Sixth Chapter

Chances
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“I want Seon Deok as my personal guard!” Wang Eun interrupted in the middle of their family conversation during dinner time. His mother and younger brother looked at him confused. While his father had this expression that kind of gives the vibes that he was already expecting it from his son and just continued to eat his food without answering Wang Eun.

 

And as for the next day, Wang Eun wish came to effect. Coming out from his room, he was greeted by a fully armoured Seon Deok. A smile didn’t fail to lighten up his face seeing his long lost friend. But that smile disappeared when he saw the stubborn maknae behind Seon Deon, Jungkook with a smug smirk on his face which Wang Eun didn’t like. While Hyunwoo greeted him good morning accompanied with a bow which he returned back.

 

“joh-eun achim dangsin-ui jeon (Good Morning Your Highness..)” Seon Deok greeted with a bow towards Wang Eun. The Prince can hide the visible smile in his face while looking at the girl. “neoege joh-eun achim.(Good Morning To You Too...)” Wang Eun greeted back which made Seon Deok smile. OH! Happy can this day be for Wang Eun? Jungkook stood displeased at what he’s seeing, he’s never used to Seon Deok being close with other guys out of their circle. Effects of being the maknae, he’s used to his noonim’s full attention on him and his hyungs and not like this. While Hyunwoo stood on the side, feeling quite happy for their flower that she’s finally on the right track in picking up the what was supposed to be lost fragments of her memories. Then, Taehyung suddenly barged in with Hongbin and Prince Wang Jung. “Hyung-nim, Father said today is our free day. No studying or practicing for us for today.” Wang Jung merrily announced. Wang Eun grinned in delight, and let out a sigh of relief. “ Finally! A day without books, ink tablets, brush and papers. Plus no dreadful combat practice.” Wang Eun exclaimed making the others laugh at him. Seon Deok shook her head while smiling. “geuleohge manh-i gongbuhaneun geos-i jeongmallo silh-eungayo? (Do you really hate studying that much?)” Seon Deok asked out of nowhere in between laughing. “dangsin-eun .... malhal su issseubnida. (you can say that...)” Wang Eun answered while scratching the back of his neck. A little smile formed on Seon Deok’s face, “You’re lucky though.” Seon Deok sadly muttered before spacing out, looking at something more interesting that Wang Eun’s face. “pshhh...ungrateful prince...” It was the lowest of Jungkook’s voice but it didn’t fail to enter Wang Eun’s ears. His high spirits in the morning slumped low on the ground. The younger boys words struck him so much that it gradually started to ruin his morning. Seon Deok also heard what the maknae said. And she for some reason was not pleased at all to hear such words as well as to see the sad stricken face of the Prince. She turned to Jungkook who was standing nearby, “uliga seontaeghan dan-eodeul-e josimhaja Jungkook-ah. (Let's be careful with our choice of words Jungkook.)” She calmly told the maknae. Jungkook was startled at first; the calmness of a girl named Park Seon Deok is something that people who knows her fear most. Every time she’s pissed off, she does the opposite, ‘cause instead of getting angry, she actually keeps it calm but still oozing with such murderous aura. Jungkook immediately bowed down and apologized to her. “mianhada noonim! (I’m sorry noona!)” Jungkook apologized. A heavy sigh escaped Seon Deok’s mouth while closing her eyes to calm her nerves, “Im sorry about that Wang Ja-nim, our maknae is just too outspoken.” Seon Deok apologized in Jungkook’s behalf. Wang Eun looked up, to face her with an unpredictable smile on his face, “No worries, I get to hear that often. Nothing’s new anymore.” The prince answered nonchalantly like it was something that happens every day. While all of the people inside the room felt sad for him especially his younger brother who often witnesses such thing to happen to his brother. Indeed, out of the two Wang Eun is the stubborn prince while Wang Jung was the obedient one. The eldest prince often get’s compared to his younger brother but he none the less grew no hate towards Jung. He actually is really fond of the younger and even gives the more encouragement to Jung for he wants his younger brother to take over the throne rather than him. Being the next king wasn’t even in Wang Eun’s mind, he doesn’t want the throne for himself at all. If given the chance he would want to give it to Jung instead, his younger brother fits the role well than he does. All Wang Eun wants is to open up the biggest novelty shop all throughout the kingdom, nothing more nothing less.

 

“So, shall we head out?” Wang Eun interrupted the silence of the room with his most natural cheery voice. Seon Dook was again caught off-guard with his rather calm behaviour towards the earlier topic, “Where do you wish to go, Wang Ja-nim?” Hyun Woo responded to the princes’ call. “Town...” Wang Eun answered back with a smile. All of them looked at him questioningly. “Town, Hyung-nim?” Wang Jung, his brother asked, confirming his elder brother’s request. Wang Eun nodded. “Yes! The town...” He replied back again with that eye vanishing smile of his. “Are you sure Wang Ja-nim?” this time it was Hongbin’s turn to ask. Wang Eun turned to him with a confused look on his face. “Yes! I’am sure.” He answered in a very stern tone. Jungkook and Taehyung looked at each other while Seon Deok had a really confused look on his face while looking at Wang Eun, “But, the town is not that safe for two princes’ to go to your highness.” Hyun Woo started to explain, Wang Eun looked at him with a questioning look. “Were not sure if the people in town are really just villagers and not more than bandits.” Hongbin added, Wang Jung nodded in agreement then turned to his brother. But Wang Eun still looked at them questioningly, “Well, me and my brother have you five so why would we fear for our lives?” Wang Eun asked them which caught them all off-guard. “I hope you’re not forgetting that you five are the elites among all guards here.” Wang Eun added. The five of them just nodded their heads in response, unable to form any reply towards the prince good words towards them. “So, shall we...” again Wang Eun spoke and was first to exit the room followed by Seon Dook behind and as well as the others.

 

Taehyung and Jungkook took the job of getting two horses from the stables for the two prince while the rest of them waited outside after both prince said their goodbye’s to their queen mother while their father is with his advisers as of the moment. The two princes mounted their horses while the five of their guards walked on foot guiding the horses. They started to ventur their way in the woods to reach their destination. Seon Dook held one rope of the horse Wang Eun was riding while Taehyung held the other that Wang Jung was riding. Hyun Woo walked up front while Jungkook and Hongbin are guarding the rear. Their journey was quiet, contented to hear the sound wind hitting the trees making them sway to the soundless music of nature.

 

Though they were all silent, one was actually having an internal conflict going on in his mind. Wang Eun felt uncomfortable seeing a girl walk while he’s comfortable riding a horse. He wants to offer her the horse, just how a man should do it but that would for sure hurt the girls ego especially that she belongs to the most elite division of the guards. He’s been stealing glances of Seon Dook from time to time to see whether she’s getting tired or not, and those actions of his didn’t escape Hong Bin’s watchful eyes who has been observing the princes’ behaviour. He can’t help but smile at how the young prince is acting. Since this morning, The elder prince has been obvious with his fondness of his long lost friend. Maybe because he just misses the girl, but knowing their first meeting was just for one dreadful night and haven’t progressed not until yesterday, It made Hongbin feel confused to where the prince get’s this kind of longing to his friend without sharing long memories with her. Setting aside the thought he decided to intervene to the situation and offered Seon Dook to switch places so Wang Eun would feel more at ease.

 

“Deok-ah!” Hongbin called. Seon Dook looked to back to his direction. “Shall we switch places?” Hongbin offered, “It’s okay oppa, I can manage.” Seon Dook answered back reassuringly with that sweet voice of hers, far from the formal too serious authoritative tone. Wang Eun fell into her voices charm that his gaze was fixed only to her. “Let oppa do that job Seon Deok-ah...” Hongbin still insisted.

 

Seon Deok tilted her head looking at him, she has this look of a confused kid on her face with a little pout on her lips. While, Hongbin gave her that small smile of his. Wang Eun can feel his blood rushing to his face seeing how Seon Dook is acting all cute with Hongbin, proving that indeed they’ve been around each other for long for Seon Dook to act like this towards the older guy. Finally, Seon Dook agreed and gave the horses rope to Hongbin and took his spot that was beside Jungkook who was guarding the rear. Wang Eun still looked on to Seon Dook this time animatedly talking to the squads maknae, Jungkook. Hongbin held the rope, then a snicker escaped his mouth which caught Wang Eun’s attention. The prince turned to Hongbin with a questioning look.

 

“Please don’t feel weird towards Seon Dook Wang Ja-nim, this is how she usually is.” Hongbin said, turning to Wang Eun with a sincere smile. Wang Eun unknowingly nodded in response. “she’s gets serious sometimes but she’s really fun to be with.” Hongbin again said then looked back to the grinning Seon Dook while listening to whatever Jungkook is talking about. Hongbin turned to look at Wang Eun and this time he caught the prince smiling to himself while looking at the girl. And as expected Hongbin was right in thinking that indeed in such a short time, Wang Eun is already growing fond of the girl. “Her smile can brighten your day, right? Wang Ja-nim?” Hongbin nonchalantly asked but got the expected answer from the prince, a simple nod done by Wang Eun himself. And as if lightning struck him, he flinched in his spot and abruptly turned to Hongbin with his crimson cheeks. Wang Eun’s eyes went round in panic, why did his body take over him and answered that particular question of Hongbin. Hongbin on the other hand had this eyes vanishing smile in his face while looking at the princes’ embarrassed face. “aaaaaa...it’s...it’s not...it’s not what you think...it’s...” Wang Eun stuttered, trying to form a reason towards Hongbin. “gwaenchanh-a Wang Ja-nim, naega malhaji anh-eulkka geogjeonghaji masibsio. (It’s okay your highness, Don’t worry I won’t tell her.)” Hongbin told the prince. Wang Eun still felt embarrassed but there’s no way he’ll withdraw an answer that he himself kind of agrees with. His body may have acted earlier than he did but he would be answering the same thing anyway. Seon Dook smile can really brighten up someone’s day. He turned to look back at the girl, and again felt his blood rising as soon as he turned to see her looking at him as well. And it didn’t help at all that she smiled towards him, he responded with an awkward smile then immediately turned to the front. A giggle was heard from beside him, and when he turned Hongbin was trying hard to suppress his laugh. He side glance the prince to see Wang Eun looking at him sternly. Hongbin immediately stood in attention while Wang Eun turned to the front again while heaving a heavy sigh. “You should get used to it Wang Ja-nim.” The prince heard Hongbin, “rekindling your long lost bond with her means dealing with her different sides. Seon Dook is half serious & stern, but at the same time a big ball of positivity & happiness.” Hongbin said an obvious fondness in his tone. Wang Eun listened attentively, “You’ll just have to get to know her more Wang Ja-nim. You’ll never regret meeting someone like Park Seon Dook.” Hongbin added turning to the prince, it took Wang Eun a few moments before he responded with a nod and turned to glance at Seon Dook before turning back to Hongbin, “I know I’ll never regret meeting her again, and I’ll never lose this chance to get to know her more.” The prince answered with a sincere smile on his face. Hongbin felt delighted with what the prince said and nodded at the Wang Eun. “Were here...” Hyun Woo’s voice resonated from the front line. And true enough they can already see several houses getting in to their view.

 

Once they entered the town, they were welcomed by the guards on duty and the two princes’ presences were made known by the town crier. Everyone paid the two prince great respect despite of their surprise appearance. Reaching the center they greeted everyone with a great day and insisted on ignoring their presence and just do whatever there is for the villagers to do, just like a normal day for everyone. The people obeyed but some still demanded for the two princes’ attention but their guards were attentive enough to reciprocate any act that could harm the two princes’. By then the two royal’s unmounted their horses and walked on foot to see what the town has to offer. Fresh fruits and vegetables in the market were offered to the two for them to bring back to the king as a gift from the towns people for his kindness, clothes in some town boutiques were given to the two prince as presents, delicacies the town may offer were given for them to try and a few games were done by the two prince, a mystery to the two given that they live in a walled kingdom with not much knowledge of the fun outside of their secured home. As of the moment, they are in one of the vanity shops of the town where accessories like rings, necklaces, hair clips, hair pins, brooch and the like are sold. Wang Jung and Wang Eun are looking at the accessories perfect to bring back to their mother when Wang Eun came across with a crown shape blue crystals hair stick.

 

 He looked at the thing with full admiration; the accessory really looks beautiful that he can’t help but to stare at it. But, why is he even looking at something for a girl? He thought, and again the thought of getting something for their mother before coming across the thing his holding on to. “oh!annyeonghaseyo...” he suddenly heard Seon Dook’s calm voice not far behind. When he looked back he saw her kneeling down in front of a crying little girl. “neo wae eolin sonyeoleul uneungeoya? (Why are you crying little girl?)” Seon Dook asked while caressing the little girl’s back to comfort her.But as the moment pass the little girls cry grew louder and louder that made Soen Dook hug the little girl to ease the childs fright and worry. The scene warmed everyone’s heart especially Wang Eun’s “ohhhh... gwaenchanh-a... uliga ne eommaleul chaj-eul kka?” (ohhhh...it’s okay....shall we find your mother?)” Seon Dook said comforting the child, and in response, the little girl nodded. Seon Dook picked the child up holding the kid in her arms while the child hugged her from the neck still crying. “Hyun Woo Orabeuni...”Seon Dook turned to call for Hyun Woo but the latter already knows the situation and just nodded giving his permission for the girl to help the kid find its mother.

 

Wang Eun continued to look on to Seon Dook’s fleeing figure, but not getting farther from the vicinity, they saw an older woman stand in front of Seon Dook and a much more louder cry of the child upon seeing her mother and jumping in to her arms. Seon Dook carefully handed the kid who goes by the name of Ara to its mother. Seon Dook received a barrage of Thank you’s for helping the kid find her mother and sorry’s for interrupting Seon Dook during his work time. Seon Dook reassured the mother that it was nothing and she’s actually happy that she was of help. Then, Seon Dook excused herself to go back to her job, but before doing so, Ara gave her Seon Deok eonni a big hug and a kiss on the chick. The scene didn’t go unnoticed. From a distance,Seon Dook’s companions all have big smiles on their faces upon witnessing the heart warming scene, especially the elder prince whose actually happy seeing this other side of Park Seon Dook.

 

“It’s beautiful isn’t it?” he’s attention broke away from Seon Dook’s approaching image when he heard an old man voice, he turned to where the voice came from and saw a smiling old man standing before him. “That pin your holding, It’s beautiful isn’t it?” The old man again asked making Wang Eun look down on his hand clutching the pin.

 

 

“OH! It is indeed beautiful harabeonim.”  Wang Eun replied with a slight shock in his voice, “You know, that beautiful pin is previously owned by someone precious to me.” The old man started, Wang Eun looked at him with a puzzled look. “Then why would you be selling it harabeonim.won’t your wife get mad if you did this?” Wang Eun asked. The old man smiled at him and just shook his head “My wifes not around anymore...” The old man answered, Wang Eun felt confused with the old man’s words. “she left you?where did she go?” Wang Eun again asked not getting the old man’s words. The old man instead gave him a small smile before an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter