Episode 1 - Introduction

We Got Married (SooWon edition)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

(Beep Beep)

 

Congratulations! You have been selected as a candidate for We Got Married Season 4! Please confirm your participation in the selection for the couple that would replace our beloved Jinwoon-Joohee couple latest by the end of this week. We bid you a good day, and we hope to see you soon.

 

“What on earth?”

 

--

 

(Beep Beep)

 

In conjunction with the exit of our beloved Jinwoon-Joohee couple, we are here to bid you congratulations as you have been chosen as a candidate to take part in our We Got Married programme! Please confirm your participation in the selection for the couple to replace Jinwoon-Joohee latest by the end of this week. Have a good day, and we hope to see you in person soon.

 

“…”

“What’s wrong?”

“I think… I just received a spam message.”

 

-----

 

Chapter One

{ Episode 1 – Introduction }

 

A young lady dressed demurely in a pale pink dress is seen walking towards the fountain of Seoul Park. Tucking a strand of hair behind her ear, the brunette walks carefully in her heels and finally halts just a few steps from the fountain. Her face though, is not revealed. 

 

( MC Misun: Oh my, here’s the new bride!

MC Jungmin: Is she a model? She seems to be really tall.

MC Misun: The camera should stop being such a tease and show us how she looks like!

MC Jihye: Ah look, she’s looking sideways now! )

 

The young lady’s side profile is shown, and a shy smile is fixed on her lips. She is seen looking around the park as if searching for someone. “Ah, so nervous,” She says to herself as the camera zooms into her face. She places a hand over her chest and breathes in and out slowly.

 

(MC Misun: Wait…isn’t that…

 MC Jungmin: Goodness, it is, isn’t it? It’s So Nyuh Shi Dae’s Sooyoung!

 MC Jihye: Another So Nyuh Shi Dae member? Wow, this is unexpected! )

 

-----

 

“Annyeonghaseyo. I am So Nyuh Shi Dae’s Choi Sooyoung.” The brunette smiles politely at the camera as she bows her head slightly. “It is absolutely thrilling for me to be part of this programme. I never would have imagined another chance given as a So Nyuh Shi Dae member to star in this Season’s We Got Married.” She laughs and brushes her fringe away from her eyes.

 

“Why do you think the producers decided to cast you for this season’s We Got Married?”

 “Well, truthfully, I don’t really know as well. When my manager told me that the producers specifically chose me and my partner to replace the Jinwoon-Joohee couple, I was shocked and excited at the same time. He didn’t really mention why us though.”

 

“Describe your feeling at the moment.”

“Nervous, scared,” Sooyoung laughs again. “But equally intrigued. I hope that everyone would be kind to me as this is my first time here. I will do my best.”

 

-----

 

(A day before)  “I can’t believe this,” Sooyoung says giddily as she accepts the envelope given to her. The sky-cloud background of where she currently sat is obvious to the eyes of viewers – SM’s practice room. “This is the famous We Got Married envelope. I can’t believe I am holding it in my hand!” She fiddles with the envelope before she proceeds to open it.

 

(MC Misun: Look at the smile on her face. She’s really happy to be the new bride, isn’t she?

MC Jihye: Yes, definitely. Oh, she’s reading the letter. Why am I nervous for her? )

 

Annyeonghaseyo. We proudly welcome you to the We Got Married family! Tomorrow, you will be meeting your husband at the fountain in Seoul Park. Are you excited to know the identity of your husband? Here are two hints to help you identify who your husband is, but we have to warn you, these hints aren’t obvious! Have fun guessing!

- wgm

 

“Ah, a cross?” Sooyoung takes out the tiny object in the envelope alongside the letter, completely bewildered at the silver cross now in her palm. “Does this mean that my fake husband is a Christian?” She frowns. “But there are so many Christians…“

Sooyoung places the object aside and takes out another hint from the envelope. This time, it is a photograph of a landmark and Sooyoung finds herself frowning even harder. “What is this,” She bursts into laughter and covers her face in embarrassment. “I feel so stupid, I don’t know this place at all!”

She stares at the photograph for a few more seconds before scratching her head, lost and needed help. “Clearly I need some help,” She laughs again, “Do you know where this is?” She asks the cameraman and then covers in embarrassment. “Right, I’m not supposed to ask you this. Sorry.”

 

( MC Misun: Sooyoung must be nervous. She laughs a lot, don’t you think?

  MC Jungmin: When she laughs, it makes me want to laugh too. I think she’s really adorable.

  MC Danny: But hmm, that place in the photograph... do you know where?

  MC Jihye: Our producers are mean, aren’t they? I don’t think I know that place either. )

 

“I guess I’ll only know my husband’s identity tomorrow. So nervous!” Sooyoung fans herself with her hand. “Do you know my husband’s identity? You do, don’t you?” She asks the cameraman. A few seconds past and Sooyoung admits defeat when the cameraman remains mum. “I wished you could stop smiling and just tell me who he is. I don’t think I can sleep tonight!”

 

-----

 

Omo, who is this?

 

The back of a young man is revealed. He is dressed in a white long sleeve shirt and black jeans. The young man walks nervously towards the fountain, and from a far distance, the young lady in pale pink is seen with her back facing him. “Is that my wife?” He asks, his heart pounding and his dimples flared on his cheeks as the camera finally reveals his face.

 

(MC Jihye: Oh my goodness! Choi Siwon! Super Junior’s Choi Siwon!

 MC Misun: This new couple is from the same company! This has never happen before!

 MC Jungmin: But aren’t they close in real life? Will this be awkward for them though?

 MC Danny: I actually think they wil

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter