Final

Destiny

Mark’s POV

Tuan Yien, Come on. Don’t be mad

I did not turn and kept on walking. Yesterday he himself made a promise to me that today he will take me sightseeing. But he completedly forgot his promise until I called him. If it not because of the phonecall maybe I still moldy waiting for him. It’s fine if he want me to wait at home, but he told me to wait at the park when today weather almost reached 40°C.

It’s already summer in korea, even korean people would be reluctant to leave the house in this heat. But for his sake I gave up my days off which are very precious to me.

Yien-ah~”

Tired of hearing his complaints, I turned my body to face him.

"Why did you forget?",,I asked with a pout on my face

"I’m so sorry Yien-ah. I totally forgot. I promise not to repeat it again",, he said holding up two fingers to form the letter "V"

"Well, because of you, today I have to suffering from the heat! So, you have take me to a place and play with me all day!"

He smiled at me and replied,,"Roger!"

I also smiled back at him, but suddenly he closed his mouth and coughed loudly.

End Mark’s POV

Jackson’s POV

When I saw his smile, suddenly I feel my chest thigten, then I covered my mouth with my hand and coughed severely. I opened my mouth a bit and looked at my palm.

Blood, why should be at a time like this. I turned my back from him and reaching my pocket handkerchief and wiped my hand and lips from the annoying blood.

Then I felt a little hand touched my arm. I turned and saw a worried face of Mark.

"Are you sick? Dont tell me you were late this morning due to sickness ?? "

"No",,I said quickly.,,"I am alright. Just a cough, not a problem",,He looked at me in disbelief, but then nod as well.

"Good if you are okay. Let's go",,He smiled at me, pulling my hand gently.

The more I see his smile, the more painful it felt my heart to leave him. 3 months ago, I was sentenced to have final stage blood cancer.

At that time Dr. Kim, my personal doctor said that I only had three months longer to lived. That means, this is the last month I could see the people I love, especially who were in front of me now.

When you see the innocence of his heart, sweet smile, the more I was not willing to leave this world. If I could choose, I'm willing to lose all the possessions and everything in my life just to stay by his side. Unfortunately, I think it will never happen, because the Lord has outlined my life only up to this limit.

Gaga?”

"Oh. Let’s go.",,I said as I walked toward my car were parked.

He followed me from behind still with a suspicious face, but I ignore him and kept on walking.

End Jackson’s POV

Author’s POV

"Jackson-ah, let's go to the amusement park"

"Amusement park? Why?"

"Because I want to play with you of course",,Mark said with sparkling eyes

Jackson smiled at his childlike personality that Mark had.

"Shall we go to the Han River?",,Suggested Jackson

"Why do we go there?"

"I wanted to create unforgettable memories with you"

End Author’s POV

Mark’s POV

"I wanted to create unforgettable memories with you"

Somehow I don’t like the answer that Jackson gave me. I feel like we'll be separated forever.

"Jackson-ah, you will always be with me right?"

He fell quiet for a moment, his expression change, but then he smiled. Just smiled without answering me. He did not give me an answer and I hate it. He did not gave me the assurance. But I kept silent and looked outside the window.

End Mark’s POV

Author’s POV

Journey to the the Han River take quite some time certainly, because the time is already shown at 15:07.

"Mark-ah, We arrived, Let’s go out"

Mark got out and looked around. There are only the two of them.

"Why is no one here?”,,Mark asked without looking at Jackson

Jackson smiled and replied,,"I said I want to make beautiful memories with you, just with you Tuan Yien"

"Why are you talking like that? What do you mean by memories? Are you going to leave me?",,Mark asked while his hand grabbed the bottom of his shirt thightly.

"Hush. Don’t ask any question. Let’s spend the time today. Dont you want to play? Come on!",, Jackson replied, pulling Mark hand to follow him to the riverbank.

Mark had the feeling that something was wrong with Jackson, but he quickly removes the bad thoughts and focus on what is in front of his eyes.

They've play with each other. Whispering sweet talk, kissing each other, running and catching each other, but they had to stop when suddenly Jackson fall down breathless with a pale face.

Mark panicly ran towards Jackson just to see Jackson’s pale face clearly and his breathless breath. Jackson also coughing blood that make Mark panic even more.

Jackson-ah! Oh my God! Are you okay?”,, his hand full of Jackson blood. He is in panic and he don’t know what to do. He didn’t even know that Jackson was sick.

Yi..en. Me..di….cine. Ca-car.”,,Mark quickly headed to the car and looking for the medication that belongs to Jackson. He opened every drawer one by one panicly until he found a bottle of medicine and immediately give to Jackson.

Jackson already drink the medicine, but not become any better. Mark ready to bring Jackson to the hospital but detained by Jackson.

I’m okay,, Jackson reassured while holding Mark’s hand, still with his pale face

Mark could not hold back the tears that he detained anymore. Tears of anger, panic, confusion, guilty and sadness, rushing to his cheeks.

Jacskon did not try to stop the tears, he calm himself and stared at Mark’s eyes deeply.

Yien-ah, Can I sleep on your lap?”,, Mark nod his head still in tears. He help Jackson head to his lap and wiped the blood from Jackson mouth with his handkerchief. Jackson held his hand softly but firm. He closed his eyes and he tell Mark about his illness. He told Mark he just found out his illness about 3 months ago and he didn’t even dare to tell him. That he still in denied that he will go leaving all the people he loved and also this world.

Mark listening carefully every words Jackson said but the tears flowed more profusely. His uneasy feeling he had from this morning was this. Jackson’s strange words is because he will leave him alone. He will not stay by his side anymore.

“Yien-ah. I don’t want to die. I don’t want to leave you alone. I want to stay by your side everyday.”,, Jackson inhale and exhale deeply before continue,,”I’m sorry. I can’t be there with you at old age. And I’m sorry I can’t invite you there. I want you to live for me Yien. Live with our memories. And if you can, no. You must move on from me Tuan Yien. Promise me you will find your happiness even when I’m gone. Promise me.”,, Jackson said every words with closed eyes

Mark don’t want to promise him. He just want Jackson to stay by his side forever. But he just nod and whisper in tears,,”Yes..I promise you Gaga”

Jackson smiled as he opened his eyes and stared at Mark's eyes with a look of wistful and tender. But a second later he closed his eyes again. The smile on his face disappeared. His grip loosens. And at that very moment Mark realizes that he has just lost the most beloved in his life. Jackson is gone. And he will not wake up again forever. Mark crying uncontrollably while his hand still holding Jackson's hand tightly.

Just a few minutes ago Jackson still smiling at him, a few hours ago he was still playing with him, but now Jackson had left him, leaving this world.

Destiny can not be changed, and the time will not be played back. It is a Destiny.

End Author’s POV

End of Story