Final

I Called, He Came

"Hello?" Wonwoo answered, turning back to his laptop.

"Wonwoo-ah..." Mingyu whispered into the phone. Wonwoo stopped. Was he...crying?

"Mingyu, what's wrong? Are you okay?" Wonwoo was slowly growing more alarmed.

"No II" Mingyu stuttered, unable to finish his sentence.

"Alright, I'll be there soon" Wonwoo announced, hanging up. Rushing to grab to his coat and keys, he dashed into the night.

Did Mingyu find out? Wonwoo thought with dread, starting up his car. He was going to murder Jisoo. No one should ever hurt Mingyu like that.

•••~|~•••

Surrounded by the mess he created, Mingyu lay beside his bed as thoughts of Jisoo haunted him. He desperately wanted to get rid of them. The more he thought about the other, the angrier and more upset he got. Why would Jisoo do that? ...Did he do something wrong?

The doorbell rang before the dark thoughts could affect him more. On shaky legs, he walked to the door. In front of him stood a distraught Wonwoo and before the he could even enter, Mingyu collapsed. Shocked, Wonwoo was barely able to catch him.

“Mingyu?” Wonwoo called out worriedly, scanning his face. Seeing that he had just passed out, Wonwoo could slightly breathe but was still worried. Dragging Mingyu back into his house, his eyes widened at the sight. Everything in Mingyu’s lounge was destroyed. The couches were upturned, his book case lay on the floor and all of his beloved little trinkets littered the ground. Wonwoo cried out suddenly when his foot stepped on something sharp. In the darkness, he couldn’t find out what he stepped on but he had the creeping suspicion it was glass. Now limping, Wonwoo tried his best to carry Mingyu to his room.

Knowing his way by heart, Wonwoo came to the room. His usually pristine room was also in complete disarray and Wonwoo tripped more than once. This house is a complete hazard, He thought. Jisoo’s news must have really hurt him.

Laying him gently on the bed, Wonwoo did his best to make sure the other was comfortable. He sat beside Mingyu, just watching him solemnly. Leaning in closer, Wonwoo brought up his hand to softly away the hair from Mingyu’s face. Even in his sleep, Mingyu’s face contorted with pain.

Rising to his feet, Wonwoo carefully stepped over the mess until he came out into the hallway. Finding the light switch, he limped off to the bathroom. Wonwoo could only sigh as he sat down, starting the painful process of collecting the glass shards. One really deep one had him wincing. Finally finishing, he disinfected and bandaged his foot, making sure to throw away everything. 

Coming to stand in the lounge, Wonwoo sighed once more, knowing that he’ll have to clean everything up.

•••~|~•••

Mingyu awoke to sound of Wonwoo’s quiet swearing. He sat up, feeling a sudden bout of dizziness overtake him. Blindly, he reached out to steady himself against his bed. Once again, he attempted to stand up.

“Wonwoo?” he called out. The house went quiet before Wonwoo appeared in the doorway, holding Mingyu’s funny little pink broom. It was so comical he almost laughed before everything that happened in the last few hours came rushing back.

Hit with another wave of hurt and sadness, Mingyu slowly sunk back down. Wonwoo just stood in the doorway, not really knowing what to do.

Mingyu refused to cry. He’s not going to cry over someone who doesn’t deserve it.

“I’m sorry I called you, Wonwoo, you probably don’t want to be here” Mingyu whispered into his hands. He felt the bed dip as Wonwoo sat beside him.

“No, Mingyu,” he started, “don’t be sorry, you have no reason to be sorry” Mingyu’s breathing hitched again.

“Hyung, do you—do you know what Jisoo did?”

Wonwoo didn’t want to answer but confirmed that he did know. Shocked, Mingyu looked up to Wonwoo, hurt.

“I saw them… but I don’t think anyone else knows…”

“And you didn’t tell me?” Mingyu started, the feeling of betrayal creeping up on him.

“No, Mingyu, I—”

“Why didn’t you tell me? You could have just said ‘Oh and Mingyu, your boyfriend is sleeping with someone else’ and that—”

Wonwoo scoffed, offended at how suddenly Mingyu him.

“Don’t you get mad at me,” Wonwoo interrupted, standing up, “Did I tell him to go and screw around? That was completely on him” he stopped, trying to calm himself down, “and I did try to tell you…”

Walking away, Wonwoo left his room without a second glance. Once he was out of sight, Mingyu started panicking. Don’t leave me… he thought desperately.

Rushing out, he latched onto Wonwoo’s smaller frame, “hyung, don’t leave…”

His voice sounded small and pathetic but Mingyu couldn’t bring himself to care. He felt Wonwoo sigh.

“I wasn’t going to leave; I just need to finish cleaning”

Mingyu visibly deflated, relief washing over him.

“I’m sorry, can I help you?”

“Mingyu, you should really go lay back down or you’ll make yourself sick” Wonwoo turned just then, placing a hand on his forehead. Mingyu went cross eyed watching his hand.

“Go lay down,” Wonwoo ordered but Mingyu remained adamant.

“No, hyung, I made this mess so I should help” they both ignored Mingyu’s actual reason. I don’t want to think about him…

So side by side, they worked on clearing away everything that littered the floor. Just as Mingyu was going to sweep up some broken glass, he noticed red stains on the floor. Upon closer inspection, he discovered it was blood. He turned to Wonwoo and only just now noticed how the other was favouring his left leg as he walked around.

“Hyung…did you hurt yourself?”

Wonwoo looked to him, “No, I—”

He stopped, realising how fragile and sensitive Mingyu had become. Lying would only worsen his state of mind right now.

“It was just a cut, I’m fine”

Mingyu kept an eye on him for a few more minutes before deeming him okay enough to keep working.

Another two hours passed before the house was back to its usual pristine self.

Exhausted, the two collapsed on Mingyu’s couch just as the sun started to rise.

•••~|~•••

It took Mingyu weeks before he able to be around Jisoo and Seungcheol again. He wasn’t fully confortable but at least he didn’t run for the hills when they came in sight. Wonwoo was also around him most of the time, offering his silent support. Rumours even started about them dating, which gave Mingyu a secret thrill. Him and Wonwoo…? His cheeks heated up at the thought. 

So without him noticing, Mingyu’s heart healed and he managed to get over Jisoo. And surprisingly enough, he became close friends with Jeonghan, who basically went through the same hardships as Mingyu. They bonded over many things, like their ex’s and even their new love life.

It was one of those rare days when Wonwoo wasn’t around, leaving Mingyu to sulk like a small child. Jeonghan came up to him, teasing him about the older. Then he finally asked, “When are you two going to start dating?”

Mingyu had completely frozen up, a dark blush painting his cheeks red. Jeonghan’s eyes lit up with mischief.

“You do like him. See? I knew it” Jeonghan smiled to himself, proud. Then he whispered to Mingyu, “Since you’ve admitted it, you might want to stop her”

Mingyu couldn’t get over the feeling that Jeonghan reminded him of the devil whispering just then. But he looked anyways and through the café windows he spotted Wonwoo. He smiled, about to raise his hand in greeting. Then he caught sight of a girl standing in his way, nervously spinning side to side. Mingyu’s lip curled in disgust. Did she actually think that Wonwoo would accept her?

Why shouldn’t he accept her? A dark voice whispered back to him. Mingyu’s eyes widened.

Rushing out of the shop, he grabbed onto Wonwoo just as the girl opened to confess. Spinning the older man around, he grasped his head and leaned down. When their lips finally met, every thought Mingyu had disappeared. The only thing he could concentrate on was Wonwoo’s lips. The taste, the feel, everything felt right to him.

When he finally pulled back, Wonwoo stared back dazedly, blinking slowly. Then his cheeks heated up. Mingyu grinned, all giddy like a school kid.

“That was…unexpected” Wonwoo commented.

Mingyu turned to look at the girl’s reaction, only to find her high fiving Jeonghan. As much as he wanted to mad, he was just happy to be with Wonwoo.

Every felt so natural and fell into place nicely. Mingyu glanced down to Wonwoo.

“I love you,”

Wonwoo laughed, “I thought so, so come here” and then he pulled him back down, connecting their lips again.

End