12 -

Looking Through the Glass
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

12. Happiness is the flower that grows in the heart.

 

He tells everyone that he isn't going to get married until he's 40. He tells everyone that music, his fans, and his career are the most important things to him right now. He tells himself all these things and tells himself he is happy. 

But then again, there are probably so many definitions for what happiness means to a person.

Is he happy, happier, happiest? He laughs from ear to ear when something good happens, smiles in satisfaction when he finishes a song, and when he sees his fans happy, so, does it even matter?

Jung Yonghwa is happy; that much is true. But not happier, or happiest. He has everything he could ever need and want, so what's missing?

It's more than what, it's who. 

It's when he comes home alone to an empty house; when he enters and only silence greets him; when he sits behind his table alone to eat a meal with now to share it with.

So which one is he, happy, happier, or happiest?

Other people would say Jung Yonghwa is happy. 

But when he smiles, it doesn’t reach his eyes anymore. He doesn’t carry his heart on his sleeves like he used to.

It stays hidden nowadays, scared to be out, to be touched, to be even notice as if it were a glass that could break anytime.

As much as he poses to be fearless, Jung Yonghwa is still someone that aches.

He is still a human after all; with a heart that beats and ach

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter