The end

Autobiography of an unknown Boy

Taekwoon took out his stolen phone from a drawer and looked at the number written on the file. It seemed the stolen phone could come to a use this time.

  "How are you Hakyeon?" 

  "Fine, taekwoonie. What about you?" 

  "You don’t seem like it." 

  "You are right…. I’m not happy…..I’m really troubled now Taekwoonie…" 

  "Why?" 

  "My wife, her condition worsened a lot. I wanted to get her admitted into a hospital last night, but she didn’t agree. She told me that she wants to spend her last days in her own house." 

  "Is she sure that its her last days?" 

  "Even if she isn’t, I’m sure."

  "Why? Lucifer told you?" 

  "Not me. He told father." 

  "Coffee?" 

  "No…" 

  "You should. Because I want to. We should talk as much as we can today… I feel as if we wont meet ever again." 

  "Why? I’d always comeby Taekwoon-ah…" 

  "We wont because there won’t be any reason to. I solved this Satan Lucifer story. After knowing the answer, I do not feel as if you will ever come here." 

  "Already?" 

  "You sound disappointed." 

  "Already finished my whole file?" 

  "No… Only till 3rd chapter.

 " There are two more… won’t you read them."

 " No.."

 " Why ”no”?"

 " You wrote the whole story only to confuse me. The more I read it, the more confused I get. Just like Lucifer you also mixed lies with the truth. Hid many important information while described the most useless ones with such details."

Hakyeon kept quiet for some time, then finally starting in a tone that is barely above whisper," Just tell me what you have solved."

Takwoon laid back on his sofa –" well you yourself have already solved it, haven’t you? "

 " Yes…"

 " Then why come to me?" 

  "For confirmation…. I don’t have the trust on my intelligence as much as you have on your own." 

  Taekwoon casually stood up, stretching his back – "I’ll bring the coffee. Then let’s talk." 

  Hakyeon tagged onto his clothes to prevent him from leaving - "If you drink coffee now, then you will smoke in a matter of time as well. I’m not in a mode to inhale smoke now. Now quietly sit down and reply." 

Taekwoon sat down on his previous seat.

  "You can change your voice right?" 

  "Yes…" - Hakyeon replied in a calm tone.

  "Your sister, she used to live with you in your room. But after she grew up into a teen, she had to move to a different room. So you started to change your voice and talked to her. As Lucifer." 

  "Hmm…. I got really mad when she started living away from me. So what she was growing up… she was my little sister. Tch… So I started to scare her, so she gets scared and started to live with me again." 

  "You talked to your father using that tone as well." 

  "Yes." 

  "You wanted to scare him?" 

  "Yes… It was needed." 

  "You gave a fake description of your mother’s death. You wrote Ethane died by falling from the same spot as your mother, but your mother didn’t die in that house." 

  "It’s true that not in the house, but she did die by falling from a terrace." 

  "Your old electricity bills, I skimmed through them. I found a fascinating info from them. You weren’t in that house for 5 whole months." 

  "You are trying to point that we went out to deliver Ethane’s child into this world. But clearly wrote that in the autopsy she did not have any child in her womb." 

Taekwoon sighed –" can’t it be possible that in those five months you were hiding? That child was brought into this world, but you had sent him for adoption…"

 " Taekwoonie, you wanted to drink coffee, go ahead. Tell Wonshik to make it."

 " I didn’t keep him home today, I didn’t want him to hear our conversation. I have an acquaintance named Han Sanghyuk. I left him at his place, he will stay there whole day, they can watch anime. I will have to make the coffee myself. You?"

 " Yes, make one for me as well."

Taekwoon entered the room with two mugs filled with coffee. He saw Hakyeon’s back tremble a little. He wore a white button up shirt with long sleeves, with white jeans. His shirt was damp at some places, sweating even after sitting in a room where the AC was running fine. He walked forward to hand him his cup, his eyes was red, tears clinging onto his long eyelashes were the proof of him crying. A silent cry..

  "You can lit the cigarette if you like to.." 

Taekwoon didn’t, rather he took a sip from his cup.

  "Finish your talking." 

  "The call from a lady and a man to the police station about your father killing Ethane, seems really mysterious. I went to your old house, there are a lot of trees and branches around it, hiding the house perfectly. It’s quite amazing how someone saw your father from an apartment from far. Over that, she even mentioned the color of your father’s dress, yellow, something that she saw in the dusk, through the branches and leaves of trees. Did your father wore yellow dress that day?"

 " Yes."

Taekwoon took a long sip from his cup, eyes locked into Hakyeon’s.

 " I believe that those two calls were made by you. One using a lady’s voice and the next one was your own."

 " Why would I call?" – Hakyeon was appalled but Taekwoon also knew, he was a great actor by then. And his eyes were really expressive.

  "2 reasons, So that your father don’t doubt you, another is so your father believe that it was done by Lucifer. Lucifer took your father’s form and pushed her off from the terrace." 

  "So you believe that I had pushed Ethane from the terrace?" 

  "I’m certain about that." 

  'Every killer has a motive. Then what is mine?"

 " If I tell you the whole story in another way then you will understand. Shall I?"

 " Please do. But I have another question. You think I am a Horrifying murderer. Almost close to Satan Lucifer. If so, then why would I come to you for help? Why would I need you?"

  " Can I reply to the second question later? First let me turn the story upside down, shall I?"

  " I’m listening."

  " You have written that your sister had died just the way your mother had. So, it’s obvious that you killed your own mother, by the same tactic, pushing her of the edge. Why? That I dunno. I’m not clear on that part but, I think your father had some doubt about your mother’s death. And to get rid of that doubt you used the presence of Lucifer. Do you want another cup of coffee? It seems your one is already finished."

  " No "– His voice trembled.

  " Want me to stop?"

  " Can’t you just keep on saying whatever you are saying? Why do you ask these useless questions?"

Taekwoon continued –" I’m going to bring upon a few changes, hope that don’t affect you that much. But doing this will, clear up this mess a little. Ethane really did get pregnant. But the child was not aborted. The five months, that was the time when he saw the light of this world. Then you had sent him away for adoption. Surely Ethane was against that idea. Your father was blind about this whole process. But she wanted your father to know, she wanted that child to be with her. And you felt the need to keep her quiet. She was no less stubborn than you, and it was natural that she would do what she had once uttered. Even after making her understand that situation many times, you couldn’t trust her. Could you now? Am I right?"

  "  Go on."

 " I read three whole chapter. You have never mentioned your wife anywhere. I know very little… well nothing about her. Except that she is sick. I don’t know because you do not want me to know. What’s her illness?"

  " The doctors can’t tell. I showed her to the doctors of both within country and abroad. At first there were a few symptoms of cancer. But now it doesn’t seem like it. As days go by, she becomes even weaker. Can’t eat anything, can’t digest."

  " She’s losing hair? 

Hakyeon’s eyes widened and he parted his lips a little, before shutting it again. Taking a deep breath he replied – yes.

   "There’s a thing called Heavy metal poisoning. If you mix a little amount of heavy metal in water like Arsenic, Antimony or Lead, then it will start to affect the victim’s body in such a way that even the doctors wouldn’t be able to catch what it is. It starts with the hair fall. This easy idea of killing someone using heavy metal poisoning can only be formed in the head of a chemist. Understand?"

 " Understood…"

 " The thought of erasing this lady from this world had come upon you because you fear that she will know all about you. You wanted to protect your child. The one that you loved even more than your sister. Uh…. One thing! You wrote a lot about the tutor, Park Hyoshin, his touch, you enjoying it and other …. Your sister loved him, right?"

  " Yes…."

  " And you wanted me to think that he was the father of the child of your sister?"

 " Yes….."

" Then you shouldn’t have written description about her skin that much. You didn’t enjoy his touch, you liked his slick movement. How his hands moved, but yes you did enjoy your sister’s quiver at his touch though. But that also brought fear upon your thoughts. You wanted to be her first, you had desired to have her for so long but she only grew distant, even separating her room. That is why you called her Binnie.. to forget that she was your own sister. You are the father of her child, correct?"

  " Yes…"

" Now, shall I reply why you came to me?"

  " I’m waiting."

" Serial killers are really egoistic. They grow to believe that nobody have the ability to notice their crime. They love to play mind games. They find massive pleasure in seeing the opponent lose. You came here to play mind games with me. There’s another reason though, you needed a good place for your child. You have noticed that I always used “He” whenever I mentioned your child right? It could be a she, but you didn’t protest. So Hakyeon-ah, isn’t Wonshik your son?"

  " Yes…"

  " The letter that you wrote in your file, it’s not written by Ethane. It’s written by you. You killed your sister, but you felt the guilt of killing your own child’s mother. That is why, you tried to be his mother and father. He calls you umma… however it seems you failed to become the father. And yes, Ethane studied in literal arts, I don’t think she knew what Formaldehyde does with water. I don’t think I could have solved it if the letter was missing in that file."

Hakyeon dissolved into heavy sobs, his frame shaking uncontrollably. Taekwoon again continued,

 " Let me tell you a few lines of Shakespeare. I believe you know these lines

  -And my ending is despair

  Unless I be relieved by prayer,

  As you from crimes would pardoned be,"

Hakyeon wiped the tears with the back of his palm – "But release me from my bands

                                                                                             With the help of your good hands."

   "What do you think about confessing to the cops? "– he whispered softly, a cozy warmth in his tone.

   "If you tell me to then I will."

    "What you want to do is up to you. I don’t advise anyone. Ah! One thing though! You said that you will let me meet your father. He is a great noble man. I want to meet him. Do you know what a noble man does? When he touches someone with his hand he consumes all his darkness within himself. Amazing right?"

Hakyeon kept quiet and stared at him for a while. He bit his lip before parting it a little.

   "Taekwoon-ah…..Can I, before I leave, for once feel the touch of your hand?"

Taekwoon didn’t say anything, he got up and stood before the rocking chair, looking at Hakyeon with an icy stare. Hakyeon didn’t look up.

No words left Taekwoon’s mouth. But he offered his hand to take the other ones in his.

 

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++

HOPE it was not that bad. Hate it or like it, Please do leave a comment.... I wanna know what is wrong with it ..... And if you like it then maybe a vote?  (///^///) either way THANKS ALOT!!!!