Break: Fast Forward

When The Sun Shines

 

[ THREE WEEKS LATER ]

 

Hyuk has never hated himself more than ever. 

 

Drenched in sweat and blood on his lips, he was breathing heavily as he stared into the darkness with only a solitary bead of light ahead. His body ached from all the blows.

But nothing was more painful than the screaming inside him. 

That psychopath...he thought furiously. 

He had no idea where to go next and it was driving him crazy. 

Shakily, he stood up, but his knees bested him. He fell back to the ground face first, the cement dust contaminating his mouth. He wanted to stand up again, but pain, fatigue, and everything else stopped him. 

I can't stay like this. He has her. 

How he ended up in such a muck, Hyuk didn't want to recall. He didn't want to be where he was now. If there was any way he could've stopped it, he would've done it. The perpetrator was closer than he thought; someone brought it up before -- how could he not see it?

If only she had been honest with me, he thought sadly, If she didn't hide it, this wouldn't happen.

He had never felt so helpless in his entire life. He wanted to get up and fight back, to run after them and get what they took from him. 

He wanted to make them pay.

Hyuk pushed himself up to at least sit. He was in the middle of God knows where; they must've thought they left him for dead.  Physically, he wasn't, but he was dead inside. 

The detective coughed as he struggled to get up. His blurred vision caught sight of his phone -- all broken and unusable. His car was meters away but he didn't have the strength to move himself anywhere. He was stuck in the middle of nowhere without anyone at all. It was obviously a lost cause already. 

He managed to sit up (albeit it was painful), taking deep breaths as he did. The blood from his cheeks dripped on his legs. 

What was he going to do now?

"Sun Hee," he murmured.

 

From where he was, he heard the distinct sound of walking through the fields. Did someone come back for him? 

He spat the blood, rubbing his lips with his sore arms. If someone came back to finish the job, he wouldn't be able to put much of a fight anyway. He could try; he'd rather try than let them salvage him for good. Hyuk forced himself to straighten up, he had to get up. He couldn't let them smother him for good. He wouldn't die without another fight. 

Come at me then.

He looked up, staring at the solitary figure approaching him. The sole light illuminated the approaching man. Was this how death came to him? Like an angel?

Hyuk was about to close his eyes, ready to receive the blow when the tall figure spoke. 

 

"Let's go."

 


 

A/N: I'm also a er for these fast-forward bits. If you've read my SHR fic, you'll notice I put Interludes. In this fic's case, I wrote a break, which shows you a glimpse of the future. :) It's to mess with you, actually. Haha, kidding. But I don't know, maybe?

 

Be back soon. I promise.