Four

First Snow ❄️
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

     The First Snow ❄️

 

Mina slowly opened her eyes. The bright light of sun coming from the window made her block her eyesight with her left palm. Her eyes widened when she finally noticed a bandage wrapped around her left hand. She automatically held her left hand with her right hand as she could still feel the pain slice through her skin.

“Oh. You’re awake already? I should call your grandparents now.”

Mina turned her head to the side and frowned when she saw Jungkook was sitting on the chair beside her.

“What are you doing here?” She weakly forced herself to ask him.

“Idiot. It’s all because of you that I’ll have to take days off work. You’ve been sleeping for three days.” Jungkook retorted.

“Did you save me?” She threw him a question.

“Yes.” He nodded. “I was so worried when I saw that you were bleeding a lot...”

“Why would you worry about me?” Mina squinted her eyes. Her eyes still felt heavy.

“D-Don’t ask me that question!” Jungkook faced away to avoid his embarrassment.

“But I rejected you...”

“That’s not a reason why I should leave you untreated.”

Mina sighed slowly. She tilted her head to see carnations were arranged beautifully in a white vase. Her eyes caught a glimpse of a carnation that seemed to wilt.

“You should’ve just let me die.” She said after a long silence.

“Don’t speak such nonsense! Why would I do that? Why would you want to end your life that easily? Are you a moron?” Jungkook stood from his seat, unable to control his anger.

He gritted his teeth and clenched his shaky palms. He didn’t understand why she would do something dangerous like that. Was her problem that big? Was dying really the best choice?

“I must die Jungkook! I had to! I hate my life. I want to be with my family.” Mina cried her heart out. felt sore because she hadn’t drank anything for days. “Please... Let me die.” She sobbed quietly, hugging her legs to her chest.

Jungkook leaned in and hugged her body tightly that Mina could feel his warmth. He patted her back and rocked her like a mom would do to her baby while shushing her cries.

After she had calmed down, Jungkook broke the hug and sat on the bed. He held her pale cheeks and gently swiped the tears. Mina’s face flushed when he did that, but she couldn't move her head away.

“I won’t let you die. I won’t let you suffer alone...” His lips turned into a smile. Before Mina could question his words he quickly said:

 

“Because I love you.”

 

Jungkook leaned forward once again and pressed his lips onto hers. Mina closed her eye. She wanted to push him from kissing her, but she had no strength to pull him away so she gave in to the kiss.

 

 

Mina has quit from her work since the day she came out from the hospital. Her grandparents paid full attention towards her now but she had promised not to repeat her idiot action again.

Jungkook has been her grandparents’ favorite since he saved her life. Her grandfather always said that Mina should date Jungkook as he was so kind and handsome, too, but she remained mute about it. Her mind was only focused on Jimin. It has been so long since she last saw him.

Where could he be right now?

Was he still waiting for her as usual?

That thought snapped her off. She took her pink coat in the wardrobe and wore it on her body. She was going to meet Jimin. She needed to say something to him.

“Where are you going, Mina?” Her grandmother asked, putting down the cup of tea in her hand.

“I-I’m going to pick up my things at the convenience store.” She clumsily stuttered at her sentence.

“You’re still healing. Just rest and I’ll call Jungkook to grab your things later.” Her grandmother insisted.

“Mina. I don’t want to tell you this, but a person called me yesterday. She said that her son was the one who knocked down your family last year.” Her grandfather spoke up.

“Why did she call?” Mina clenched her knuckles.

“She was sorry on her son’s behalf.”

“Why would she apologize for her son’s fault? Was her son a coward?” She blurted out.

“I don’t know, but I think she lost her son, too, in the accident.” Her grandfather guiltily said.

After a few seconds, Mina continued to ask.

“What was his name?”

“It was Park Jimin, I guess.” Her grandfather replied while adjusting his spectacles.

Mina was shocked to hear his name. He has the same name as Jimin’s. It couldn’t be him, right? There was only one way to find out. She had to meet him.

“Now, go rest. I’ll call Jungkook later to fetch your belongings.” Her grandmother sipped the last tea out of the cup.

“No grandma. I’ll go.” She demanded sternly and went out from the house.

Arriving at the convenience store, Mina avoided to meet neither Jungkook or Mrs

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter