녹색 (Green)

사람 (Person)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
녹색

     A stern voice called out, "Nurse Lee?"

     Said woman turned around before bowing in front of the doctor, "Is there something wrong?" He sighed, "I should be asking you that. What are you doing in Ward 24B? You should be in Patient 83's wing by now. He's been getting antsy, and I know you've been working with him to make his DPD better, but I'm sure he has his limits too." 

DPD? She asked herself. What's that? 

     The doctor noticed her spacing out, "Nurse Lee, as time flies by, Patient 83's fear of you not there right now gets worse. Hurry up and head over there." With that he walked out of the room, leaving the girl to her thoughts before looking over at the clock. I guess I should just head over there to find out. 

     Grabbing her clipboard, she excused herself from the room, saying her farewell to the old man in the wheelchair by the window. He remained silent, clutching the tape recorder in his hands closely. He turned his head to look at the now-closed door, "May God save this child." He let out a grunt, moving his wheels closer to the corner of the room to play his recorder; Bach's Bist du bei mir filled the room with an odd sense of comfort.

-

     God. For a hospital with low funds, it has a ton of rooms.  

She stopped in front of a door that read:

PATIENT 83

JUNG JAEHYUN

ADMITTED: MARCH 23RD 1990

ACCESS LOCKED

"Jung Jaehyun?" She muttered, pulling out a card from the pocket of her uniform, "Let's hope he isn't too difficult for me to handle." 

ACCESS UNLOCKED

The door opened smoothly unlike the previous one that had an ear-piercing screech if you tried to open it without enough pressure. Her heels lightly echoed throughout the room, "Jaehyun? I'm here." She continued to call out his name softly, been told by the other nurse that walked out this room with her hand ruffling her frizzy hair in frustration. "Nurse Lee, I recommend speaking gently with the patient. The other nurses, including myself, got frustrated with him and raised our voices a bit." 

     "Why? What happened?... Hye Rin?" She paused for a little at the end to read her name tag, thankfully, Hye Rin didn't notice. 

     "The same old, same old. The guy's cute but gets to be annoying as hell," she patted the younger nurse's back, "Have fun in there, tiger." She chuckled and continued on her way to the elevator. So now, Nurse Lee was in unknown territory with nothing but a clipboard with a pen in one hand and the bottle of pills the patient was supposed to take in the other. 

Switch to 1st Person POV

     I was confused as to why no one else seemed to be in the room. Unsure of what to do, I turned to head towards the door but was met with the chest of a tall male. My eyes flickered up to meet another pair that were boring straight through my soul. He whispered something but I didn't understand what he said. He said it louder making me involuntarily take a step back. Mai Hun-ee? His arms shook as they slowly rose up, stopping for a moment then continuing stepping forward to wrap his arms around my shoulders. I tensed up, him noticing this, loosened his grip. He pulled back with furrowed brows, "Did I do something wrong again?" My brain in a confused mess doesn't think to reply, leaving the male with slumped shoulders, "Oh God... I must've done something? Right?"

    "What?... No, uh, you didn't," I spoke. He shook his head, "No. I did. I did. You're not hugging me back like usual. I did do something wrong. I knew it from the moment the other nurses were telling me how to button my shirt. I didn't do it right. I'm sorry." His eyes started to tear up as he crouched down with his knees close to his chest and head burrowed between them. His shoulders began to shake, but no noise was heard except for a couple of sniffles. Silent Crier. 

    I placed the items in my hands onto the tiled ground. My focus on the crying form in front of me but also the I.D. card hanging around my neck. What the hell have I gotten myself into?

--

It was silent. The girl on the couch sat up, head tilting to the side, "Who are you?..." 

The duo glanced at each other then back at her before one of them burst out into a fit of laughter, "I told you, the dreads would make Tofu not recognize you." He continued to laugh, nearly choking on his noodles as said 'Taeyong' pouted while patting his hair, "I t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter