Spoiler : Characters

[Multichap] Liminal

WARNING: Might contain spoilers, as we have yet to know what Subaru and Yoko is, and Yabu's story. And it hasn't been revealed most about the Keepers, but if you want to proceed, feel free too.

I warned you. *wink*





LIMINALS

YAMAA TOMOHISA

yamapi3griffin

Liminal: Griffin
Liminal Type: Felines
Liminal Color: Golden
People killed: One whole family with a pregnant woman in his unconscious state. None in his conscious state.
Special ability: Griffin is known to be the strongest Liminal alive. It has the strength of a lion, speed and accuracy of an eagle. Even though he rarely fight, he is the type of Liminal that any Liminals would squirm away upon the name. However, even though Griffin had wings, it does not have the ability to fly.


NISHIKIDO RYO

ryo158phoenix

Liminal: Phoenix
Liminal Type: Bird
Liminal Color: Red
People killed: Indirectly Takki in his unconscious state. Ueda in his conscious state. None other than those two.
Special ability: Phoenix is immortal, the symbol of birth and rebirth. The only creature that even though he wanted to die, he will be reborn as himself again. It controls the fire, and is the god of heat. There is known to be nothing on earth that a Phoenix cannot burn - he can even burn himself.


HIDEAKI TAKIZAWA

takkiunicorn

Liminal: Unicorn
Liminal Type: Equine
Liminal Color: White
People killed: None in both, conscious and unconscious state.
Special ability: Unicorn is a mysterious creature. He is viewed differently from Liminal and humans perspective. Between Liminals, he is known to be the saviour. He has a spiral horn that can stab to save instead of kill, and the ability to lead an army of strong Liminals. In the humans eyes he is seen as the leader and the culprit behind Liminality. He is the Liminal that believed that Liminals and humans can coexist peacefully, and had been trying to bring back the normal life in each Liminals. He did his own research and documented each of his findings in books. The truth behind his spiral horn is remain unclear until one point of the series.


MATSUMOTO JUN

Matsumoto Junmerman

Liminal: Merman
Liminal Type: Fish
Liminal Color: Blue
People killed: Tenth of unknown people in his unconscious state. None in his conscious state.
Special ability: Merman has the ability to control water, making a shape out of it, or even make a sharp spear or just a fine needle. Living up to his name as the King of the Sea, all the merman need is a tiny bit of water and the fight is his.


HIROKI UCHI

uchi75fae

Liminal: Fae
Liminal Type: Fairy
Liminal Color: Pink
People killed: None in both, conscious and unconscious state.
Special ability: Fae is not the fighting type. It is a very benign Liminal that has a very tiny size and usually just fly around harmlessly. He is, however, the only type of Liminal that has the special ability to cure others with bare hand. In rare occasion, the fae would use some acupuncture needles to assist himself.


SHIBUTANI SUBARU

subaruchiron

Liminal: Chiron
Liminal Type: Equine
Liminal Color: White
People killed: Tenth of unknown people in his unconscious state. None in his conscious state.
Special ability: Chiron is half human half horse, and is known to be the intelligent and civilized Liminal. He is the master of archery, and therefore isn't suitable for a close range combat. He is, however, due to his intelligency, is believed to be Takki's best assistance, and is believed to be the second leader of the Liminals.


YOKOYAMA YUU

yokowhite tiger

Liminal: Byakko / White Tiger of the West
Liminal Type: Felines
Liminal Color: Golden
People killed: Tenth of unknown people in his unconscious state. None in his conscious state.
Special ability: Byakko is the symbol of the long life. Believed to be appeared when the emperor ruled with absolute virtue, he is known to be the guardian of peace. He is also known to be the king of all beast, whom stored the experience of 500 years of life.


KEEPERS

KAMENASHI KAZUYA

kame2

Position: Leader, Strategist
Motivation: Kame joined the Keepers as the K of KAT-TUN when his family died after being killed by a Liminal. During that incident, Kame was not at home, thus he was saved. Gathering all the informations from the passers by, Kame decided to join the Keepers to help protecting the humans, as well as tracking back the Liminal that killed his family.


AKANISHI JIN

jin10

Position: Strategist, Fighter
Motivation: Jin is known to be a Loner. He rarely fight with the rest of KAT-TUN and usually goes by his own pace. It is believed that it was because their style is different. Jin joined the Keepers to help the humans, and in Jin's definition, the Liminals are humans. He refused to kill when it is not needed. Whether his style would bring positive or negative impact is yet to be known.


TAGUCHI JUNNOSUKE

junno4

Position: Fighter
Motivation: Taguchi joined the Keepers because he believed the Liminals are evil creatures that brings suffer to the world. However, he is always seen by his colleagues as someone not too motivational at this job as he has yet to kill any Liminals, aside from those he assisted with Ueda. Even though people see him as the weakest Keeper, his true strength is kept unknown.


TANAKA KOKI

koki5

Position: Fighter
Motivation: Koki, along with Ueda, is known to be the strongest Keepers. He is believed to be able to fight monsterous Liminals that are ten times larger than his size. He is Kame's partner, and they rarely fight separately. Koki's motivation is Kame himself. When he first met the young Kame, crying for losing his family by the side of the road, Koki offered the warmth of comfort, and joined the Keepers with Kame to fight the Liminals.


UEDA TATSUYA

ueda271dragon

Position: Fighter
Motivation: Ueda along with Koki is known to be the strongest Keepers. He is a martial arts disciple and is the only Keeper that killed Liminals before even becoming a Keeper. One day when his parents were having conflicts and started to fight each other, his parents became Liminals themselves and went berserk. Ueda killed his parents himself with tears, both his eyes and his soul. He joined the Keepers after that, and is paired with Taguchi all the time. The story begins when he left KAT-TUN and set his own journey without Taguchi for the first time, and ended up being a Liminal himself, which made him the first and only Keeper ever become one.
Liminal: Dragon
Liminal Type: Reptile
Liminal Color: Green
People killed: None in both, conscious and unconscious state.
Special ability: Dragon is the symbol of the beginning and the ending. It has the ability to spit fire from mouth with scaly skin which can reflect some minor attack - usually from humans. It is believed that the dragon is one of the important Liminals in history, the divine reptile that hold the key to end Liminality.


NAKAMARU YUICHI

nakamaru4

Position: Scholar, Researcher
Motivation: Maru is the only Keeper that never participate in the battle field. He is the one who started KAT-TUN as the Keepers, and the one appointing Kame as the Leader due to the apparent leadership he saw inside Kame. He is the prodigy who found out that the Liminals that died would produce pearls, and the pearls can react to some stimulation and produce power from the pearl. With this findings, he created the Peacock Stone which can stimulate the Liminal pearls, and chose the other five to be in the team. He is believed to know almost all types of Liminal, and is being the reference by his teammate. He trusts Ueda with every information he has because he believes Ueda's sense of justice. He is still researching the Liminality, and getting closer to what he is trying to unfold the most - the peace.


HUMANS

YABU KOTA

yabu

Workplace: Pet shop
Story: Yabu owns a small pet shop which he took over from his late parents. When his parents turned into a Liminal, Jin encountered him and killed his parents because the situation had become out of control. But in return, Jin promised he would take care of Yabu, and he will try his best not to kill the innocent Liminals if his life is not at stake. Yabu however, believed Jin had done his best, and refused the special treatment. But due to the guilt Jin is bearing, he agreed to have a brother relationship with Jin and agreed to take care of the Liminals Jin caught behind the store of his pet shop. Over the years, Yabu learnt to live around the Liminals, and he gradually get used to the creatures.