shower thoughts

el•e•ment

The door to the classroom slid open with a loud SLAP! followed by Baekhyun’s loud “Do Kyungsoo!” Kai looked at the door. The owner of the name growled with annoyance. He hated when his name was announced to the entire world, especially when it was said in Byun Baekhyun’s loud voice. Tailing behind him was Park Chanyeol, the town's go-to Dj and, at the moment, Baekhyun’s new boy toy. Kyungsoo motioned for Kai to sit close to him so that neither loud mouth or his puppy could squeeze through. It was too late. A chair was slammed right in between the boys and Baekhyun’s face was 2 inches from Kai’s face. “Hmm…” his eyes scanned every feature held up by his shoulders.“You are cuter up close” he purrs passing his slender finger down the bridge of his nose. The boy his lips as if he could taste his attractiveness. Kai was paralyzed by this sudden forwardness. “Back off.” A hand came flying across Baekhyun's head causing him to turn his attention to the owner of the heavy hand. Kyungsoo and he was not impressed. “Don't you have someone else to harass, Baek?” His eyes move to Chanyeol, who also didn't look impressed. “Ah,” he laughs nervously “I didn't mean nothing by it,” he says, both hands up in surrender. Chanyeol rolled his eyes at him. Kai looked at Kyungsoo for help. He could imagine the level of uncomfortableness he felt by almost being eye by another male. 
“Do you mind sitting next to your boyfriend? Me and Kai are sharing lunch and you're in the way.”
“Me? My deepest apologies. Let me just get out of your hair” he says as he grabs his lunch and drink and switches seats with Kai. Then pulls his seat closer to Chanyeol–who was still unimpressed. 
Before eating, kyungsoo introduced Kai to Baekhyun and Chanyeol. Being that he noticed they had no plans on leaving and since they were his friends and might spend time with Kai. 
“Have you introduced him to the others?” Chanyeol asked.
“I haven't had the chance yet.”
“Now might be your chance.”
SLAP! 
“What did I tell you? Didn't I say they'll get here before us?” Suho grabbed the nearest chair and dragged it along with him to where the four sat. “You owe me ten bucks, Hun” he says over his shoulders to a red faced Sehun. Once comfortable at the table laughing at Sehun’s grumbling with one eyebrow arched, he fills Kai in with, “he hates losing money but the idiot always bets anyway when he knows the odds are against him.” He then notices who he was talking to and his head back, “I don't know you. Who are you?” Baekhyun burst out laughing. “This is Kim Kai, my cousin” Kyungsoo tells his dumbfounded elder. Sehun fixes his seat and joins them at the table. “Cousin you say,” he stares at Kai for a moment then sticks out his hand “any family member of Kyungsoo is a family member of mine. I'm Kim Suho.” Kai took the offered hand and shook it saying politely, “any friend of kyungsoo is a friend of mine.” Suho smiled at him, impressed. Kyungsoo felt his cheeks grow warm. His name being said by Kai had a different sound to it creating a different effect in his body. “I'm Sehun” he says smacking the owed money on the table. Suho picked it up with his arched brow smile saying, “think of it not as lost. It's going to our food after school. Speaking of which,” he turns his attention to Kai and Kyungsoo, “Baek, tell you guys about after school right?” 
 
Both boys walk down the hill after leaving Kyungsoo’s friends. Kai kept up the pace. “It's not that I don't want you to hang out with my friends,” he begins to explain “it's just that samchun asked me to take you to town.” He nods his head, “I know. I didn't think ill of you, Kyungsoo.” His cheeks grew warm again. He cleared his throat praying the feeling to go away. “Right, what should we look for first? Clothing?”
They went to certain clothing boutiques. Kai tried on the clothing he liked and Kyungsoo thought he looked so cool yet classy. It was a style he personally found attractive on him and fit well. 
After paying in the last boutique, Kai asked, “can I wear this sweater now?” He held up the long sleeve pullover with thick white, red and blue stripes. The woman behind the cash register looked at him oddly. “You can” kyungsoo said. Kai smiled happily and took off the blue hood he wore holding it between his legs and pulled on the sweater. Kyungsoo grabbed the hood and put it in one of the brown bags then saw his hair was a mess. Something in him made him walk over to him and fix it with his fingers. 
“How do I look?” Kai asked.
“Handsome” he answered.  
They held each other's gaze–unaware of the woman behind the register watching them curiously until she spoke. “Your change, sir.” It was Kyungsoo who broke and walked over to collect the change. Kai held most of the bags on their way to buy the rest of his needs. But he couldn't ignore the racing of his heart that occurred while locking eyes with him. He couldn't ignore the fact that baekhyun was right, Kai was cuter up close. And after seeing him dressed so cooly made matters worse for Kyungsoo.
 
The time was seven-thirty–due to daylight savings time–and the sky was a dark purple. The idea of telling his uncle about them going to Baekhyun’s house was out of the question. Yunho was strict about certain things like letting Kyungsoo out the house on short notice and when it was dark as it was tonight. Any minute now his cellphone would be ringing. He dug it out his pocket and held it in his hand.
“What's the matter?” 
“Samchun would be calling soon” he answered Kai. Seconds later, his cellphone screen lit up and it began to buzz. 
“Hello~” he answered.
“Are you on your way home?” Yunho asked.
“We’re walking home now.”
“How was it?”
“It was good.”
“Did he have a good time?”
Kai saw something that grabbed his interest and walked towards it.
“He seemed to have a good time. I wouldn't really know.”
“What about at the school?”
“There was some annoyance but besides that he was welcomed by the guys. They even invited him to join them after school for snack. But because we had to get clothing, he didn't go.”
Yunho made a noise of satisfaction. “This is good news.”
Kyungsoo stopped next to Kai. He watched a bird search for food. 
“You seem really interested in how he's settling in. You really care about him.”
“Of course. Kai is special.”
Kai’s mouth moved as if he was saying something but his words audible. The bird stopped its search and watched Kai as he watched it. He stuck out his hand. “Becareful” Kyungsoo called out to him. The bird's head tilted to the left then to the right then hopped closely to his hand. “What do you mean by ‘special’?” Kai stood up with the bird in the center of his palm, calmly. “It's hard for me to explain right now. I promise I will tell you everything when it's the right time. For now, get home.” The call ended. Kyungsoo slid the phone into the pocket of his uniform pants. Kai extended his hand to him. “You can touch it. It won't hurt you” he assured him. The boy slowly reached out to the bird and gently rubbed its chest with the back of his pointer finger. Why did Yunho call him special? What was Kai’s story? “What were you saying earlier before...to the bird?” He continued to rub the bird’s chest. “I told her I wasn't going to hurt her” he told him. No doubt about that since the bird got on his hand. “How do you know it's a female?” Kai held his hand up, with a low whistle sending the bird on flight. “She told me.” 
 
Kyungsoo went to take a shower as Kai began to show his uncle what they bought after dinner. Then images of him wearing the clothing–from when he tried them on at the boutique–came to mind. Each outfit he wore looking better than the last. The same sensation from earlier stirred up in his body once again. Just as intense as before. When he locked eyes with him, Kyungsoo felt something behind those brown eyes of his. Almost as if there was something hiding. It excited him. In fact, he felt excited the whole day. But during their time alone, outside of school, it was different. Being in the shower–alone–helped him realize it was excitement to another level. Looking down at his stand in full attention–he realized his thoughts and feelings were not pure. Kyungsoo was ually attracted to Kai. Seeing Kai in those clothing turned him on. He never thought that he would see the day when he would be attracted to another man like men were attracted to women. He never thought he would in the shower to a man like he was doing now. 
After drying himself off and putting on his clothing, Kyungsoo opened the door to the bathroom to find Kai standing with his towel ready to take his shower. “S–sorry I took a long time” he stammered. How long was he waiting there? “Are you better?” Did he know? His eyes lowered to his shorts. Kyungsoo’s cheeks grew red. No way. He rushed out the bathroom and into his room slamming the door behind him.