Chapter 3

She doesn't want a boy, she needs a man
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 Chapter 3- Unfortunately Maknae

"Is there anyone near you right now?"

"Why do you ask?"

"Because I don't want anyone to know... that I'm talking to a guy so late at night."

"Oh of course... I get it." Following that, was an awkward period of silence where I didn't know if the phone call ended or not. "Ummm... what did you wanna talk about?"

"Oh... yeah... I just wanted to discuss this whole collaboration thing. Don't you think it's crazy?"

"Yes... of course it is... I've never done anything like this before."

"Me neither. And I'm really freaking out."

"..." I wanted to ask "Can I help you?" but no words left my mouth.

"Can you help me?"

"Ahh... umm... sure... but I don't think there's anything significant I'll be able to do."

"Trust me you will..."

"... how?"

"I-I'm nervous around strangers..." Okay I'm a stranger... why do I feel so salty?

"I understand. But... I don't see a way for me to help you there... because... to be honest... I'm pretty nervous around..." women..."... strangers as well." Me telling her I'm nervous around women would be highly embarrassing.

Silence... but then...

"Can we meet?"

"Can we meet?"

That question had been ringing in my head ever since she said it three nights ago. We were reaching closer to the day of the song recording, which is why Lisa was able to convince her staff members that our outing is strictly professional, and related to work, whereby there are no romantic intentions involved. But saying that, there's no denying that there's every possibility that someone would be keeping an eye on her to see what she's doing and how she's interacting with me. Those were the least of my worries. My worries can be better phrased as...

"Oh my God! Jeon Jungkook you just got asked out by BLACKPINK's Lisa. Are you preparing to die? You really should. I know there are no romantic intentions but still... I'm just freaking out. Oh... I need the toilet."

Needless to say, we weren't meeting up at a fast-food centre or any cafe or anything as such. It was a private room in a restaurant, to avoid as much contact with the public as possible. The ambience was perfect for some sort of proposal, which wasn't a good thing to know for my weak heart around women.

Me being the kind of person I am, I reached the place 30 minutes before I was supposed to. Not just that, having to come to a relatively expensive place like this, my dressing game had to be strong, which is why I wore my black suit with a black shirt. Sharp I know right... I could just dance to 'Blood, Sweat and Tears' right now... "Nae ppida-" whoops I forgot I needed the toilet...

I left the room momentarily to quickly go to the toilet... she could arrive anytime now. 

After returning, I casually entered through the door, without any preparation for what was to happen...

"Oh... you're here..." A now familiar female voice caught my ears again... sounding more mesmerising than it ever did. "Didn't expect you to arrive late..." There she stood, dressed in a stunning blue dress, which had gold designs matching her hair almost perfectly. Truly mesmerising. It appears as if during the time I went to the toilet, she arrived, which is why I'm the late one now.

"Actually I was waiting here for 30 minutes." is what a part of me wanted to say but that part has always been very recessive within me.

"Hey..." is what I actually said. Rule number 24 of dating: compliment the other's outfit...

...

Rule number 1 of not really dating but just having a meal together whilst there could be men with snipers targeting your forehead in case you do anything suspicious: Don't follow any rules of dating.

"Nice place eh...?" I asked.

"Yes... very nice."

"You look nice..." There I've said it!

"Th-thank you... so do you."

"Th-thanks..." We seem like 13 year-olds.

"Shall we take a seat...?"

"Sure"

Near the centre of the room, a fairly large round table was situated, where myself and my date- I mean myself and Lisa took a seat. There was a TV in the room, but wasn't very useful to either of us. But that wasn't to say that there wasn't any music in the background... in fact, the delicate music only added to the romantic ambience. Seriously who approved of her to come here with me? Do they want me to propose to her or something?

"So... what's your opinion on the collaboration?" asked Lisa.

"Umm... I think it's very sudden, but I also find it kinda exciting, it should turn out great." Well said Jungkook... that's one point to you.

"But the whole trip to Japan thing... is it necessary?"

"That's not a question I can answer unfortunately"

"I mean... I don't see why the music video can't be shot in Korea."

"There's nothing either of us can do about that. Besides, have you been preparing for the recording?"

"Of the music video?"

"Of the song..."

"Oh yes of course..." Her expression changes as she attempts to remember the lyrics of the song from the looks of it.

Meanwhile, I myself tried to remember my own lyrics for the song... and slowly begin to recapture the chorus...

"Hmmmm hmm hmmm..."

Only when my brain cells began functioning again, I stopped my awkward humming. Iiidiiiiooooot! Hurry up and change the topic before it gets embarrassing... or let her change it.

"Do you think the fans would like it?" she asked. Although some fans dislike it when an idol they admire interact with people of the opposite gender, I'd say the fans would love the collaboration... since it's a work collaboration not a romantic collaboration. But obviously you'd get those few who would try and popularize our relationship, eventually making it a 'ship'... instead of 'plane', or 'train', or 'helicopter', or 'taxi', or any other mode of transport.

"Yes... I'm quite certain of that." I replied. So far, so good for me and my interactions with her. However, it's intriguing how she's interacting with me. She said she's nervous around strangers. She does seem shy, but she doesn't seem nervous to me at all. "C-Can I ask you a question?"

"Yes..."

"Do you still see me as a stranger?"

"Umm... umm... what do I say..." Her hesitation became directory proportional to how red my cheeks were getting. Luckily I could hide them within the romantic red lighting. "I think you're... cool." 

...

It took a few seconds for me to take that in and feel awkwardly happy with myself. Meanwhile, I see her staring at me with those captivating eyes of hers. I nearly fell into a trance...

Few seconds of staring back into those eyes, I realised that she complemented me, and I just said nothing and sat there like a rude guy.

"I think you're... also... cool."

Never did I expect our interactions to be this awkward. I guess that's what you get when you put a guy with women anxiety together with a girl who has barely spoken with a guy of her age as a result of being a YG trainee.

Now that it had been established that both of us see each other in a positive way, I was starting to get more comfortable with her.

"What would you like to eat? There's a lot of variety in this menu..."

One of the advantages of eating with new people is getting introduced to their tastes regarding food, which is why having a meal with Lisa meant that I could gain more of an understanding on certain food items, on which I prefer not to gamble my own money.

"This beef is delicious. You should try some..." Lisa's voice obtains more units of cuteness when she speaks in between eating. But sadly that wasn't enough for me to agree with her suggestion. I'd never take food from anyone else's plate, unless it's a family member of mine or someone heavily close to me.

"No I'm fine thanks..." Despite my rejection, she took a piece of beef from her plate and placed it on mine. "W

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter