landing.

round trip

Yixing spends most of the plane ride home gently snoring, but Minseok wakes him up when the stewardess brings around a meal. He cracks open the window halfway to let light in and they eat in silence until Yixing gives him a sleepy smile, handing him a slice of buttered toast.

“How are you feeling?”

“Tired,” he admits, “but not as much as you. You look exhausted.”

Minseok brushes Yixing’s sleep-tossed bangs out of his face, keeping his voice low.

“How was Luhan?”

Minseok chokes a little on his orange juice. Yixing rubs his back until he’s ready to speak.

“Same as five years ago,” he finally replies. “Like nothing changed.”

“Is that good or bad?”

“Hm…both, I guess.”

Yixing hums in response and pushes his eggs around a bit.

“Will you be okay?” He asks after awhile and immediately shoves a french toast stick into his mouth before he can ask, “Will we be okay?”

Minseok reflexively reaches out with a napkin to wipe the crumbs from the edge of Yixing’s mouth, folding the napkin in half once he’s done with it. He turns to look at him again, and Yixing is sitting there with his mouth stuffed with toast, looking tired, hopeful, and just a little ridiculous all at the same time.

Minseok thinks he looks beautiful.

“Yes. I’ll be okay.” He pauses for a beat. “Will you?” He looks down before he can ask, “Will we be okay?”

Yixing laughs, a little too loud (the passenger in front of them turns around and sends him a glare), and answers Minseok with a kiss.


“So, this is it.” Luhan rocks back and forth on his heels, fingers tapping against the door frame.

“This is it,” Minseok affirms, double checking that he has all his suitcases with him. And before Luhan can say something stupid, he cuts him off. “Don’t worry. We’ll be okay.”

Luhan offers a wry smile. “Yeah. I’ll live.”

Minseok nods. “I should go. Yixing is waiting downstairs.”

“Okay,” Luhan says, standing up straighter. “Got all your stuff?”

“Yeah. It’s all here.”

Luhan looks down at his feet as Minseok gathers his things and walks down the hallway, calling out to him at the last minute.

“Wait!” He opens his arms. “Hug? Before you leave?”

Minseok walks all the way back, rolling his eyes. He wraps his arms around Luhan securely and whispers in his ear.

“Goodbye, Luhan.”

Luhan squeezes once before letting go.

“Goodbye for now, Kim Minseok,” he replies, a smile dancing on his lips.


notes:

thank you for reading. <3