Love You Like A Fool - Part 2

Love You Like A Fool

"You know if you keep staring at me like that.. those beautiful eyes of yours will penetrate deep into my heart and melt it within seconds," Jong Kook cracked a joke while shoving himself a mouthful of food from his bowl. Assuming that the man was uncomfortable with her reaction, Ji Hyo immediately lowered her head and focused on the food in front of them. She purposely ignored Jong Kook's words, despite he was looking at her in hope for some respond.

 

As he wasn't satisfied with Ji Hyo keeping silence, the Commander put down his chopstick and prompted a question, "You don't like it?"

She raised her eyebrows in confusion, "Don't like what?"

"Yaa.. I complimented you just now!"

"Ah.. jinjja? Mianhae oppa. I wasn't listening," Ji Hyo lied in order to avoid from having to discuss it with Jong Kook.

The Commander let out a small sigh and picked up his chopstick again, "I hope I'm not making you feel uncomfortable around me, Ji Hyo aah."

"Why are you saying that? I'm happy with you here.."

"You don't look like you are.."

Now it's her turn to put down her chopstick and stared at the Commander, "Wae? Cause I'm not laughing like a crazy woman when you cracked a joke? You know how I am oppa.."

"Ye.. a blank, clueless woman who doesn't know how a man feels about her," Jong Kook mumbled with low voice.

"Did you say something?"

"Ah ni.. did you hear anything?"

"I'm a blank, clueless woman.. aren't I?" she briefly replied and shoved food into , while Jong Kook just giggled at her innocent respond.

 

The SpartAce conversation was then moved on to topics relating to the recent controversy about Running Man, things they intended to do after the show is over and making promises to keep in touch even after they no longer be in the same show. Jong Kook was happy to see that Ji Hyo has gradually healed from the wound of 'betrayal' by SBS, and seeing her becoming chatty at the dining table made him forget about the time that passed by. Not wanting to end the dinner soon, he purposely ordered some hot drinks for both of them although Ji Hyo said she was full.

 

"Come on.. it's not like we always have time for this," he made an excuse which left Ji Hyo with no choice but to stay. The Ace got herself a cup of hot Americano, while the Commander ordered a hot green tea for himself. After taking a few sip, Jong Kook reopened their conversation about the fortune teller scene, "You know.. that was the first time someone told me that I got such a high compatibility score with a woman. Usually it's less than 50.."

 

Ji Hyo giggled as she didn't believe him, "I bet you'll score a 100 with Eun Hye."

Hearing the name made Jong Kook felt uneasy, "That's not true! Me and Eun Hye are over years ago. I simply adore her just like a fan of an actress. Besides.. I got my eyes on a new girl."

"Who? Geun Young?" Ji Hyo giggled.

"Ah ni! It's you.. pabo!"

Again she assumed he was just joking, "Yaa.. stop being so cheeky! It's embarrassing enough when Jae Suk oppa teased us earlier. And now you too?"

Jong Kook couldn't hide his happy thought, "Take it as a blessing from the family, Ji Hyo. Maybe we should seriously consider it.."

"Yaa! Noh micheosso?! Yours and Monday Couple fans will kill me!"

He kept laughing, "You're thinking too much. I'm just saying that we should consider.. if not now, then maybe later. But to tell you the truth.. I'm really looking forward to go on a date for my special episode. What do you think?"

"If that's what you want.. why not? But can I offer you an advice?"

"What is it?"

Ji Hyo took a moment before she said, "Don't be too choosy about food when you go on a date with a lady, oppa. Her diet may not be the same as you. She might like unhealthy food.. and not keen to go to gym that frequent. Let her be herself.. and don't try to change her just because you have different lifestyle."

However, the Commander took the opportunity to josh her instead, "Are you giving me tips on how to date you?"

"Yaa KIM JONG KOOK!" she retaliated and made Jong Kook laughed even louder.

 

Days have passed and finally it's time for them to come back and shoot the special episode for Ji Hyo. At her wish, the members went on MT trip at Pyeongchang, unfortunately it was nothing like her imagination as cameras were always tailing their every step. To add to their discomfort, a customised rope designed to tie them closer whenever the Ace pulled it made it even difficult for the male casts to walk around freely. Nevertheless, it was still a fun and exciting experience for the Running Man members especially for Jong Kook who had 'designed' another secret activity with the PD towards the end of the episode.

 

While waiting for the campfire to be ready, the Commander was called by the PD for a private conversation. Once they confirmed that no one was around, the PD quickly informed Jong Kook on the important matter, "Mian. I know that I've promised to help you with the plan.. but there's a small problem." "What is it?" Jong Kook face changed as he was worried if his plan for Ji Hyo might not happen. The PD carefully whispered, "The Chief is not happy with the fortune teller scene.. cause many fans are accusing that it was purposely staged to divert the wrongdoing by SBS. They warned us not to create any SpartAce scene from this episode onwards."

 

"Mworago?!" Jong Kook almost screaming out loud in anger if the PD didn't stop him from attracting the attention of others. The Commander was very upset with the news, "What is their problem with us? Why can't they let us be? This is getting ridiculous!"

The PD nodded, "I understand. But if you agree with my proposal.. I think you still can proceed the way you want it."

"Tell me how?" Jong Kook became impatient.

"We'll go along with the plan.. the only different is we will edit your part with Ji Hyo for the broadcast. That means.. no one will find out unless somebody inside release the raw clip which I don't think anyone will. What do you say?"

Jong Kook took a minute to think before he finally said, "I guess it's better than nothing. Right? Gomabta."

 

The Commander walked back to the group and pretended that nothing happened behind the scene. He acted as natural as possible despite his heart was beating so wild - trying to hide his nervousness as he prepared his honest speech for Ji Hyo in silence. Jong Kook became more anxious when the shooting continued, but the feeling was easily replaced with jealousy at the confession from Haha about the 'love triangle' that the short guy was in with Ji Hyo during the early year of Running Man. Afraid that the same will happen with Kwang Soo, Jong Kook strongly demanded that the Girin and his noona to put away that 'weird' glasses - just to avoid the KwangMong Siblings from having eye-to-eye contact like Haha had.

 

"And finally it's Jong Kook's turn with Ji Hyo!" Jae Suk announced after Suk Jin had his moment with the Ace. Seeing the blushing face of the Commander, Jae Suk in front of the others, "Yaa.. Jong Kook aah. Were you thinking something naughty? Your face is so red right now!". The comment from the national emcee made the other members burst out laughing especially when Jong Kook awkwardly denied, "Mworago? Yaa! My face became red because of the cold!"

 

Haha naughtily chipped in, "Were you going to confess your feeling because the fortune teller told you so?"

"He must really believe that it's true," added Suk Jin.

Kwang Soo pretended to protest, "Won't Gary hyung be upset if he see this?"

 

"Shut up!" roared Jong Kook, but the rest were laughing even harder. They totally ignored the body language of SpartAce who were obviously uncomfortable with the continuous teasing by the members, and they kept joshing them until Jae Suk told Jong Kook and Ji Hyo to proceed with the "I'm Sorry, I'm Thankful, I Love You" activity. The Commander gently held Ji Hyo's hands and prepared to say his speech, but he suddenly stopped the scene and requested to put on the weird glasses. 

 

Kwang Soo wasn't happy with the situation, "Why can't I wear it but you can?!". "You're too tall for Ji Hyo! She won't be comfortable to have it on since you two have different height," Jong Kook swiftly created an excuse which was very convincing to the rest. Ji Hyo as usual, just stood there laughing. It was typical for the members to argue over silly matters, but it's been a while since she became the subject of discussion.

 

When they were ready to continue, Jong Kook took a deep breath and locked his eyes on the actress. He began to recite his speech, "Ji Hyo aah.. I'm sorry if I had hurt you unintentionally whenever we play those physical games. I know sometimes I was being too rough on you and forgot that you're still a woman who is soft and gentle. I also ignored your presence whenever we have female guests on the show.. but like Suk Jin said we're just trying to spice up the programme. To me.. you're always the beautiful lady who captured my attention with her smile even though you can't do aeygo or dance other than your 'Hot Issue' moves.."

 

The honest statement from Jong Kook made Ji Hyo burst out laughing. The truth was she couldn't continue with the 'confession' moment, but had to do it since the PD told them to keep going. Hence, it's her turn to say few words to Jong Kook, "Oppa.. I'm sorry if I ever betrayed you during the game. Sometimes I was just too focused on the winning.. that I intentionally broke our alliance and ripped off your name-tag whenever I had the chance. But that's because you're too strong.. so I can only use my brain against you instead of my strength."

 

"Gwaenchana. I'd rather have my name-tag ripped by you than the weak Jae Suk," Jong Kook cracked a joke to which the national emcee responded with an angry "Yaa Kim Jong Kook!" and made others laughed. The Commander proceeded with his confession, "I really want you to know how thankful I am for this moment.. to be able to see you every week.. and create beautiful memories together as SpartAce. You're my strongest motivation to stand here.. and I have no reason to search for love because I know now that you're the one..". Before Jong Kook could say more, the other male casts began to shoot question after question out of surprise. They wondered if what they've heard was a real 'love confession' by the Commander, to which the same puzzle was cluttering Ji Hyo's mind.

 

Not answering any of those queries, Jong Kook kept on reciting his speech in a soft voice, "I really hope that you'll understand everything that I've told you tonight.. and with everyone here to witness this moment, there's only one thing left to say.. saranghae, my Song Ji Hyo." Once he's done, Jong Kook pulled the actress into his arms - rewarding her with the warmest cuddle in the cold night. He felt like he was protecting his woman from the freezing air, and he loved every second of it. The hug remained for a long minute, and he only let her go after she pushed him away.

 

"Yaa Kim Jong Kook! You really wait for this long to make that confession?" Jae Suk giggled as he pretended to scold the Commander.

Haha had a big smile on his face, "Am I looking at our new couple?"

"This guy is such a player! How can one starts a new relationship when he still thinking about his old crush?" Suk Jin complaint.

"Eun Hye noona! Gary hyung!" Kwang Soo suddenly shouted at the camera and got a 'free hit' on his head by the angry Commander.

Jae Suk just noticed something, "Hold on.. we haven't heard a word from Ji Hyo about this. Ji Hyo aah.. do you have anything to say to your potential boyfriend?"

"Potential husband!" Haha childishly shouted.

Ji Hyo who wasn't comfortable with all the jokes began to get furious, "Yaa! Stop making fun of me or I'll kick all of you out of here!"

 

"Omo.. the angry bird has appeared!" Haha quickly ran on his feet when Ji Hyo chased him around for joshing her. Once she gave up, Ji Hyo turned to the PD and said, "You better not show this on-screen!". The crews were only laughing at her reaction. It wasn't their first time seeing the actress exploded in anger, of which none were taken seriously. They have been working together for years, so everybody were very comfortable to be themselves especially the members.

 

As there was one more activity to go before the ultimate punishment, everyone got back to their position and continued with the shoot. In the end, Haha and Jae Suk were the chosen ones to jump into the freezing, icy water which has been prepared for the 'unlucky' members. Ji Hyo felt sorry for her two good friends, but both Haha and Jae Suk told her that they were happy to do it regardless how much they hated the cold bath. 

 

Once the PD wrapped up the shooting, the first thing that the men did was having a private conversation after Ji Hyo has left. "Hyung.. were you serious about it?" Kwang Soo was curious. The next to ask was Haha, "You know it takes more than words to convince Ji Hyo. She's not like any other actress." Jong Kook nodded as he understood well his friend's concern, "I know.. but I haven't figure out how else to approach her." Jae Suk patted on Jong Kook's shoulder, "Do you need any help?"

 

"Can you give me some good advice? I really want our relationship to work out especially after the show is over," Jong Kook pleaded to the other members. Everyone began to put on their thinking cap and threw their suggestions.

 

"Take her to shopping."

"Ah ni.. ah ni. She's not a shopaholic."

"The zoo! Noona really likes animal, isn't she?"

"Yaa.. how old is she to go on a date at the zoo?!"

"But she hasn't say yes to you.. has she? Or did we miss anything?"

"She hasn't.. but she will," Jong Kook answered with confidence.

 

After so many rejected ideas, finally the men agreed to go with Jae Suk's proposal. "It's important to ensure that she felt the same as you do before you went too far with it," the national emcee reminded. "But what if she's not? It's going to be embarrassing for you, hyung!" Kwang Soo was having a doubt about the final outcome. Then Suk Jin scoffed, "Who is stupid enough to say no this fine man? I'm very sure Ji Hyo will accept him. Just give her some time."

 

Kwang Soo also became excited, "I can't wait to see noona's face once she saw you on a date with another woman! I bet she'll beg you to be her man the moment she realized her true feeling!". With eyes filled with passion, Jong Kook was looking forward to his special episode, "I will show Ji Hyo how I treat a woman and make her jealous.. cause if she does, I know I'm not the only one in love. Wish me luck!"