo.”

Taeyeon just smiled but there are questions are running in her mind, like, why is her heart beating like crazy and why she's feeling happy seeing Jessica smile. 


--------------------


Days passed and the two were getting closer. Taeyeon let Jessica come into her personal space. She crushed the walls she built to protect herself from pain. Jessica is like a happy pill for Taeyeon. She makes Taeyeon happy without any reason. Just standing and smiling next to Taeyeon and things fit perfectly.

They are sitting on the soccer field grass after running. Jessica wants to run and Taeyeon just said yes.

“Taeyeon, how is it to be independent?”

“It’s good. You can do whatever you want. You can decide things on your own and at the same time it’s sad, living alone; going home in an empty place. No one will be there for you when you are sick.”

“Why are you here Sica?”

“I'm running away Taeyeon. Running away from the pressure of being a Jung.”

“You can run away but not every time. Take your time to accept and let yourself adjust to the situation. There are things we can't stop. We just need to face it even if the outcome won't be in favor of us,” Taeyeon said while looking at the sky.

“It will rain,” Jessica said.

“No, it won’t,” Taeyeon argues.

“Let’s take a bet. When it rains, you will cook for me,” Sica proudly said.

“Okay, deal.”

The two lay on the grass for one hour. The both of them are looking at the sky, thinking of how life played their lives so well.

How can I tell Sica that between our petty banters, long talks, and silly fights, I fell in love?

“How can I love you knowing that I can't be with you,” Jessica said to herself.

“C'mon Sica, let's go home. I won.”

Jessica sulked. “Okay.”

They are walking when the rain starts pouring. Taeyeon held Jessica's hand and together they ran. The two went home drenched and still holding hands.

“Hey Taengoo I win. Cook for me,” Sica said like a sergeant.

“Yes, your highness. What do you want?”

“Anything.”

“Okay princess.”


--------------------


 It’s already midnight but Taeyeon seems lost in her thoughts.

She drinks tea to help calm her system but the door of guest room suddenly opened and the reason of her midnight thoughts and phases is right in front of her eyes.

“Taeyeon, can’t sleep?”

“Yes and you?”

“Same.”

“You want tea? Milk?”

“Tea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter