SoonHoon

I Want to Match You (to My Heart)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“I heard that he is into singers.” Seungkwan informed, still watching Jihoon.

Of course. What do I expect? He is in the choir group. Soonyoung pouted.

“But hey, you’re not a really bad singer yourself, you know.”

Soonyoung cringed, recalling all those times he had embarrassed himself with his singing in front of Jihoon.

“Don’t start, Seungkwan.”

“No, really, I’m telling the truth. If only you would just stop being a jerk and ask him out, you might get a chance.”

“I’m not a jerk.”

“Sure you are, you’re into Jihoon but treat him like and go around accepting others’ confession. Then what did u do? Come to me and complain! I really don’t get you.”

“I didn’t mean to, okay?”

“Oh, really? You don’t mean to tell him that he is short and he’ll never get a boyfriend because he is so grumpy, right? You don’t mean to ditch him last Sunday too, right? And of course you don’t mean to insult his dancing skill.” Seungkwan spat.

 “Well…”

“Well? I tell you what, Soonyoung. There is only one way to make up for all those things, alright?”

“How?”

“Go to Jihoon, and ask him to go to the dance with you. Let’s go!”

Just like that, Seungkwan dragged Soonyoung towards Jihoon. Then Seungkwan just pushed him forward, crashing onto Jihoon and his book, who looked up at him cutely. Soonyoung cursed Seungkwan who had fled away. Jihoon looked uninterested and got back to his book. Soonyoung sat down beside him.

Okay. I’ll just have to ask him to go to the dance with me. I can do it.

“If you’re not going to talk, I’ll appreciate that you just leave me alone, Kwon Soonyoung.” Jihoon put his book down and looked at Soonyoung. Soonyoung was startled and just stared.

He shouldn’t be this cute. It hurts.

“Or are you going to tell me that a shorty like me shouldn’t be sitting here reading? That I should be working out, playing basketball or something?”

Soonyoung shook his head quickly. “NO!” He cried.

“Well, good. Because that’s what you seem to always tell me to do.”

“I didn’t.” Soonyoung mumbled but Jihoon didn’t hear him. Soonyoung turned to him, grabbed his book.

 

“Lee Jihoon, would you like to be my date for the upcoming dance?”

“Nope. Uninterested.”

“Ohh.. You sure?”

“Yeah. Bye.”

Well, I should have expected that. He hates me.

Soonyoung watched Jihoon walked away. Soonyoung found Seungkwan chatting with Seokmin in the broadcasting room.

“I see that you must have said something stupid again and ended up rejected. As expected.” Seungkwan said to the seemed reckless Soonyoung, Seokmin chuckled beside him.

“I didn’t! But you’re not wrong for the second part.” Soonyoung sighed.

“Oh, Soonyoung hyung.” Seokmin called.

“Why Seokminnie?”

“Do you want to go to the upcoming dance with me? I don’t want to go solo. Well, if you don’t have a date. I meant if you-“

“I would like to, Seokmin-ahh.” Soonyoung answered, missing Seungkwan’s warning face who ended up face palming and shook his head at Soonyoung. Soonyoung just shrugged.

“I will pick you up then, is it okay, hyung?”

“Sure.” Seungkwan just couldn’t believe him.    

 

 

 

Seungkwan got angry and didn’t want to talk to Soonyoung the whole day. Soonyoung also didn’t see Jihoon anywhere.

 

The next day, he found Seungkwan eating with Joshua, Jeonghan and Jihoon. Soonyoung soon leaped to the table and squeezed himself beside Seungkwan.

“Where have you been? Are you still angry? I’ll pay for your lunch.”

“Good, I’ll get more then.” Seungkwan said and got up, leaving Soonyoung beside Jihoon.

“You should diet!” Soonyoung screamed to Seungkwan who flipped him a middle finger.

“Oh, Joshua hyung, Jeonghan hyung, how are you guys?”

“We’re fine, Soonyoung. I see that you made Seungkwan angry again.” Joshua said.

“Aihhh, that diva is always angry with me. What were you guys talking about before?”

It wasn’t that Soonyoung avoiding Jihoon, big no. It wasn’t that he didn’t realize his presence too. He was pretty much aware of Jihoon, who was chewing his bread silently. He was aware of his cute fingers grabbing the bread harder too. He was aware that the said boy hadn’t looked at him once since he sat down.

“He still hates me.” Soonyoung was just not ready to talk to him, he wasn’t ready to say something stupid that will get him further from Jihoon. 

“Oh, we were talking about the upcoming dance.” Jeonghan said.

“Of course I’m taking Jeonghan with me.” Joshua said looking at Jeonghan lovingly. Soonyoung looked at Jihoon who still seemed that he was in the other world.

“But Jihoon here isn’t going to go though.” Jeonghan pouted. Soonyoung was shocked.

“Really?”

Jihoon finished his bread.

“What’s the point of going? I hate the crowd. And not to mention that I can’t dance, my dancing skill .” Soonyoung felt so bad for accidentally insulting Jihoon’s dancing skill. “I didn’t say it though, I told him it was funny.”

“Soonyoung, what about your date?”

“Dd-date? What date?” Soonyoung was startled, he didn’t realize that he had been staring at Jihoon. Jihoon stood up.

“For the upcoming dance duh.”

“I’m going first.” Jihoon walked away.

“Ahh.. Seokmin asked me to go with him.” Soonyoung answered, making sure that Jihoon hear that.

“Ohhh? I thought you wanted to go with Jihoon.” Joshua said. Soonyoung sighed and put his cheek on the table.

“I want to go with him.” Soonyoung said sadly and pouted, looking at Jihoon's back who was was walking away.

“I see that he rejected you again?”

Soonyoung sat straight and looked up at Jeonghan.

“I don’t know why he hates me so much. I just want to be friend with him, hyung, well, maybe a little bit more than friend, but it just never works with him.”

“Jihoon hates everyone, if you haven’t noticed.” Joshua explained.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter