I Got You

Fallen

It has been six months since they were married.

Six months since Ms.Lee have officially become Mrs.Kim.

Six months.Miraculously(?) and gladly there has been quite a progress in their relationship.

The word 'marriage' has never come across Lee Chaerin's mind.Not even once.

Not when she got caught up with her busy worklife.

Not when she fails miserably in initiating a normal conversation.

And not when she somehow develops a spark of fear towards opposite gender.

And that's the main reason she is still single at the age of 23.

Until one day her beloved uncle suggest her a marriage.To be exact,an arranged marriage in which brings up suprise to Chaerin.As she HATES suprise.

Of course;being Chaerin,she strongly against the idea of his uncle of helping her to get into a relationship.Not because herself is helplessly awkward in this matter but the thought of involving others life;his life to be bound with hers in a vow of marriage brings guilt to her.In which it means the husband-to-be are tied with her;and that surely restrict himself in search of his true love;yet Chaerin are fully aware that the idea of she fall in love seems unrealistic,irrelevant and kinda impossible.

Lee Chaerin is not like any other girls that dreams of happily ever after like.In fact,she hates fairytales.To her fairytales' endings are illogical and bull,a piece of crap to create false hope in children that there will be always happily ever after.She prefers realism,honesty as reality is not that sweet-life-of.

Different from the bride,the groom;Kim Seokjin believes that life is beautiful.And fairytales are meant to instill optimism since child;that even when life hit you hard,it always promise a happiness as the sayings: there is a silver lining behinds a cloud.

Suprisingly,Seokjin and Chaerin agreed to the marriage but of course on different grasp.

While Seokjin thought of 'Why don't we give it a try?We could learn from each other',Chaerin's are 'I don't really care.Maybe this will work out.Who knows?'.

And so here we are.

*

That morning is your turn to prepare the breakfast.In which you fight for the kitchen(LOL) with Jin.Jin being a gentleman as always ended up giving in but not without a deal you both agreed on.Jin will be cooking for 3 days in a week if he's home(not busy with his concerts and tours) and the rest are yours;in which you happily to accept the offer.

Today you prepare the pancake with honey sauce on top of it,complemented by the strawberries.Aside of banana milkshake as the beverage for today's start.Satisfied with the simple breakfast you prepared,you called for Seokjin to join you in the morning.

Not long after,Jin went downstairs with his oversize pink hoodies and shorts on;along with his sleepy(barely open) eyes.Rubbing his eyes like a kid,a few yawn slipped out from his plump lips.

Staring at the sight of him,you can't help yourself but to giggles at his natural childlike.You yourself can't deny that it is so cute(no wonder his fans adore him so much).Seeing him like this causing you to chuckle too as a warm,strange feeling embrace your cold heart.

"Yah!Have you watch your face?",you ask wearing your biggest grin on your face.

"Mhm-yea-woah!Is that pancake with honey sauce?And strawberries?Oh My God!Are you a witch?I have been craving for these!?How did you know?",he cries enthusiastically as he rush toward the kitchen counter,eyes wide open upon the sight of the food you prepared.

Laughing slightly,you push his plate in front of him;gesturing Jin to eat.

'Thank you for the food', is all he mouthed before digging into the breakfast.

*

Have you ever heard that a good morning leads to a good day?No? Well then,it is for the couple.

Jin and Chaerin indeed enjoy each others' company.

Unfortunately,their time spent together was disturbed by an urgent call from Chaerin's workplace;in need of her to fly off to States for an important business.

Smiling apologetically to Jin,Chaerin in hurry run to her closet,light-packing(and she's worst at it) for the scheduled plane soon.She almost cried in frustation as she fails to fills her belonging efficiently in the limited space of the luggage.Watching from the edge of the bed,Jin quickly rush towards her side,smiling sweetly to assure her that she will make it to the airport in time.Gently,Jin rubs Chaerin's shoulder to soothe her down while his other hand skillfully rearranged her belongings;and TARAA!Her belongings fit perfectly in the luggage.

Feeling relieved,Chaerin pulls Seokjin into a bear hug(for the first time);expressing her gratefulness for his help.Jin was fidgeted at first but instantly return her affection and a sincere smile.

-Incheon International Airport-

Jin sent you off at the departure gate;after wishing you a 'Good luck,Jagi!' accompanied by a hug.And a peck on your forehead(which get you all blushed).

Waving from the lounge,you somehow felt uneasy and sad(?) as he waves you back before disappearing from the crowds.

Pressing your chest,you comfort yourself;saying 'It's all are going to be okay'

*

Or so you thought.

Your second day in States.Today are the day you are going to represent your company for a conference.Your palms sweating profusely as nervousness empowers your body.

Until your cellphone receive a message;from Jin.

Chaerinnie Jagi-ah!

Hwaiting!Slay it! >◇ <

XOXO Your super supportive husband,Jin.

You can't help but to laugh at his cringy message and his dorkiness when he inappropriately use your favourite word:slay.But you didn't care less as you replied him back with a thank you message for his support.

*

And so you are currently in front of thousand audiences,delivering your points on the conference's purpose.You gain your composure and smile in confidence;persuading the audiences and medias onto what your company's have done.

Your presentation went well when there's sudden outburst from your co-worker,running towards you with his hand clenching his cellphone.His sudden appearance on the stage shocked the crowd and you as well.His face is pale when he whispers to you the reason of his sudden action:"Chaerin,your mother-in-law is critical in the hospital".Hearing that,the microphone you hold slip off your hands as your knees went weak,landing on the ground.Eyes widen,you cover your mouth before running down the stage,bowing to your co-workers before rushing out to fetch a taxi and went straight back to your hotel.In two hour,you are now on a plane heading back to South Korea after you managed to get yourself a walk-in ticket.

Averting your teary gaze to the astonishing view of sky beside you;you silently prays that your mother-in-law who you look as your own mother(after your parents died in an accident 7 years ago) will be alright.And that she can pull through the hard time.Time between life and death.

*

She run in despair, under the rain.

Ignoring shouts of her names from behind.Tears cascades down her flushed cheek along with the heavy downpour,successfully disguise her current emotional breakdown.

Reaching the end point,she breathes in forcefully to catch her own breath and take a second to refrain her weak knees from falling.Leaning on a wall of the nearest building,she panting hard after the short run,exhausted from her heavy drenched khaki trenchcoat along with the tight feeling around her chest.Sorrow.

Snapping back to reality,she begin to run back onto her prior purpose of why she is in rush currently in the first place.

Seokjin.Kim Seokjin needs me.

*

Upon stepping your feet on the cold cement of the hospital floor,you are greeted by the horrific sight.

There are a crowd of people at the hallway,all wearing that worried look.Scanning the situation,you realised a few familiar faces of Seokjin's relatives.You nod your head in respect to a few of them,eyes desperately roaming in search of him.

Where on earth is he?!

You clutch your chest hardly,trying hard to regain your breathing normal after the harsh run.Out of nowhere,you heard a familiar voice calling out your name.

"Chaerin noona!Jin-hyung is in the waiting room",Jungkook pat on your shoulder,smiling weakly to you.

"Oh Jungkook thank God you found me!I have been searching for him",you answer gratefully.

"But-noona don't you need to change first?",Jungkook ask carefully,not intending to offend you in any way.

You smile on his concern.Ruffling his hair,you replied almost inaudible to his hearing,"That's not our real concern here,your hyung and his-our mother is the only thing that matters right now".

And with that you dragged your heavy feet to the waiting room.Your eyes instantly gleamed as it land on Seokjin's fragile figure,slumping soullessly on the chair at the corner of the room.He have got himself eyebags under his eyes,his plump lips chapped and pale;just a sight of him like this-made you feel stabbed straight to your heart.

Your presence then realised by the Bangtan members,Namjoon nod to you before signalling the others to leave both of you alone.

Slowly you tiptoed towards his back;your hands curled into fists-mustering up your strength to approach him.

Gently,you snake your hands on his shoulder,pulling his neck into your embrace while you standing;backhugging him.

He flinch by the sudden cold touch from yours.Quickly you take off your wet trenchcoat;leaving yourself only in your damp,long blue blouse.The air-conditioned room hit you right to your spine,causing you to shiver.

Ignoring yourself,you tighten your hug onto Jin's-as he is crying like a child in your embrace.He let out all his overwhelming feelings hidden in himself;worry,fear,sad and much more ahead.

Correcting your composure,you now sit beside him;cradling him in your arms as he become a sobbing mess in your warm embrace.

10 minutes passed,his tears eventually subside as he fall asleep in your cuddle.You comb his dishelved hair back using your fingers;and couldn't help yourself from smiling a little at the sight of him dozing off peacefully on your lap.

4 hours past...

And there are still no news on the surgery your mother-in law;to be exact.

Seokjin's hair unconsciously,you feel your nervous grow when a surgeon come out of the surgery room.

The young surgeon wearing an unreadable expression on his face;approaching the both of you.

Instinctively,you put your palms covering Jin's ears;Be prepared for the worst,you thought to yourself.

The doctors' words fazed you,fade and faint from your hearing slowly before everything in your vision turns black.

*

I wake up in the morning only to be greeted by a jealous ray of sunshine peeking through the curtain.

Wait?Am I at home already?!

I feel my head heavy;must be because of the rain and cold.Frowning to myself,I try hard to get off from the bed when I realised a pair of arms around my waist.

As he could sense my confusion,Jin pull me over the bed;so now I'm lying beside him in a spooning position.My neck resting on his arms,before he pull me closer that I literally breath on his chest.Darn it.I could feel my face heated and my heart pumping at an abnormally fast rate.He feel so warm...and safe somehow.

"Morning princess~",his hoarse,croaked voice breaking the silence in the bedroom.

"Morning",I reply briefly.

He snuggles into my hair like a kid sniffing their favourite plushie,"I miss you",he said.

I could feel the blood vessels in my face was about to explode upon hearing his remark.Trying to keep my voice and face expression as calm as possible,I tilt my head upward,facing him.He smiled as we made eye contact before quickly told me the good news,"Eomma is fine.She is resting right now.You should rest too.You have caught yourself a cold and a fever,Jagi~What did I told you about wearing wet clothes dear?See what have you gotten yourself into",he nags onto me.

I chuckled lightly before coughing a few times.Gently,he pat on my back and drawing circles on them;soothing me down.

"You are the one on blame.I am sick because of you",I jokingly said before snuggling closer to him.

"I know.....and I am sorry Jagi...I will be responsible for my action",his voice lacing in guilt.

"Hey I'm just kidding.But still I am mad to you...not because of that"

"Wae?Did I do another thing wrong Jagi?!Jagi tell me please~And I'm sorry okay",his words rushed out of his mouth like a bullet train.

I playfully beat his chest,urging him to stop.

"Yes you should be sorry and responsible Kim Seokjin.I have fallen for you handsome dork", I answered with my burning cheeks before I hid my face into his embrace.Hands protectively on guard covering my red tomato face.

There are a sudden silence between us when unexpectedly I could hear he giggling giddily like a teenage girl saw her crush;he tighten his grip around me,mumbling "I love you too Jagiya,but it is not fair!How can you be so cute?",he keep on teasing me.

"Shut up handsome dork.I love you too.Now stay here and cuddle with me.This is your punishment",I answered him back before I feel his lips pecked on my forehead.

"If that's the punishment,I would do it for the rest of my life.It's my pleasure",Seokjin replied in excitement.

***

And cheers for the rest of the day filled with cuddles.