inner thoughts

inner thoughts

She knows it’s rude.  She’s certain it’s creepy.  But, just how does one look away from Minatozaki Sana?  Mina can never figure out the answer to that.  And so she continues to stare.  Perhaps she’d be able to ascertain if she looked long enough… thoroughly.

It’s a pity she has to look away.  This is not because of Sana looking at her direction.  It’s because she has to appear properly human.  Oh, society, how amazing you are.  And so Mina diverts her attention, to something, to someone else for a quick hello or small smile.  Precious seconds, how easily it’s stolen from me.

After a reasonable time has passed – a compromise from her consideration and the norm – she would again train her eyes on Sana.

“Why do you keep looking at me like that?”

“Mm?”

“You always stare at me, from across the room, and even when we’re next to each other.”

“I do?”

“Yes, you do.  And you should really refrain from it.”

“Why is that?  Are you creeped out?”

“I feel burdened.”

“How so?”

“Cos you’re gonna be used to how I look, and when you’re used to how I look, naturally, you’re gonna move on and find something new.  I don’t want that.”

“Then you won’t have it.”

“Easy for you to say now.”

“It is.”

“Ooh~ see.  You’re already starting to get indifferent.”

“You read into things too much.  You don’t have to worry about a thing.  So, please just continue with what you’re doing and let me look at you from here.”

“Okay, that’s creepy.”

“Yes, yes.  Now, as you were.  Please?  For me?”

“You are so daft, Myoui Minami.”

“Yes, we’ve long established that.  Yet, here you still are, not letting me watch you go about your thing.”

“Why do you insist on that?  You don’t like it when people stare at you.”

“Not true.  I like it when you stare at me.”

“God! You’re so cheesy!”

“Anything for my dairy-loving princess.”

“Jeez!  Stop it, will you?”

“Only if you get back to what you were doing.”

“Fine.”  Sana sat back down on the kitchen stool and continued with her current art project.  True to her words, Mina fell quiet, her eyes fixed on Sana.

But of course, aware that someone’s watching her, Sana could not concentrate and so dropped her things again to try to talk Mina out of her “hobby”.  She was in for a surprise though.

Like she expected, Mina was staring at her, a smile on her face.  But there was something in her smile that was definitely unique which Sana can’t quite place.

“What’s with that smile?”

Mina didn’t respond.  Instead, she started walking towards Sana.  She stopped right in front of the latter.  “I’ve been debating this for a while.  Borne from my constant ogling of you, and also because of it.  I don’t really know which came first; but that doesn’t really matter.

“Now, knowing you, I know you’d like to choose it yourself.  So, I decided to just get a substitute for now and replace it later.

 

“Sana, will you marry me?”