[ i ]

Dear Ü

You impatiently waited for a halo as you drummed your fingers on the desk. It had been 5 days of silence between the two of you and you knew that was your fault—or at least you thought so. You could’ve forgotten it and been as careless as he ever be, if just you weren’t you. The you, who overthought about just everything, and the you, who couldn’t bear hurting someone. The saying of “when she hurts, she cries, and when she’s hurt, she cries” was so relatable to you. Or, maybe, it was because you had such a big fear of getting hurt that you really hated hurting people. And out of all people, he was the last you wanted to hurt.

<< Flashback 5 Days Ago

To: A

I feel like... liking someone(?)

It was late at night when you texted him. The reason was clear, you couldn’t sleep. It had become your habit to text him whenever you couldn’t sleep.

You had his number saved as A in your phone, simply because you knew you’d be contacting him often and it’d be easier if you found his number right after you opened your contact list. His number was on the very top of the list.

From: A

And then?

To: A

I can’t sleep:( this is my first time

From: A

Why don’t you try to talk to him?

To: A

WHAT!? Are you insane? I would never be able to do that!!

From: A

You’re not able to say you can’t sleep? Maybe he can sing you lullaby

To: A

Oh, I thought you were telling me to say I love you to him. However, I don’t think I have the nerve to talk to him

>> >>

“Halo?”

“Hey!” you greeted excitedly, your back straightened up. “How have you been?”

“been well.”

“Are you... that mad at me? Do you hate me that much?”

“What are you talking about? Ofcourse no, I’m not mad at you. And why do I hate you?” he chuckled a few times between his words, which made you feel relief. He wasn’t that mad anymore.

“Ah... really? But you were, right?”

“That was nothing. What are you taking me as, anyway. It’s not like I’m someone else.”

“You’re stranger.” You grinned, he had always been saying you didn’t know him. You knew he meant a joke, but you couldn’t avoid the spark of pain from it. And you hoped he knew you meant a joke too.

“Right, then. Why would I get mad at stranger?” you could hear, his chuckles were almost at every space between his words.

“Of course you would! For example, uhm.... when you’re driving, someone else is inconsiderately driving. You get mad, right?”

“But that’s just for temporary.”

“Then you were temporarily mad at me?” you laughed, somehow you got some satisfaction from it. “Okay, I’m sorry.”