bitter coffee & flowers

bitter coffee & flowers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Hyungwon sipped curtly on his daily caffeine. Each winter seemed colder than the last. Hyungwon breathed out a mouthful of hot air and watched the white air rise and disappear into the mid air. He wondered if he was the only one feeling this way. Winter after winter, girls in school were still wearing shorts around. Hyungwon shoved his hands into his pockets, snorting. Like he cared anyway. A gush of cold wind blew past and he nuzzled closer into his winter jacket. He looked around at the students scurrying around the campus with a frown on his face. Noisy, annoying beings. In an attempt to get away from them, he quickened his steps towards the library.

 

He scowled hard when someone unknown banged into him, “Do you even watch where you are running, geez. “ The latter eyed the coffee stain on his own shirt in utter silence. Hyungwon pondered about apologising. It was not exactly his fault. The latter looked up not long later, a big frown hanging on his face. He was .. sad, no other emotions, just plain sad. “I- sorry. I guess, “ Hyungwon gives up, apologising in the end.

 

He watched as the latter shake his head dejectedly and drag himself away, “This was my last clean white blouse .. You owe me a favour.” Hyungwon almost choked as he sipped on his remaining coffee but the latter was long gone before he could open his mouth to object.

 

Hyungwon presumed himself to be favor-free after not meeting the latter for the next few days. Time proved him wrong as he saw the other freezing under a bus stop on his way to school a week later. Being stuck in a traffic jam was normal but this time, for once, Hyungwon had someone to talk to. He swore must have been hypnotised by his own gut feeling when he invited the other into the car. This shall be the favor, yes, i’m not in debt anymore. He learned the latter’s name anyway, and that he was from a different major, and they exchanged numbers. Maybe humans weren’t that bad afterall.

 

It took Hyungwon a few months to realise that Minhyuk was actually a puppy. It became a habit for Minhyuk to take Hyungwon’s car when his bike was down for repair. Hyungwon didn’t really enjoyed a chatterbox disrupting his coffee time but Minhyuk repaid him with more Starbucks so he was not complaining. Hyungwon genuinely enjoys time spent wi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter