Final

Worries

“Yuju, gwenchana?” Sowon is the first one to greet Yuju as the latter enters the dorm. The member gasps when they saw Yuju’s left leg to be wrapped in a cast. She barely walks with the help of the cane.

     “Omo omo!” Yerin quickly stands up and helps Yuju to walk as she seems to have troubles. The others look with concern eyes.

     Actually, while practicing their dance earlier, Yuju somehow fell and sprained her leg. With the help of manager oppa, she got to the hospital while the others continue practicing with worried. Among the girls, SinB seemed to be in trouble since she couldn’t stay focus after the incident. She is worried sick about this one particular member, yet she decided to play it cool and stay calm. Meanwhile the other four cannot hide their worries.

     When they arrived the dorm, Yuju is still not coming back from the hospital. Instead of getting some rest, the members decided to wait for the latter and that’s how all this happen.

     “I’m sorry, guys. I’m so clumsy.” Yuju said as she felt disappointed with herself. Being the good leader she is, Sowon pats Yuju’s shoulder and giving her some encouragement words.

     “It’s okay, Yuju-ah. Did you have your dinner yet?” Sowon asks after they send Yuju to her bed. Yuju nods in reply. “Arasso. Now, you should get some rest.” Sowon said. “The others too.”

     Although they are worried about the main vocalist’c condition, Sowon is right. They need some rest too after 3 hours of non stop practice. SinB steals glance at Yuju, but she don’t want it to be obvious. Her mind is a mess. Yuju’s name keep running in her mind and it makes SinB to turn crazy.

     SinB climbs her bed with a heavy heart. She really want to talk to the older girl who is staying at the lower bunk of the bed, but she is yet lack of encouragement. She always found herself to be nervous when her eyes met Yuju’s one. She also got caught several time for always stealing glances at the latter while practicing. I’m such a coward, that’s what she thought.

     But later that night, while everyone already sunk into their dreamland, SinB is fidgeting whether to peek at the lower bunk. She just want to know if Yuju already sleep and also check her condition. She almost lower her head to peek on Yuju’s bed when she cancel the thought in her mind. Ah, she must be sleep already.

     The thought of Yuju might be sleeping now got chased away when she felt a movement by the bed. Well, she is staying on the upper bunk after all.

She doesn’t sleep yet?

     Before she get caught, SinB quickly close her eyes and pretends to be sleep when she doesn’t. Somehow, she can feel that someone is staring at her. She keep her eyes close while her heart is pounding wildly. Suddenly, she heard a step, and it faded away. SinB opens her eyes.

Where is she going?

     SinB thought of where in the dorm that Yuju is going to. Feeling curious and worried, she decided to climbs down her bed, slowly so she won’t wake up Umji and Eunha who is in deep slumber. As she get out from the bedroom, SinB heard the sound of water flowing from the bathroom. Ah, she’s in bathroom. Just when she is about to enter her bedroom again, she heard a loud thud coming from the bathroom.

Yuju unnie!

     SinB rush to the source of the noise, slaming the door open, only to see Yuju laying on the floor. Maybe because the members are too tired after practicing, they don’t have a clue of what is going on. It’s only SinB who is aware by the incident.

     Yuju looks up to the door and found SinB standing by it while looking at her with wide eyes.

“S-SinB-ah…” Yuju calls by the latter’s name while tears already well up in her eyes. SinB quickly rush to the girl to help her to sit up.

     “Unnie, gwenchana?” SinB’s voice crack. She is kneeling while her both hands are holding on Yuju to support her. Yuju lets herself to lean on SinB, gripping on her shirt. Her leg is in pain.

     “H-Hurt…” Yuju replies. SinB is starting to panic. “It’s okay. Let’s sit first.” SinB lift Yuju’s body little by little, to make her sit on the toilet bowl lid. She kneels down again and put her both hands on Yuju’s cheeks, caressing it while wiping the tears that rolling down on Yuju’s cheeks. “It’s okay, unnie. I’m here.” She said.

     “What are you doing here in the middle of the night?” SinB asks when she found that Yuju is calm now.

     “My head was itchy so I want to wash my hair.”

     SinB sighs. “You should be careful.” Yuju hang her head low. It’s her fault. At least, she should wait for tomorrow morning instead. “Let me wash it for you.”

     Yuju is startled by SinB’s next words. “Mwo?”

“I said, I’m going to wash your hair.”

     Yuju was left dumb founded as she couldn’t say anything afterward. Actually, when she arrived at the dorm earlier, she was anticipating for someone’s reaction towards her condition. Apparently, she thought she could at least see her worried face but the latter’s kept her poker face. It’s slightly made she hurt.

     But she didn’t expect this to happen too. She silently watch SinB take the water hose and starts wetting her hair. The cold water running through her hair and Yuju don’t give a damn to the cold water as long as SinB doing it.

     There is Yuju’s little secret. When the first time she joined the company, Yuju can’t help but to attracted to this particular trainee. She was so happy back then when she acknowledge by their soon-to-be manager said that she is going to debut in the same team as her crush. To make it short, Yuju was already head over heels towards her.

     She thought when they debut together, they could at least be close to each other. They also lack of interaction which make Yuju less expected to date the girl one day. Also, she kept making mistakes while practicing, which she thought that she might piss off the girl.

     Yuju is snapped back to the reality when she felt hands gently massage her head. She feel relaxed so sudden.

     “Is this comfortable?” SinB asks.

     “Ne. Thank you, SinB-ah. You know, you don’t really have to do this.” Yuju said out of sincerity. She felt bad towards the younger one.

     “It’s okay, unnie.” SinB replies shortly. She continues washing Yuju’s hair while her head is wildly thinking about this moment.

     SinB has keep her feeling so long towards Yuju and of course, Yuju don’t have a clue about it. What a shame, they don’t know that their love is not one-sided.

     After finish rinsing Yuju’s hair, SinB puts a towel on Yuju’s head. Yuju expect that maybe SinB wants herself to do it since she already help with washing. Yuju starts to dry her hair when SinB cuts her.

     “Unnie, what are you doing?”

     “Um, drying my hair?”

SinB sighs. She makes herself lean in front of Yuju and take the towel away. “I’m going to do it.”

     Again, Yuju was left startled by SinB’s little action. Her breath hitch when she found SinB’s face is way too close with hers. SinB felt herself being stare by someone who is none other than Yuju. She diverts her eyes and their eyes met in silence. SinB’s hand stop drying Yuju’s hair as they are staring to each other intensely.

     “Unnie, I’m sorry.”

     Yuju frowns. “Why?”

     “For this,” SinB leans in and puts her lips on Yuju’s. Both party could feel butterflies in their stomach and sparks are everywhere. It is their first kiss. Well, even though people always said that first kiss should be at somewhere romantic, both of them couldn’t care much. Despite, they have their first kiss in bathroom for God’s sake!

     Slowly, SinB moves her lips on Yuju. The older girl was caught off guard but manage to move hers also with the same rhythm as the younger one. The kiss is sweet yet full of intenses. They like it that way. Apparently, they need to pull off as they lack of oxygen.

     “Wow,” Yuju said. Her face is flushing red. SinB feel shy all of sudden when she realise that she is the first one to initiate the kiss. The unexpected kiss.

     Oh, damn. SinB thought. It’s too late now. They couldn’t act like nothing happen right after all this happen?

     “Mianhae, unnie. I’ve been keeping this for a long time. Actually, I…I like you.” SinB looks down as she confess her feelings towards her crush. Right, she felt like the burden suddenly lift up from her heart.

     “Since when?” Yuju asks in a cold tone. SinB looks down. What a wrong timing. She shouldn’t have to confess to her. Of course Yuju would reject her. What did she think?

     “Mianhae. I was wrong. I don’t mean to—“

Chu~

      SinB felt something soft land on her lips again. It turns out to be an unexpected peck from her crush. SinB looks up and their eyes met. Yuju’s eyes are so deep and SinB could feel sincerity in her eyes. SinB is beyond shock when the latter put her hand on her cheek.

     “You don’t know how much I was waiting for this.” Yuju said. “Let me tell you a secret.”

Yuju leans in towards SinB’s ear. “I like you too.”

     SinB’s eyes widen upon hearing Yuju’s words. “Are you serious?”

“You think I would lie to you?”

“Aniyo. It just… felt unreal…”

     Yuju caress SinB’s cheek and smile. “You mean, too good to be true?”

“Mmm.” SInB replies. She reach to hold Yuju’s hand on her cheek. “So, what are we now? Are we girlfriends?”

    “Woa woa… You don’t think we’re nothing after that kiss, right? Yah!” Yuju whines.

“Fine. This is not a dream.” SinB said and Yuju frowns. “What?”

     “Why are you so dense?” Yuju asks out of frustrated. SinB smirks.

“Well, you know… I’m a savage maknae.” She adds a wink after that and makes Yuju blush right away. SinB felt amuse by Yuju’s reaction. “My girl is so cute.” She said while cringing her nose. It’s unusual for her to be fluffy.

     “Why are you saying that while cringing your nose?” Yuju asks.

     “You know, I don’t really like being fluffy.”

     “Then, why you do that to me?” Yuju pouts. “It makes you sound not sincere though.” She mumbles the last part but SinB sure heard it.

     “Unnie, you’re not sulking, aren’t you?” Yuju remains silent. “Arasso.” SinB turns her body to make her back face Yuju, still kneeling.

     “What are you doing?”

     “You said it sound not sincere so I will just show it by my action.” SinB said. “Hop on.”

     “Y-You heard?”

     SinB nods. “Come on. I will give you a piggy back ride to your bed.”

Yuju smiles. Without wasting more times, she hop on SinB’s back. Slowly, SinB stands up and walks to their room.

     “Just how much you eat?” SinB earns a slap on her shoulder and she giggles. “Okay, mian.”

As soon as she put Yuju on her bed, SinB lands a soft peck on the older’s forehead before off to climb the upper bunk. But before she could do so, Yuju pull her hand. “Where are you going?”

     “Um, my bed?”

Yuju shakes her head. “No. Sleep here.” Yuju said while tapping the space beside her. SinB looks at her.

     “Are you sure?” SinB glances to Umji and Eunha’s bed. They are sleeping tightly. ‘What if they saw us in the morning?”

     “You aren’t planing to keep this as a secret, right?” Yuju asks. “We can’t hide from them. We’re a team.”

     When SinB thought again, she found Yuju’s words are true. They couldn’t hide forever. Plus, she want to let people know too. If they couldn’t tell it to their fans, at least their member should do.

     “Okay then.” SinB went to lie beside Yuju while the older girl wraps her hand around her waist. “Are you sure your leg is alright?”

     Yuju nods while keeping her eyes close. “Yeah, as long as you here.” SinB smiles and wraps her hand around Yuju’s head. Yuju hide her blushing face in the crook of SinB’s neck. “Good night, girlfriend.”

     “Mmm. Good night.”

     “No ‘girlfriend’ back?” Yuju looks up to SinB who is already had her eyes close.

     “Sleep, unnie.”

     “Tch. SinB is no fun.” Yuju mumbles. SinB is not asleep yet. Hearing Yuju talks in that way, SinB can sense that Yuju is sulking again. Since when she like to sulk?

     SinB lower herself to make her face really close to Yuju’s. She leans in and peck on her lips. Yuju smiles.

     “You like it that much?”

     Yuju nods.

     “Okay, let’s continue tomorrow. Right now, we need to sleep. Sowon unnie won’t be happy if she know this.”

     That night, Yuju get to sleep soundly since the first time she entered the dorm.