bonus

Please Stay
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Yoon-oh grunted at the hard vibrations that sparkled down his forearms from the clash of his sword against Doyoung’s. His arms shook at the trembling force, eyes burning through his opponent. Doyoung managed to give one hard push forward with his blade, causing them to both jump back. Gritting his teeth, Yoon-oh lunged at him, hands clasped against the sweaty black steel. Eyes widened from the sudden movement, Doyoung halted his hit, stepping back, while dodging his enemy’s strikes. A new batch of sweat broke across his forehead, eyeballs alarmingly bouncing back and forth from where Yoon-oh was pouncing him. He continued to block him, until he didn’t realize he left his blind spot opened. Jabbing Doyoung with his elbow, he watched him stumbled back before aiming for his ankle with his instep. His rival's feet were soon pushed off the ground with a loud smack. Doyoung winced at the aching pain of his back, while his hand began curling over the handle of his weapon. Before he could do anything, Yoon-oh knocked his sword as it cluttered on the floor and pointed his long, sharp edge toward his neck. 

With a huge, pleased grin, he announced, “I win.” His friend groaned in response, still waiting for his injury to ease. “Here.”

With a heavy exhale, the tall brunette grasped his arm, at the electrifying shock that went up his spine. “You know you didn’t have to knock me off my feet that hard.”

Yoon-oh shrugged. “Not like I didn’t mean to. Plus, it’s called training.” He gave a little mocking smile at the menacing scowl shot to him.

“So, how much long do we have until we finish?”

“We have another hour to spar, then we have to go running.”

He nodded, taking a big gulp of cold water, feeling his muscles instantly calm down in satisfaction to the refreshing beverage. 

“Another hour, you say.” Yoon-oh looked around to find Sungmin.

“Sungmin!” He waved in the air. 

The raven haired man glanced at him. “What is it?”

A proud and an excited smile stretched across his face. “Come and spar with me!”

The 24-year-old immediately swallowed a lump after glimpsing at Doyoung, whose face was still red and scrunched up from his back.

Returning an anxious laugh, he hesitantly said, “N-no, I’m good.”

His face dropped into frown, upset at his answer. “Why not? It’s fun.”

“It’s not fun if your back gets break into two,” he murmured. 

“What?”

“What about next time?” Sungmin didn’t wait for him to respond to his suggestion as he hurriedly scurried away.

Staring at him oddly as he ran, he circled around to watch his friend bent over, trying to soothe down his agony.  

“Hey, Doyoung, ready for round two?” He lifted an eyebrow, counting on his best buddy to approve.

He took no time in shaking his head to decline the offer. “No thanks.”

Before Yoon-oh could complain, he followed Sungmin, leaving the poor 18-year-old alone.

 

 

After working out for another three hours, Yoon-oh was out of breath. He rested his hands on his knees, while sweat trickled down his face and onto the ground. He later stood up to stretch out his arms together behind his back, flexing it out as his chest ed out.

The blazing sun was hotter than usual, while he continued to huff in and out. Desperate to cool down, he stripped off his shirt to mop off the excess steam. Once he was done, he crumpled it into a ball and tossed it next to his belongings. 

As he began to jog another lap, he instantly spotted a familiar figure in the corner of his eyes. Yoon-oh turned his head to meet Princess Chaeyoung standing on top of the hill. His stomach churns into a melting goo at the sight of her. His feet paused to give her a small wave, and that’s when she leaped back like she had seen a ghost. Her eyes broadened like a frog, jolted and flustered, while she immediately commenced to run away, until she ended up hobbling because of her long dress. The princess soon fell on her bottom with her arms leaned against the grass. 

“Princess Chaeyoung!” He shouted.

A tidal wave of concern splashed over him, and Yoon-oh instantaneously ran to her aid. He pushed hard against his front feet to sprint faster than he ever did, suddenly forgetting that a few seconds ago, he was densely panting like he was going to pass out from a heatstroke. 

Disregarding his exhaustion, he dropped his knees to the grass and lightly placed a hand on her back. He examined her frantically, while swishing his head back and forth to find any sign harm on her body.

“Princess Chaeyoung, are you alright?” Yoon-oh gaped at her.

The warrior was too occupied with her safety, that he failed to remember he was touching her. Especially when the butterflies in his stomach initiated a silly dance as his heart beats a riot. His face became scarlet red, and he definitely knew it wasn’t because of the workout. 

 

 

Princess Chaeyoung didn’t expect to find Yoon-oh when she went outside for a walk. Her eyes were filled with joy and enthusiasm with the corner of her lips raised upwards at the sight of the handsome warrior. She silently squealed to herself, dazing affectionately at him, like she was in a fairy-tail story, waiting to be rescued by her Prince Charming. 

A vast gasp fled her lips, a breath caught in between her lungs a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter