Probably

Probably
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

How they ended up roomates, neither knew. Why they couldn't get along, neither knew that either. What they do know, though, and probably the only thing, is that cat and dog hybrids, on any occasion, are not suppose to be kept or roomed together. 

There's a very simple system that runs in their school. Cat hybrids on one side, dog hybrids on the other. Simple. 

But, here they are, standing in the middle of their new home facing each other with an uncomfortable expression. 

"Uh, I'm pretty sure this is supposed to be my room," Jackson goes to say, his hand lifting up to jingle his set of key, "You know, a dog hybrid's room." 

Jaebum rolls his eyes, ears twitching in an irritated manner, "No," he says rather firmly, "This is my room. My key works on the lock and plus, I got here first." 

Jackson almost throws himself against the wall. Is this feline serious? Jackson couldn't believe his own ears. Did this cat seriously just pulled the most childish card ever?

I got here first. 

Those 4 words ring loudly in his ears like pots and pans clanging together, similiar to how his mother used to wake him up before he moved here.

My key works on the lock.

Did Jackson's key not then? 'Cause he certaintly did not remember climbing in through the windows. 

Composing himself, Jackson offers a smile, deciding that maybe the other will leave if he plays friendly and act like the approachable pup he's supposed to be. 

"Maybe there's a mix up. Shall we go check and clear up this mess?" 

Jaebum scoffs, tossing his thing on the right side----the side Jackson would've preferably chosen to be his--- of the room and plops down on the bed. 

"You can do that. I'm staying." 

Jackson's speechless. He's left standing there, frozen with his own set of key dangling stupidly from his hand.

His friends would say Jackson's a pushover, but he would beg to differ. Jackson just doesn't want to concern himself with too much problems and is just simply an easy going person. He cares about people's opinion, always wanting to satisfy them so yeah, he'd do anything for anyone. People please-er, Jackson Wang, yeah, that's it.  

So, why can't Jackson shake off that odd feeling as he's making his way down to the office downstairs in the dorm building, alone. Here he is, walking to the office, alone, to fix his shared room problem. It's a problem that concerns two people, so naturally, the roomate should to be there, too. But, Jackson's by himself, alone, solely fixing their shared problem. Did I mention alone?

Yeah, definitely not a pushover, Jackson.

"Hi," Jackson says, sighing as he slides his key room to the person upfront, "There seems to be a mix up? I'm supposed to have a dog hybrid roomate but instead, I got a cat----"

A very irritating one, if I might add, Jackson growls in his head, before continuing,

"His keys work on the lock also so is there any way you could transfer me to the right section?" 

Instead of an easy "Yeah, sure, kid, I'll set you up.", Jackson is greeted with an annoyed sigh along with an unimpressed expression. 

"Sorry, can't." 

Jackson blinks, then waits for the other to continue but no explanation comes, just silence and a still unimpressed face. 

"Okay, can I ask why?" Jackson tries, heart hammering as he realizes what his fate may be. 

The other shrugs, sliding Jackson's key back, "Everything's full and we can't cram 3 cat hybrids in one room, nevertheless dog hybrids." 

Should Jackson be offended? This man just insulted him and yet all he can do is blink and stare back. It's probably the shock that's settling on him. Yeah, probably that.

"Look, kid, I'm not the one who puts together the roomate list, alright? Plus, it's too late to do anything now. You either withdrawl from residence and move out or you stay and put up with your new feline friend."

Jackson squints back, "But that's against the rules," he retorts, "Dog and cat hybrids are supposed to be kept seperated, are we not?"

"You tell me kid. I'm human." the guy deadpans. 

Jackson blinks, flabbergasted, "It-It'll be a problem if something bad happens. He--He---He could like shred all over the place or like rub his scent all over my things. Cats have that oil thing on their heads, right? That'd be a problem." 

While Jackson lists out his reasons why this is a bad idea, the other guy watches on, unimpressed still and if not, growing more inattentive by the minute. 

"Oh, what a tragedy. You hybrids and your first world problems. Like I said, don't like it, then withdrawl." 

Jackson freezes at his words, jaw going slack. The other his eyebrows at him and Jackson pouts, grabbing his key and turning on his heels. 

"Good luck, pup!" he hears the guy yells after him. 

Jackson huffs, storming back up at his room with a very deep pout. He flings his door open, his feline roomate springing up from his bed and turning to give him a look. Jackson fights back a growl and goes to his, unchosen, left side of the room. He grabs his bag from the floor and flings it onto his bed before taking out his clothes. 

"So, what'd they say?"

It takes everything in Jackson to swallow down a snarky comeback. Instead, he takes a deep breath and turns to face his now official roomate. 

"Everything's full. They can't do anything." he smiles tightly, grasping onto the last sliver of sanity in himself. 

Jaebum rolls his eyes, "Of course. Trust a dog hybrid to never get anything done."

At this, Jackson snaps, hands balling into fists before he's shaking in anger. 

"Excuse me? I specifically asked you to come along but you said no. How is this my fault? I didn't ask to be paired up with you, alright? I couldn't have known that I'd be stuck with a cat hybrid, a very stuck up one at that." 

"What'd you call me?"

"Stuck up, you heard me, hairball." 

Jaebum laughs drly, face glooming over with anger, "Hairball, huh?"

"Dog hybrids never get anything done? Please, coming from you who didn't even want to step up and work out this mess. Maybe with two people, that unimpressed guy would've given in and moved us but no, Mister Stuck-Up decides that he'll just sit around and wait for things to be handed to him." 

Where all this confident and anger is coming from, Jackson doesn't know either. Does he have something against cat hybrids? Not that he can recall, so why the sudden attack to this feline? Maybe it's the c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter