Final

Glass of Water
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sunlight streamed into the quiet room, small rays seeping into the darkness through the tiny splits that decorated the half closed blinds behind the wide window and illuminated the small particules that swirled around in the air, basking in the spotlight that the morning sun provided them with. They danced on the whistling of the winter wind that unsuccessfully tried breaching into the room, the twin breaths coming out of the only people in the room setting the rhythm to that soothing melody. It was as if the whole world knew of the slumber laid upon the small and cozy room, the wind hushed but melodious, the air warm but light, and the outside world buzzing with life but remaining quiet enough not to disturb the inhabitants between the four sky colored walls.

 

Kyungsoo felt warm under his thick blanket, the air that shrouded his whole body seemed to be sun kissed even if, in the cold season, the ball of light was usually weakened and blurred out by playful clouds. He made sure not to move an inch, not wanting to break the soft barrier that his blanket created and let cold air seep in underneath to embrace his body. It was warm, so cozy, the blanket pulled up until the tip of his nose, his pajamas comfortable and perfect for the weather. Sleep playfully tried calling him back into the magical Land of Dreams from time to time, whispering sweet lullabies into his ears and almost succeeding in pulling his eyelids down a few times. However, Kyungsoo fought it off because nothing that he could encounter in his dreams would be more beautiful and precious than the sight offered to him in the cold and harsh world of reality, right in front of his eyes and less than an inch away from him.

 

The man in front of his eyes might be as beautiful as a warm and soothing dream but he was real, realer than what Kyungsoo had ever seen and he was the only thing he yearned to see behind his closed eyelids, when his body was too tired to keep his eyes open. He was, after all, the sole being who represented all of Kyungsoo’s dreams, his loving ones, his warm ones, his soothing ones, his colorful and nonsensical ones, and his most precious ones. Jongin was the only dream Kyungsoo had ever hoped would be real and even now, as sleep clouded his mind and his eyes opened for a second only to close for five longer ones, he wasn’t sure whether the beautiful creature sharing his bed and his life was part of his imagination or not.

 

The warm skin he could feel against his seemed to tell him Jongin was real and Kyungsoo didn’t need any other proof to know that the man he loved was with him because Jongin had always been with him, in happy times, in sad times, and even when Kyungsoo didn’t want him to be. Even if they were in the middle of Winter, Jongin still refused to sleep with a shirt on, claiming that his own body heat was enough to keep him and Kyungsoo warm throughout the whole season. The latter wasn’t sure whether he felt endeared by the gesture or worried that he might catch a cold any day. 

 

Not that he was complaining, Kyungsoo would never refuse an occasion to see Jongin’s beautifully sculpted body and his warm-colored skin. Which is why he did his best to reject Morpheus’ advances and kept his gaze on no one else but Jongin, loyal to his lover as he had always been. Maybe that was because nothing would ever be more beautiful than Jongin in his eyes, never. 

 

The younger was an accurate representation of Kyunsoo’s most sincere dreams as he laid there, on their shared bed, his eyes closed and his breath even and as soothing as the softest melodies in all those songs Kyungsoo listened to whenever Jongin’s voice wasn’t here to to claim its place as Kyungsoo’s favorite song. Sleep made Jongin look innocent and harmless, as pure as an angel that had accidentally lost its way while playing hide and seek among the clouds and had found himself locked among the human world that was filled with creature that couldn’t even compare to a single one of his feathers. 

 

A peaceful expression rested on Jongin’s face and as he observed each of his features, Kyungsoo found it easier to remain out of sleep and simply lose himself in his lover’s ethereal beauty. His skin was a perfect color, darker than Kyungsoo’s but perfect nonetheless, it stretched evenly over all his features and despite the small imperfections scattered around, the small scars left on his cheek as a memory of puberty and a period during which Kyungsoo had been there to see the changes in Jongin’s already attractive body, it was still the most beautiful thing in his eyes. Half of his face was concealed by the pillow on which Jongin laid his head and Kyungsoo’s heart ached a bit because he wouldn't be able to see the whole of Jongin’s beauty but it didn’t matter, he had a lifetime ahead of him to admire the man he loved. His forehead was half concealed by soft strands of chocolate brown hair that looked as soft as an angel’s feather and were also scattered against the white pillow that rested under his head, giving off the effect of a soft halo. His eyebrows were relaxed and Kyungsoo traced them with his gaze, scared to trail his finger over the straight line as it might wake him up, and the bridge of his nose was high, balancing out the rest of his features evenly and nothing less than adorable as the man scrunched it up slightly from time to time, hopefully not because of bad dreams. His cheek was puffed out a little bit as he breathed through his parted lips and Kyungsoo lingered on them, admiring the plushy texture that he knew fitted perfectly against his own lips. The sight offered to him might look anything but perfect to anyone else but in Kyungsoo’s eyes, all of Jongin’s tiny imperfections and faults came together to form something as perfect as a painting an artist would have worked on for weeks, the result looking nothing less than beautiful.

 

Kyungsoo spent long minutes like that, basking in the warmth offered by his blanket and Jongin’s arms around him. The younger had always been the kind of person who’d cling to the closest source of warmth whenever they’d fall asleep and Kyungsoo never once tried pulling away from his hold, even if he did nothing but complain when the summer heat was too unbearable for Jongin to add his own body heat to it at night. However, right now, Kyungsoo wasn’t complaining at all, he liked feeling Jongin’s leaner body against his, his arms kept Kyungsoo secure against his chest, his skin was warm even through the fabric of Kyungsoo’s pajamas, and their legs were tangled as if the younger wanted to make sure that Kyungsoo wouldn’t escape him while he was sleeping. That was silly because Kyungsoo would never be able to live without Jongin’s warmth.

 

He wasn’t sure how much time passed that way, he didn’t even know if it was still morning or if they were past lunch time but it didn’t matter, he stayed in bed as Jongin kept sleeping, whiling time away by simply admiring his real dream, the man he loved with all his heart. He could have woken Jongin up so they could simply spend the whole morning cuddling together in bed while talking, laughing, and simply loving each other but he was satisfied with merely admiring his sleeping angel. Jongin had an exhausting week anyway, he came home late at night almost everyday for the past few weeks, spending more and more time in the practice room as he needed to prepare for an upcoming showcase. Kyungsoo was lucky enough to always come home at regular hours after his classes so he always made sure to prepare a warm meal to Jongin even if the latter was sometimes too tired to even be able to eat anything, choosing to directly drag Kyungsoo to bed so they could both sleep instead. 

 

Today was Saturday and Jongin would be able to rest the whole day, for the last time before his showcase on Wednesday night. He worked hard for a whole month, practicing everyday, coming home with sore muscles and a headache from continuously listening to the songs he would perform on, and he worked so, so hard, everyday, to make sure that it would be perfect. This showcase would offer him a lot of opportunities, he might be scouted to join an important entertainment company or a dance crew, and Kyungsoo knew that there was no way Jongin wouldn’t be successful with how passionate he was about dancing. He worked so hard and even now, Kyungsoo knew that Jongin was probably practicing in his dreams, seeing his own movements behind his closed eyelids and criticizing himself. Dark bags were shadowing the part under his eyes and exhaustion was still apparent in his handsome features. 

 

In spite of that, as he observed Jongin, Kyungsoo’s chest was filled with warmth, his love for Jongin blossoming in his heart, as pure and beautiful as cherry blossoms that swayed around with the wind and landed on Kyungsoo’s face in the form of a wide and silly smile that he knew was now forming on his lips. Right then and there, he decided that he would do everything he could to cater to the man he loved for today, at least more than he usually did, because Jongin was so kind and so hardworking and he deserved all the love in the world, much more than Kyungsoo could ever give him. 

 

As if Jongin had heard his thoughts, he chose this exact moment to slowly leave his slumber and join Kyungsoo in their little world that was just as perfect as the worlds he dreamed about in his sleep. His eyes slowly fluttered open and Kyungsoo watched as Jongin frowned a bit before blinking once, eyes closing again for three seconds that the elder counted in his head before he blinked once again, eyelashes as beautiful as a butterfly’s colorful wings as they fluttered against his skin. It took the younger a full minute before he could completely open his eyes, his hold tightening around Kyungsoo as the latter felt him inhale deeply before he exhaled slowly, his breath tickling Kyungsoo’s skin. As Jongin’s gaze finally fell on Kyungsoo, the corners of his lips tugged up into the most beautiful smile the elder had ever seen, one whose beauty would never be fully captured even if you took hundreds of pictures of the childlike joy hidden in the curve of Jongin’s lips.

 

"Good morning, sleepy head," Kyungsoo whispered, smiling back at his lover, not wanting to startle him out of his haziness with a louder tone. "You’re finally awake, I thought you left me for someone you met in your dreams."

 

The quiet and low chuckle that reached Kyungsoo’s ears was worth every single penny in this world and much more. "I’d never leave you for anyone, silly," Jongin replied sleepily, bringing Kyungsoo closer to him and pressing a gentle kiss on his forehead, his lips stirring the butterflies in Kyungsoo’s stomach awake. "What time is it?"

 

"I don’t know. A clingy koala has been holding onto me too tightly the whole night for me to even be able to move an inch," Kyungsoo teased the other, smiling up at him.

 

"You love this clingy bear," the younger replied, lips forming an almost natural pout as he huffed and loosened his hold around Kyungsoo, slowly and reluctantly. The emphasis on Jongin’s last word made Kyungsoo chuckle. Jongin had been called a bear by too many people too often and as a result, he refused to be called anything but a bear. It was childish and adorable, the whole definition of Jongin’s being.

 

"I guess I do," Kyungsoo replied, still with a lovesick but teasing smile as his gaze never once left his lover’s face. 

 

"Hyung," came Jongin’s voice, a whine drawing his word out and making Kyungsoo chuckle.

 

However, he chose not to say anything, enjoying the adorable state Jongin was in when freshly woken up, sleepy, clingy, and whiny. Instead, he reluctantly turned away from his lover, pushing his arm out of the warm cocoon that was his blanket so he could reach for the phone that was resting on the nightstand beside the bed. He grabbed the device before burrowing himself back under his blanket and pulling it up over his chin as he lighted up the phone’s screen by pressing on the home button. 

 

He felt Jongin’s arms sneaking around him again as the younger pulled him against his chest to rest his chin on top of Kyungsoo’s head. "It’s almost 11AM," the latter informed the other, brushing the tip of his nose against Jongin’s collarbones as he did so and smiling as the younger’s soft chuckle reached his ears. 

 

"It’s too early to be awake, let’s go back to sleep," he yawned before the sound turned into a whine when Kyungsoo pulled away from his hold and frowned at him.

 

"No way, you’ve been sleeping for almost twelve hours already and I had to spend that time in bed with you since you made me your official teddy bear. I’ll go crazy from boredom if I spend another five minutes in this bed," Kyungsoo complained, voice remaining soft however. He could never raise his voice at Jongin, after all.

 

"Fine," Jongin groaned as he tried pulling Kyungsoo closer to him once again, frowning a bit when the elder made sure not to move even an inch. "We can stay in bed and find entertaining things to do then," he added, lips curling into that devastatingly handsome smile that Kyungsoo had always had a hard time saying no to.

 

However, he had different plans today and even if he had lots of things for Jongin in his mind, it would all happen when they were out of bed and fully clothed.

 

"Nope, I don’t want to. I’m hungry and you probably are too," Kyungsoo simply said, closing his eyes as he stretched his arms over his head and let out a deep sigh. 

 

"I guess I’m a bit hungry," he heard Jongin mumble reluctantly and he laughed, knowing that he was more than just a little hungry. 

 

"Great then, I’ll go prepare breakfast," he concluded before gathering his courage and sitting up. He turned to Jongin when he saw him move from the corner of his eye, resting a hand on his chest to make him lay back down again. "You’re going to stay here."

 

"Why?" Jongin asked, confused. "I’ll help you."

 

"Nope, you’re still tired so I’ll allow you to spend a few more minutes in bed while I get breakfast ready. You can stay here and laze around or just go back to sleep," Kyungsoo said as he stood up, adjusting his pajamas on his body.

 

"Geez, how kind of you to allow me to sleep," Jongin snorted before his gaze trailed over Kyungsoo’s body and he bit his lower lip, probably to conceal a grin. Kyungsoo knew he was wearing the pajamas that Jongin liked the best on him, blue ones with small penguins scattered around. Jongin’s best friend, Sehun had bought them for his birthday as a joke but Kyungsoo chose to wear them because they were incredibly comfortable and really warm. They also made him look adorable, according to Jongin at least. Kyungsoo didn’t really see himself as cute. 

 

After another minute of Jongin whining for Kyungsoo to come back to bed and trying to lure him in with gentle kisses, Kyungsoo finally managed to leave the bedroom to head to the kitchen in spite of the warmth constantly bubbling in his chest and the need to just stay in bed with Jongin all day and simply share each other’s warmth. However, this was Jongin’s day and Kyungsoo had decided that he would cater to his lover for today, more than he usually did, because Jongin deserved all the love in the world and Kyungsoo was willing to give it to him.

 

It didn’t take him a long time to prepare breakfast and less than half an hour later, Kyungsoo came back to the bedroom, holding a tray that contained scrambled eggs, a bowl of rice, two glasses of orange juice, strawberry jam, slices of bread that had been carefully grilled until they were a beautiful golden color, and many other things, including all the love Kyungsoo could pour into it. Jongin was not a picky eater and he liked mixing all sorts of things, having a sweet tooth one day only to crave something spicy the next morning. Kyungsoo often scolded him for mixing all kinds of food into a single meal since he would often get small stomachaches but just for today, he was willing to prepare exactly what he disliked for Jongin. 

 

And the latter was nothing less that surprised at the sight.

 

"You prepared all of that?" the younger asked, voice husky with sleep. He had probably fallen asleep again after Kyungsoo had left him. 

 

"It’s not much," Kyungsoo shrugged as he motioned for Jongin to sit up before he placed the wide tray on his stretched out legs. 

 

"We’re eating in bed?" he asked, looking at the elder with confused and surprised eyes, making Kyungsoo chuckle a bit at the sight before he nodded. "What’s happening? Are you gonna ask me to do something in exchange? You’re never that nice and understanding," the younger narrowed his eyes, looking at the other suspiciously.

 

"Are you saying I’m never nice and understanding?" Kyungsoo frowned instantly and had it been anyone else, they would have already apologized and taken their words back but Jongin had been with Kyungsoo for years and the latter’s usually scary expressions never worked on him. Because he knew Kyungsoo rarely ever got actually angry at him.

 

"Well, not nice and understanding enough for you to let me eat in bed at least," he replied, giving Kyungsoo the smile that he knew would make the latter melt away before leaning to peck his lips, careful as not to spill anything on the tray. "Besides that, you’re the nicest person ever. Only with me, I guess," he added as an afterthought, making Kyungsoo drop the frown and chuckle softly.

 

"That’s true," he nodded before shrugging. "I don’t know, I just decided that today, I’d take care of you and allow you to do things you usually whine about."

 

"Really?" Jongin raised a brow before a teasing grin slowly stretched on his lips. "Are you like my personal slave today, then?"

 

"You better not exaggerate if you don’t want to be the one turned into a personal slave who’s going to clean the whole house later," Kyungsoo deadpanned.

 

"I was kidding!" Jongin immediately took his words back before looking down at the tray more properly. "You really are doing an effort," Jongin commented as he took in the breakfast prepared with the sole theme of his own taste. "Thanks," he then smiled at Kyungsoo, basking in the attention that would be given to him and already looking happier than he had been for the past weeks.

 

Kyungsoo simply shook his head with a smile, dismissing Jongin’s words before grabbing his chopsticks and catching a few grains of rice from the bowl. He carefully brought the food to Jongin who parted his lips naturally and let Kyungsoo feed him the first bite, lips still curled into the smile that always seemed to blow away the clouds in Kyungsoo’s mind whenever he was not feeling well, shining as bright as the sun and warming up Kyungsoo’s chest even in the harshest of Winters.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"You know, if I were someone else, I’d find you really threatening with a razor in your hand."

 

Kyungsoo simply rolled his eyes at Jongin’s words, hand pulling at the drawer under the sink to grab for the bottle of shaving cream.

 

"Your name isn’t Chanyeol and you’re not stupid, no need to feel threatened," he replied, lips curving into an amused smile.

 

"You remember that time, right?" Jongin asked, words too loud as he burst into laughter, standing right next to Kyungsoo. "We were at a party and the morning after, you were chasing Chanyeol around his house with a razor in your hand because he had drawn on your face while you were asleep and you only noticed it when you went to the bathroom."

 

"Of course, I remember," Kyungsoo chuckled softly, amused by that very precious memory. "It was stupid of him to be scared because I wouldn’t even be able to actually hurt him that much with a disposable razor."

 

"He once told me he was sure you’d be able to make a lethal weapon out of everything," Jongin said with a very serious face before bursting into laughter again, Kyungsoo automatically joining in because hearing that happy sound coming from h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter