RAINING

When It Rain
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

    Jung Wooseok ran as fast as he could with both of his long legs and using his bag as a shield to keep his head from getting wet by the rain. It was his unlucky day, he guessed. When he was on his way to his favorite cafe, the rain suddenly poured, without any warning and he had no umbrella in his hand. His uniform was already drenched by the sudden heavy rain, which had made him trembled a bit, but it was nothing for him. He loved rain as much as he loves his video games. Even when the little droplets of rain gently hits his face, he smiled.

  He really loved the feeling of being in rain.

  The smell came from the wet road and grasses, and the rain sound against roof. Everything was pretty amusing, making him felt enthusiastic for no reason. 

  He used to tell his friends about this feeling, but none of them understand. Some of them even asked him- why did he liked rain so much?

 Wooseok had no answer for that. Maybe, he was just tend to love it, and he did not need any solid reason for that.

  Rain somehow gave him such a strange warmness and calmness in his head. The feeling of comfort.

  His eyes automatically lit up when he saw the cafe, the one that he called his favorite cafe because of its name- The Jung's Café. There was something special about that cafe that made him loved it dearly, that he wouldn't look for any cafe other than that one. The owner was the one and only Mrs. Jung, his only mother.

  Yes, the cafe belongs to his family.

  With water droplets were dripping from his uniform, hair and bag, he stepped into the cafe that had 'CLOSED' sign on the glass door. He tried his best not to make any sound, or maybe even a single movement that could bring him to death, but he was too late.

 "Wooseok.."

 He froze. ! He mentally slapped himself for being caught alive. A sly grin slowly creeped on his face when he saw his mother glared him with the blades of death. "Oh, eomma you're here?" he stupidly asked.

  "How many times do I have to tell you young man? Don't walk under the rain no matter how much you love it." She scolded, moving her left hand up and down while her right hand was already on her waist. It was clearly shown that she was mad. "I've told you. If it's raining, call me or your sister. We can fetch you. You know yourself can easily catch fever?......"

  Wooseok sighed. It was a very very very long nag.

 

🌂 🌂 🌂

 

  Unfortunately, she was right. An hour after the nag, the cafe had started its operation, but Wooseok couldn not make himself useful. He started to sneeze non-stop and found himself in a quite high temperature. He was usually the main waiter, had to stop his job for a while because of his feverish body.

  His mother had asked him to stay in the room and rest but him with his stubbornness, he insisted to stay in the cafe. As a deal, he would not do anything other than sitting down, and watch everyone doing his job. He even made his own coffee latte, secretly without his mother's knowledge.

  Stuffing the earphone inside his ears, he the music before heading to the corner of the cafe, the one that was next to a glass window- his favorite spot. 

  He sat as he put down his mug of warm latte on the table. His head had slowly aching and the temperature had slowly getting lower. Probably because of his feverish body, everything seemed to be really uncomfortable for him. He gently wrapped his arm around his body and leaned his head against the window.

  A small smile slowly carved on his lips. He could see the water droplets raced against the glass he was leaning. He remember still, once he was a kid, he used to have this kind of imagination where the droplets were alive and always raced to see which one would reach the end first, but it was all during his naive and innocent era. Now that he was 18 already, he honestly had those imagination still- despite how old he was. Then, he saw people were running away, saving themselves from being wet by the rain. Those people in suits, he wondered how important those papers inside their arm. He saw them, by the street, protecting bunch of papers in their arm as if their life were depending on it. He was curious. Will he be like that one day? 

  The rain had stopped. The beautiful sight had came again, giving him such a pretty amusing picture to be seen. It somehow had cleared his miserable head for a while. When the water droplets dripped from trees, when the roads started to filled with people once again, everything was never a boring thing to stare. The refreshing smell after the rain had beaten the strong aroma of his latte, and he inhaled it, fully enjoying everything despite the uncomfortable feeling that came from his hot body.

  He then turned to the mug of hot latte in front of him before letting a small sigh. The aroma and te soothing music had made his head at ease again. These few weeks, he didn't even have time to relax. As the sc

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter