Final

Things In Plain Sight

Time was slipping from Jihoon's fingertips and Soonyoung didn't even know. 

 

 

 

Life was slowly leaving Jihoon and he himself didn't even notice.

 

 

 

They didn't suspect a thing for they had thought that everything was going perfectly. 

 

 

Is their relationship one filled with overflowing felicity and unconditional love?

Very much so.

 

In actuality, they might have been too ecstatic. Too blinded by joy that they didn't even consider the possibility of encountering problems. 

They inferred that nothing could foresake their fairytale-like love story.

 

But they thought wrong.

 

 

 

It was 10:51 in the evening when Kwon Soonyoung took Jihoon at the hospital. It was also 10:51 pm when he started to feel like he was about to die. 

The journey on the way to the hospital was agonizingly slow and each second that passed felt like torture. 

 

 

He never saw this coming. 

 

Hell, he didn't even suspect that anything unpleasant might happen to his Jihoon. 

 

 

Those rich chocolate eyes that he always gets lost in. Fair skin and bubbly persona, all of these were now replaced by a dull, unconscious figure.

 

 

Jihoon isn't dead, he thought but the voices at the back of his head were screaming the words 'not yet'. 

He tried to ignore all of his negative thoughts and tried to trail his eyes on the road ahead instead.

Once he saw a familiar institution he immediately felt a new wave of energy.

They were here. They were finally here. Jihoon would finally be okay. 

 

 

It was 10:59 in the evening when Kwon Soonyoung was left staring at the hospital floor. He was left sitting and helplessly waiting for the result of his boyfriend's diagnosis. 

 

He didn't know if it was because of fear or sadness but a montage of memories with his boyfriend started to flood his mind. 

He remembered every single moment that they spent together.

He remembered every kiss that they shared,

every laugh that erupted from his chest,

every movie that they watched together,

every morning that he spent waking up next to him. 

He remembered all of that.

He remembered all of the happy times .

He can't remember any uncongenial memory that they had.

 

That was their flaw. 

Their relationship was too perfect. 

 

 

It was 11:23 in the evening when Soonyoung realized a lot of things. It was also 11:23 in the evening when he started to hate himself.
He started to beat up himself up with questions like:

 

'Why didn't I notice his weird actions?'

'Why didn't I notice him talking to himself?'

'Why did I ignore his unusual movements?'

 

In the midst of questioning himself, doors suddenly opened and caught his attention. The doctor was here. Ready to tell him things that might be the cause of his own death. 

 

 

It was 11:45 in the evening when the doctor approached him. 

He felt his heart beat abnormally fast and it was as if the only thing he felt was fear. He feared that he might lose the person that he loved more than anything. 

 

It was 11:47 when his thoughts were right. When his happiness was no more. When his heart gave out and his mind blanked.

 

 

The love of his life was gone. 

 

 

Soonyoung suddenly felt pain. An incoherent stab of torture. He felt as if every part of his body had gone numb. 

 

 

He was alone. 

 

He was left with no one. 

 

 

Jihoon was gone.

 

 

When he finally found his voice, he spoke up.

"W-wh-what caused his d-death?"

It was Schizophrenia that had killed him. That had taken his life.

He had a mental disorder in which he had trouble when it comes to differentiating fantasy from reality. 

Everything was alright at first. 

But the disorder took over and invaded Jihoon's mind. This caused him to go over the edge. His disorder brought a constant wave of depression, anxiety and nausea. His tight grip on Soonyoung was a sign of him trying to hold on to the thought that everything that they had was real. But when the disorder took its toll on him, he felt as if he was going mad.

 

Crazy hallucinations that involved him and Soonyoung started to affect his system. Unpleasant fantasy was ruining his imperfectly perfect reality. 

 

Then at one point, he couldn't handle it anymore. The figments of his imagination were too much that he reached the point of losing it all. He tried to fight but he got lost at the thought of thinking that be fighting for something that isn't even real. The disorder caused him to let go of it all. To let go of his happiness, his life, his love. 

 

 

To let go of Kwon Soonyoung.

 

 

At 11:59, Soonyoung realised something.

He couldn't live without Jihoon. Without the love of his life by his side.

He would rather die than be without him.

And that's when he wanted something more than he had ever wanted anything in his entire life.

 

 

 

 

And at 12:00, he wanted to end his own life.