Chapter 1- The Beggining

To The Beyond

it was 5 in the morning and i was stuck in a car packed to the brim with people ready to go to our annual family camping trip. part of the group this year was no other than my brothers best friend chanyeol.

soon the car had been started and we were on our way. with that i put on my headphones and tried to block out the two annoying boys sitting either side to me hoping to survive the next 4 hours.

suddenly screams could be heard from next to me, quickly i moved to take out my blaring loud music.

“uH HUH, SURE” announced kyungsoo

“i wAS NOT FLIRTING WITH YOUR SISTER” said the boy from my right

“YES YOU WERE- I SAW THE WAY YOU LOOKED AT HER JUST THEN!”

“oh my god” i whispered burying my face into my palms from embarrassment “what is thiss???”

“ALRIGHT ALRIGHT” i shouted sending the small car into silence once again. “hey…” kyungsoo trails off “i was just trying to stop my best friend from flirting with my little sister god” he lowers his head. “listen. chanyeol was not flirting with me so can you drop it ok?” i ask pulling the hoodie of my sweater over my head and tightening the strings “but what if i was?” chanyeol says sticking his elbow into my side

all of a sudden kyungsoo hit chanyeol in the back of the head forcing him to shut up

only 3 and a half hours more or so right?

 

At this point in the trip we had successfully gotten through maybe 1 and a half to 2 hours without a bump- with was great, until now. 

i watched as the car turned down the familiar windy road that my mum thought to be a short cut to our family camping spot, never the less i was 100 percent sure it was at least 30 to 40 minuets longer than just taking the highway. my thoughts started drifting and before i knew it i was thinking about chanyeol. how and why did i get so cause up in his playboy act? Infact, i remember the first time chanyeol had came over to our house. i was in my room while they were in kyungsoos, which is directly next to mine and since the walls in our house were practically paper thin i heard every word they said,  I can still vaguely remember their conversation that day.

 

"yeah i let her go too" chanyeol says casually

"god man, so how many girls are you dating again?" kyungsoo asks back

"3" he casually states again

 

from that day my brother had become protective of me and chanyeols every interaction and i knew exactly why, in fact i clearly knew that i didn’t want to be anywhere near that not 2, but 3, timing playboy. he did it to every girl he stumbled upon and i knew it too well having to hear their conversations every week. i wasn’t going to fall for his act—

 “oh my god” i whisper to myself 

“oh my god— i think I’m gonna hurl”

Before too long we had pulled into the closest town and i had begun my mission to keep the vomit down. “are you ok?” Chanyeol asked sweetly placing his hand on my shoulder, why was he being such a flirt all of a sudden, he’s had more than 7 years to try, but why now? 

“nonononononono no.” kyungsoo flicks chanyeols hand off me and hands him 12 dollars, “go get her something to eat” he says bitterly waving chanyeol away. “kyungsoo- im not a baby. i can handle myself” i whisper harshly “look here, your my little sister and i will baby you all i want.” he say poking me in the stomach, why, out of all things, in the stomach. oh god. i closed my eyes preparing for what was about to come up. literally. as soon as i opened my eyes up again there was my shocked brother covered in vomit.

“I’m so-o sorry” I mummer wiping my mouth

kyungsoo was just sitting there in shock.

“I’m gonna, I’m gonna go-“ he said getting up, a look of pure trauma plastered to his face as he walked to the closest toilet. before i knew it chanyeol had run back from the shop with a guava & peach juice and a grilled cheese sandwich. 

goddamnit he knew me too well. 

abruptly the lanky boy had taken a seat next to me and my concerned parents while handing me my food. “are you ok?” he asked reaching from my shoulder once again (mind you this time there was no kyungsoo to come and protect me) “I’m fine- just a little bit of car sickness thats all.” i manage taking a bite of the toastie “uhm.. thanks for this?” i said not know if it counted cause if it was actually kyungsoos money “thats ok” he smiled “i could tell something was up, you were acting weird in the car” he continued “mmm” i mumble taking sip of my drink. “oh” chanyeol said reaching out is hand. i watched as it got closer and closer to my face, i was frozen, then- thank god- without warning my brother came crashing between us “looks like you got something on your mouth there” he said basically shoving a napkin in my face “you better fix that nari”.

 

im rewriting the story lol but idk if itll be good