Chapter 1

Dangerous Weapons

 

April 1, 2007:  JYP Building, Seoul, South Korea

The rehearsals and daily practices were cut short, as an announcement sounded off from the speakers of every floor. It was JYP, and he was calling for a meeting. Everyone stopped what they were doing and headed off to the meeting room.

Just a perfect timing; the staff and production crew were just dismissed. It was time for the artists and the rest of the trainees to know what was going on.

Sun Ye, Sohee and Sun Mi quietly sat down at the near end of the room when they found three seats. Jo Kwon and Jinwoon sat a few seats away from Ye Eun and Yoobin while 2PM and the others occupied to two rows of seats in front.

Park Jin Young stood before them with a happy face. “I’m sorry to bother your schedules on such a short notice but our branch in China has just sent in two talents today. I thought it would be better to introduce them to all of you sooner,” he said as he stepped backward to stand beside the three girls.

“They’ve been learning Korean while in China, just like you guys learning Chinese here. Since we have them now, they’d be able to help you too,” he smiled at the three girls then to his audience. “Girls, please introduce yourselves.”

The one with short hair stepped forward first. “Annyeong haseyo,” she bowed as she greeted. “My name is Meng Jia and I from China. I hope to work with everyone well. Nice to meet you,” she smiled as she ended her statement. Everyone was amused as to how her Korean was so close to perfection.

The next girl shyly stepped forward and bowed like that of the first. “My name is Wang Fei Fei. I’m pleased to meet you all,” she said. The last girl stepped forward and smiled before she could even say anything. “Hello everyone, my name is Woo Hye Lim and I’m not actually Chinese. I just grew up in Hong Kong but I was born in Korea. If you have any problems learning Chinese, please feel free to ask us because we’d be glad to help,” she ended her sentence and bowed once more.

The crowd before them clapped their hands in amusement. JYP said his final words and dismissed everyone, letting them have a chance to interact with the new trainees.

“Hi, hi! Jia I’m Junsu, nice to meet you!” Junsu took a hold of Jia’s hand and forcefully shook it with ease. Jia smiled at him. “Nice to meet you too, Junsu-sshi,” she replied. Seulong approached Fei and tried his charms on him. “Wassup Fei Fei?” he raised his hand up for a high five. Fei did reply to that high five and the two talked as they walked back to the practice areas. As for Lim, she talked to the girl trainees.

But there was one person who wasn’t really happy about what just appeared before his eyes a while ago.

Taecyeon walked side by side Khun who was busy texting. He had a serious look on his face, trying to hide the anxiousness he felt.

“Hey man, what’s with the long face? You look stressed,” Khun said as he noticed his band mate sweating. “I am? Oh, it’s too hot here isn’t it?” Taecyeon made an excuse. “Ohoho! So those Chinese chicks hit you hard huh?” Khun teased. “Which one, dude? That badass looking chick or that demure one...but I think she’s older than I am...or something. I hope she doesn’t hide her real age,” he continued on. “Shut up, man. Do you even know what you’re talking about?” Taecyeon shoved the playful Khun.

They stopped at the cafeteria for some drinks and sat down for awhile. As they drank and cooled off, Khun’s phone rang. “I gotta get this, I’ll be back in a sec,” Khun stood up and answered his phone. “Sure thing,” Taecyeon drank from his juice bottle and leaned his back on the chair. He closed his eyes to relax for a few minutes until he heard something.

The clacking of a woman’s heels sounded louder and louder as it came towards his way. He opened his eyes and looked towards the direction where it was coming from and saw a girl, a very familiar face; a face he once knew before he even became part of the family he was with now.

His whole body was in shock but he kept his cool and cleared his throat. “I thought you were dead,” he said while avoiding eye contact. “Do you think I’m that easy to kill?” she sat down in front of him and took a good look on his face.

“You’ve grown but you’ve never changed your ways, have you, hunter?” she asked and grinned. “Meng Jia. You let them call you by your real name now, huh?” he replied and glared at her. “And stop calling me by that name, I’m no hunter,” he added. “Well you used to be. Isn’t it nice to recall some pieces of the past?” Jia asked and put her arms on the table. “I don’t know why you’re here and what you’re up to. But I’ll make sure that you’re not going to succeed at whatever you’re planning to do around here,” Taecyeon said with a serious look on his face.

“Psh, now you’re talking like a man right there. You know what? That’s actually good. You’ve changed somehow. Headmaster would be really happy once he sees you,” Jia played with her hair and smiled at him, an evil smile that made him want to punch her. “You’re still working with them after what they did to you? You’re crazy,” he sighed and put aside his juice bottle.

“At least I’m not a coward,” Jia answered with confidence and leaned forward to his face. “I’ll be watching you,” she smiled at him, stood up and walked past the astonished Nichkhun.

“Did she just intimately talk to you?!” Khun’s eyes flashed with amazement on Taecyeon’s charm. “Teach me, master!” he jokingly begged as Taecyeon’s secretly clenched fists relaxed.


 

Chapter 2 in progress.

PS: I'm sorry about One Missed Call. I kind of lost inspiration. But here's Taecyeon again!