If You

If You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Title: If You

Author: ilovesungyeollie

Pairing: JiKook

Genre: Romance

 

Jungkook stood by the Han River staring as Jimin walked away, slowly getting smaller until Jungkook couldn’t see him anymore. Jungkook’s mind was blank and his body was frozen. For a long time Jungkook stayed there, gazing into the dark flowing water as the sky turned from a warm orange evening to a cold black night.

 

What did I do?

 

Such thoughts floated across Jungkook’s mind until his brain finally forced Jungkook to admit something he had denied for far too long.

 

I didn’t do anything.

 

And that was the problem. Jungkook didn’t do anything. He did nothing. Throughout the entire length of their relationship, Jungkook never did anything. It was always Jimin who was the one giving Jungkook his undivided attention, his unconditional love, his everything. Yet now when Jungkook wanted to do something, because he finally realized his stupidity, there was nothing he could do.

 

I love you Jimin…

 

If it’s not too late, can’t we get back together?

 

~

 

It was the first day of high school and all the freshmen were looking lost and scared. They all wanted to fit in and not cause any trouble, at least not on the first day. Jungkook, however, was one of the few freshmen who was relaxed and not in the least nervous. That may or may not be due to the fact that his older brother also went to the same high school and was somewhat infamous for his intimidating looks.

 

Walking along the busy hallways to his homeroom, Jungkook was almost knocked down when a shorter boy ran into him. The other boy evidently panicked and looked at Jungkook with a tinge of fear.

 

“I-I’m so sorry I didn’t mean to run into you, this is all my fault I wasn’t looking oh my god I’m really sorry I –“

 

“Hey, it’s fine.” Jungkook cut the panicking boy off and sent him a friendly smile. The other boy looked like a nice person and he was cute. Jungkook wanted to be friends.

 

When the other just stared at Jungkook with wide eyes, Jungkook let out his brightest smile and stuck his hand out. “I’m Jeon Jungkook.”

 

The shorter boy stuttered his name, “Park J-Jimin.”, before giving Jungkook’s hand a quick shake.

 

“So you’re on your way to homeroom?” Jungkook asked conversationally, the first step to befriending someone. Jimin only nodded before slowly sidling past Jungkook, avoiding the other’s eyes.

 

He must be shy. Jungkook thought. Jungkook watched Jimin take a few more steps before giving him a farewell. “Well see you around then.”

 

Jimin finally looked into Jungkook’s eyes and gave him an adorable eye smile along with a swift wave before hurrying away. Jungkook gaped at the sudden onslaught of cuteness. A few seconds passed before Jungkook snapped out of it and continued on his own way, mind full of the cute shy boy that was Park Jimin.

 

~

 

Jimin was sitting on the couch in his small but cozy apartment, staring at absolutely nothing. He was supposed to continue his drama marathon but after what happened that evening, Jimin didn’t feel like doing anything. He sighed as the scene replayed in his mind, the scene where he finally got the determination to break up with Jungkook.

 

But now, back in his empty apartment, Jimin couldn’t help but wonder if he did the right thing. Although the other never contributed much to their relationship, it still felt nice to be able to call Jungkook his. And it wasn’t like Jungkook was always cold to Jimin or anything. In fact Jungkook was usually very nice and sweet when they were together. The thing was, Jungkook was nice and sweet only when they were together. If Jimin didn’t call Jungkook up and ask him to meet, then Jungkook probably would’ve forgot he even had a boyfriend.

 

It was a vicious cycle for Jimin. When he was with Jungkook he’d feel warm and bubbly inside, melting from Jungkook’s attention. Yet once he was on his own again, Jimin’s mind would run miles thinking and overthinking everything. Jungkook never called or texted Jimin first. He never visited Jimin’s place even though Jimin lived alone. He never did anything and that was the one thing Jimin could not stand any more. Jimin wanted, needed, to feel loved, to be pampered. He wanted to feel important to Jungkook but it just didn’t seem pos

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter