Crocus

Late Bloom
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yuta gazed at the man before him - his eyes were deep and dark as the sea, and beneath his glistening skin were lean muscles that ebbed and flowed with his every move. The water on the boys body slowly cascaded from his back down to his legs - which were tanned and toned from years of sports. Suddenly, they made eye contact, and Yuta felt his heart skip a beat.

As he reached a hand out to the mirror, Yuta's basking in own excellence was cut short by his roommate, Taeyong.

"You've been in there nearly an hour, Yuta" he called from the other side of the bathroom door, "God knows how much of that was spent looking in the mirror. I have class soon, so hurry up!"

"You'd do the same thing if you were me!" Yuta quipped back jokingly, and smiled to himself for a bit as he quickly dried his plum-colored hair. In order to give Taeyong a bit more time in the bathroom (and simultaneously mess with him), he opted to take his clothes and finish getting ready in his room. Doing so, he waltzed out the bathroom with but a towel to conceal his manhood, much to Taeyong's horror.

Mouth agape in histrionic disgust, Taeyong looked at his scantily clad roommate before face-palming. "Why are you like this?"

Yuta, infinitely bemused, responded slyly, "You said to hurry up~"

Taeyong shot his head up to argue, but seemed to decide he had no time and instead pushed past Yuta with a frustrated "Aish!​".

His morning appetite for chaos satisfied, Yuta strode into his room to make himself decent before heading out the apartment.

It was mid-march, nearly two months into the spring semester, and winters grip was as only just beginning to loosen. The pale gray skies threatened a late snow, and Yuta felt bad for the small buds peeking through the ground along the sidewalk. Burying his nose in his scarf and his hands in his pockets, he shuffled a bit faster towards class to escape the unusual cold front.

"It feels like spring comes later and later every year." Yuta's upperclassman and friend, Taeil, said as he slumped into the seat next to his dongsaeng. 

"It feels like you have the same habit when it comes to getting to class, hyung" Yuta jested in response, earning him a glare from Taeil - it's intended effect besmirched by his smile.

As Taeil removed his coat and scarf that were suddenly too hot, he entertained Yuta's banter, "I didn't come to class this morning to get roasted, Nakamoto."

"Why not?" the younger asked with a grin, "It'll warm you up."

Yuta laughed as Taeil wound a fist back as a jovial threat.

"Damn, I'm on fire today~" he said through his laughter.

Taeil laughed along and straightened up as their professor walked in, but slipped the last word in: "You will be soon if you keep that up."

After shooting his friend a toothy grin and a glance, Yuta turned to face Professor Lee Jin-ki, who surprisingly wasn't alone.

Next to him was a student who looked a bit younger than Yuta. His dark hair fell softly just below his brow, and his wide eyes flittered around the room nervously. Winter dress only served to accentuate his long and slender figure, making him appear even taller than he already was. Yuta and the other students studied him for a bit as their professor introduced him.

"Normally I wouldn't make an event out of it," Professor Lee began, "but we have a new student who will be with us for the remainder of the semester. He's part of the foreign exchange program, and as this is his first time in Korea, may have some trouble with speaking and comprehension. Nonetheless, I hope you all will warmly welcome him and offer any help should he need it." Speaking a bit more slowly, he addressed the student now, "Feel free to introduce yourself."

The dark-haired boy bowed to the professor before speaking, "Ah, um - hello, I'm Dong Sicheng... A foreign... exchange... student from China..." in a language he wasn't completely familiar with, his words fell like scattered raindrops. "I... look forward... to the rest... of the... semester... with you..." He finished with another bow and small smile, looking a bit unsure as to what to do next.

Yuta was way too mesmerized to even pay attention to was the boy was saying, instead only thinking "He's... so cUTE!!" Was there anything on this planet as adorable as this exchange student? Had scientists discovered him yet? Yuta's eyes were sparkling as he watched the boy bow, and felt an arrow go right through his heart when he smiled shyly. Yuta's cuteness-inspired daze was cut short when he noticed Professor Lee gesturing towards him.

The professor leaned close to Sicheng and spoke to him in a voice too low for the rest of the class to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter