All Hail the Mighty Siyeon

Watch Out, She Bites.

A/N: First day of school and my morning class got cancelled due to the weather. Not one to let such opportunities pass me by, I quickly finished this before I had to leave for my afternoon class. Living where it snows is not all bad I guess. 

 

Minkyung is a little thrown off to say the least, when she joins Pledis and the first thing her appointed leader says is ‘Watch out for Siyeon. She bites.’ Considering she is given no context, Minkyung is reasonably worried. She half expected Nayoung to say something like ‘Welcome’ or even ‘Let me introduce you to the rest of the girls’, not ‘one of them is probably going to bite you so yeah, there’s that’. Nayoung walks off after that short introduction, seemingly expecting Minkyung to follow after her. Minkyung does of course, quite unsure of what else to do. Nayoung leads her to the building’s basement. A rather nauseating mixture of sweat and perfume greets her as she plunges further into the line of practice rooms. The music reverberating off the walls jolts her out of her haze. Nayoung stops in front of one of the rooms and Minkyung nearly walks into her.

“Ready?”

Before Minkyung has the chance to reply, Nayoung has already opened the door. The music stops mid-song, and all eyes turn to her. Minkyung swallows thickly. She quickly scans the room, trying to figure out who the hell Siyeon is.

“Who’s this?”

“Minkyung. She’s the newest member of our pre-debut team.”

There’s a collective silence that follows her introduction, until a young girl with long raven locks strolls across the room, stopping mere inches from Minkyung. She flashes her a toothy grin.

“I’m Siyeon.”

Minkyung chokes on her own spit.

-

Minkyung adjusts rather quickly to the Pledis Girlz. Nayoung’s warning from her first day never really coming to fruition. Siyeon is nice enough, and hasn’t tried to bite her. So Minkyung forgets about it after a while.

“We’ll be back in a few days.” Nayoung states, grabbing her discarded backpack off the floor.

Jieqiong is going to China to visit her family, and the ever-caring leader (who only seems to care about Jieqiong) has decided to accompany her. Minkyung lazily waves her off, never one for overt goodbyes. It’s not like the two aren’t ever coming back.

“Oh Minkyung?” Minkyung glances up from her phone. “Watch out for Siyeon. She is a bit too mischievous when left to her own devices.”

Minkyung nods, not really paying the older girl too much attention. How much trouble could a fifteen year old be? Minkyung should’ve listened.

-

“I’m bored.” Siyeon whines.

“Read a book.”

“No.”

“Go watch TV.”

“No.”

“Bother somebody else.”

“No.”

Minkyung groans, slamming her face further into her pillow. Maybe if she stays there long enough she’ll suffocate, and Siyeon won’t be able to annoy her anymore. The other side of the room falls silent and Minkyung begins to drift off to sleep. A sharp pain on the underside of her arm jolts her awake.

“What the ?!” Minkyung shrieks.

She inspects her arm and finds small indents in her skin.

“Did you just bite me?”

Siyeon grins at her, running her thumb across her lower lip to wipe away the saliva that had collected itself there.

“You weren’t paying attention to me.” Siyeon shrugs.

“So you bit me?!”

“It worked didn’t it? Now come on, lets go.”

“Go where?”

“I want ice cream.”

Any and all protest Minkyung has brewing dies in the back of when Siyeon slips out of her night shorts and into a pair of skinny jeans. It’s not like this is a new occurrence. Siyeon is always parading around in less clothing than she probably should be. Minkyung should be used to it, but that doesn’t stop the air from being out of her lungs every time she catches a glimpse of an ample amount of Siyeon’s bare skin.

“Come on Minky.” Siyeon smirks.

Minkyung flips her off, but clambers out of bed anyways. It’s like twelve degrees outside and Minkyung is pretty sure her fingers are frozen, but at least Siyeon has stopped bugging her.

-

“What now?” Minkyung groans when she feels her bed dip, sheets flipping over to the opposite side of the bed.

Siyeon climbs in next to her, snuggling against her.

“I can’t sleep.” She mutters.

“So I have to suffer too?”

“Now you’re getting it.” Siyeon snickers.

“You’re annoying.”

“You love me.”

Minkyung stiffens at the word. Of course she loves Siyeon. She’s her maknae (Well, minus Kyla, but she’s in America right now so technically Siyeon is the youngest), and Minkyung is the second oldest. She’s supposed to take care of Siyeon. Even if she does dote on her more than the other members. Siyeon’s teeth sink into the soft shell of Minkyung’s ear. The older girl shrieks, tumbling out of bed to land flat on her back.

“Are you okay?” Siyeon giggles.

Ignoring the pain shooting up her spine, Minkyung leans on her elbows to gawk at Siyeon.

“Siyeon. What. The. Actual. .”

“What?”

Innocent looks have always been Siyeon’s strong suit, and today is no different, her signature puppy eyes trying to distract Minkyung from the fact that she’d just had the older girls ear lobe in .

“You bit my ear!” Minkyung shouts.

“You weren’t listening to me.” Siyeon counters.

“So nudge me. Flick my forehead. Do literally anything else a normal person would do to grab somebodies attention. Don’t ing stick your tongue in my ear!”

“It worked didn’t it?” Siyeon smirks.

The younger girl flips her hair dramatically over her shoulder before curling back up in Minkyung’s sheets. Minkyung lies back down, deciding the floor is more comfortable anyways. She’s not going anywhere near Siyeon right now.

“Come back here.” Siyeon whines. “I’m cold.”

Minkyung is grateful Jieqiong isn’t here when she scrambles back into bed with Siyeon. She really doesn’t want to listen to the younger girls' incessant teasing about how ‘weak-hearted’ she is when it comes to Siyeon.

-

Minkyung wakes up the next morning with Siyeon literally on top of her. After the ear-biting incident last night, Minkyung wants to get as far away from the younger girl as possible. She’s tired of explaining the little black and blue marks that look ‘suspiciously like teeth marks’ as Eunwoo would say. Coming up with an excuse as to why Siyeon bit her arm is easy. Coming up with an excuse as to why Siyeon bit her ear, that would prove to be a bit more challenging. Minkyung moves slowly, quietly trying to slip out from under Siyeon without disrupting the younger girls slumber. She’s almost all the way out when she feels something wet on her bare skin, and then the sharp pain that follows.

“!” Minkyung curses, shoving Siyeon off.

She could honestly care less about disturbing the younger girl now. Minkyung grasps at her collarbone, and she can already feel the skin starting to swell underneath her fingertips.

“You really need to stop doing that.”

Siyeon rubs her eyes sleepily, glancing at Minkyung.

“Why? I think you like it.”

Minkyung flushes, sputtering out incoherent sentences.

“Why would-”

“That doesn’t-”

“I don’t-”

Minkyung slumps against the headboard with a huff, arms crossing over her chest in defiance. Siyeon grins, pulling herself into the older girls lap.

“It’s okay to like it you know.” Siyeon muses, arms loosely encircling Minkyung’s neck.

Siyeon leans in close to whisper, “I like it too.”

Minkyung’s mind goes blank. What the is that supposed to mean? All rational goes out the window when she feels Siyeon’s teeth sink into her earlobe for the second time. This time however, it’s softer, Siyeon gently tugging against the skin. The younger girl releases the appendage with a subtle ‘pop’, and Minkyung’s entire body shuts down. It takes her a few minutes to regain consciousness, but by the time she does Siyeon is gone. Minkyung groans, slamming her face in her pillow. A lot. A fifteen year old can cause a lot of trouble.

-

Minkyung avoids Siyeon like the plague. She knows the younger girl has noticed. Siyeon tries to approach her, but Minkyung takes off running in the other direction every time Siyeon even looks at her. Minkyung will not admit that Siyeon is right. Minkyung does not want Siyeon to be right. Minkyung hates that Siyeon is right.

“You’re being weird. Well, weirder than usual.” Eunwoo chides, striding into Minkyung’s room like she owns the place.

“Leave me alone.” Minkyung grumbles.

“Yeah, leave her alone.” Yebin agrees.

Minkyung jolts out of bed, eyeing the shorter girl suspiciously. Yebin never takes her side… ever.

“She’s having an existential crisis because Siyeon is making her question her uality.”

There it is. Minkyung rolls her eyes.

“I already know my uality.” Minkyung scoffs.

“I didn’t know Siyeon was a uality.” Yebin smirks.

Minkyung has half a mind to haul off and smack the younger girl, but she knows Nayoung would be very disappointed in her if she were to come home and find Yebin ‘missing’. Even if it is just Yebin.

“So that’s why you’re being so weird. What’s the problem? Siyeon’s hot.” Eunwoo shrugs.

Minkyung hurls a pillow at her, catching the younger girl square in the face.

“Siyeon is like twelve. Don’t talk about her like that!” Minkyung shouts.

“Oh so I can’t, but you can? The double-standards in this group are ridiculous.” Eunwoo mutters.

Minkyung groans, falling back into her bed. She’s having a hard enough time as it is, and Yebin and Eunwoo aren’t helping. Yebin takes a seat next to Minkyung on the bed.

“Look, I get you’re having a hard time admitting your… we’ll say they’re innocent feelings for Siyeon’s sake…” Minkyung glares at her. “But can you get it together a little quicker? You’re not the only one having a hard time.”

“What do you mean?”

“Siyeon’s really upset you’re ignoring her. She practically kisses the ground you walk on ever since you first showed up. She loves you… in a romantic sense or not… and she misses you.”

Minkyung sighs. Being in a group of very attractive girls is hard.

-

Siyeon has never been hard to find. She’s either in her bed, or in the practice room. Never one to stray far, Siyeon likes familiarity. She likes consistency. She has her routine, and god bless the person who tries to change it. Minkyung follows the thumping music down the stairs to the basement. The sickening stench of sweat and perfume hits her all at once, but it doesn’t bother her like it used to. It’s almost comforting. Minkyung lingers in front of the practice room. She hasn’t been this nervous since her first day. She in a shaky breath and turns the knob, immediately greeted by a rather sweaty Siyeon. It’s quite clear the younger girl has been here for hours, dancing out her frustrations. Siyeon stops mid-step when she catches Minkyung’s reflection in the mirror. The music continues, but the world around them stops. Siyeon moves first, diverting her gaze to the still blaring stereo. She shuts it off, but doesn’t move otherwise.

“What?”

Minkyung flinches at her tone. If Siyeon is speaking to her like this, she knows she sincerely ed up.

“If you have something to say then say it. If not… I’m busy.”

Minkyung wants to tell her. Wants to tell Siyeon she’s been right all along, but nothing comes out. Her lips stay in a thin line, as if they’re glued together. Siyeon spins on her heels, shooting Minkyung a glare so cold the temperature in the room seems to have dropped a few degrees. Siyeon brushes by her, grabbing her discarded duffle bag off the floor before making her escape. As soon as Siyeon touches the handle, Minkyung’s brain begins to start functioning.

“I’m sorry!” Minkyung shouts.

Siyeon freezes.

“I-I’m sorry I was ignoring you Siyeon. I just… I needed some time.”

“Some time for what?” Siyeon asks, turning to face the older girl. “Some time to figure out how to reject me? I’m not a little kid. You could’ve just told me. I can handle it.”

Minkyung shakes her head. “That’s not it.”

“Then what is it? You better have a really good reason for shutting me out like this.”

“I needed some time to come to terms with you being right. I really didn’t want you to be right.”

Siyeon quirks a brow in confusion, and Minkyung thinks it might be the cutest thing she’s ever seen, Siyeon trying so hard to understand what she means. Then it switches, and Siyeon smirks. Minkyung swallows thickly. The bag on her shoulder slips to the floor, and Siyeon approaches slowly. Minkyung retreats with every step Siyeon takes, but she can only go so far. She curses under breath when she hits the mirror. Siyeon steps in front of her, trapping her in place. The younger girls arms snake around Minkyung’s neck, fingers twirling around in her hair.

“I do tend to be right.” Siyeon grins, and Minkyung fights off the urge to roll her eyes. “You should just listen to me in the first place.”

“Yeah. Yeah.” Minkyung grumbles. “All hail the mighty Siyeon.”

Siyeon’s grin widens. “Say it.”

“What? That you were right? Fine, you were right.”

“No, not that.”

“That I like you? Fine, I like you.”

Siyeon pouts, indicating that’s not what she wanted either. Minkyung racks her brain, a little light going off when her mind locates the correct words.

“Oh!” Minkyung gasps. “I lov-”

Minkyung thinks she might have died the minute Siyeon presses their lips together. It’s soft and sweet (nothing like how Siyeon normally is), and too damn short for Minkyung’s liking. She wonders what it would be like to do it again until she feels a sharp pain in her lower lip, causing her to jolt back into reality.

“Did you just bite me?”

“You weren’t paying attention to me.”

“Sorry. I have a very short attention span. Maybe you should try again.”

Siyeon smiles, flashing Minkyung her pearly whites. “Maybe I should.”

-

Minkyung wonders if it’s noticeable. She’d thrown on some lip tint this morning in order to hide the discoloration, but she's not sure if it will fool anyone. Nayoung strolls into the kitchen looking like the undead. Redeye flights will do that to you. Minkyung has taken exactly one in her life, and she swore never to do it again. Nayoung grudgingly goes about her morning, grabbing a cup of coffee before plopping down in the seat across from Minkyung.

“Long night?” Minkyung asks, earning a halfhearted nod from the older girl.

Nayoung sips on her coffee, staring off into space like normal. The girl has never really been a morning person.

“How were things while I was gone?”

“Fine.” Minkyung mumbles in between spoonful’s of cereal.

The silence returns, only the sound of Minkyung chewing echoing throughout the kitchen. Nayoung finishes her coffee, discarding the empty cup in the sink before heading out to wake the rest of the girls. She stops in the doorway, flashing Minkyung a rarely seen smile.

“I told you she bites.”

Minkyung chokes.