Perfect Stranger: II

Perfect Strangers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ryeowook stirs awake when he hears loud giggles.

His eyes grow huge when he realizes that, oh , he’s leaning against something hard and possibly human and then when he feels the solid surface actually moving, Ryeowook almost jumps out of his seat. Oh no no no, how could this happen? He fell asleep against his seatmate chest! And his seatmate isn’t just anyone, it’s Jung Yunho, TVXQ’s U-know Yunho!! A part of Ryeowook is mentally cursing himself but another part of Ryeowook (the fanboy part of him) is over the ing moon.

Ryeowook puts some distance between the both of them while he watches in horror as Yunho stirs awake. Yunho blinks and Ryeowook resist the urge to coo because aw, he looks like a cat – a giant cat- but still a cute giant cat. Yunho turns his head and when his eyes meet Ryeowook, they crinkle into crescents as he smiles into the cutest eye-smiles ever.

“Good morning,” Ryeowook finds himself smiling along.

“Mmmm,” Yunho stretches his arms, “Had a good sleep?”

Ryeowook feels his cheeks blush because Yunho’s kind of giving him this knowing smirk and Ryeowook has a feeling that Yunho knows that he’s been using him as a personal pillow. Yunho laughs but then pauses when he hears loud giggling coming from the front. A wild Kyuhyun and Changmin appear, popping their heads above their seats as they give their members evil smirks.

“Oh you two,” Changmin grins, “Can’t you guys wait till we’re at the hotel to be this cheesy?”

Kyuhyun then pulls out his phone and shows Yunho and Ryeowook a picture of the both of them, sleeping against each other, Ryeowook leaning against Yunho’s shoulder while Yunho’s head is tilted against Ryeowook’s. Ryeowook blushes and aims forward to grab Kyuhyun’s phone but Kyuhyun pulls it away and sticks his tongue out.

Ryeowook growls, “I’m going to delete that picture, Cho Kyuhyun!”

“Go ahead,” Kyuhyun challenges, evilly smirking “But just so you know, I’ve about a thousand of these pictures.”

“And he’s not the only one with those pictures,” Changmin adds, shrugging nonchalantly, “The others took a lot of pictures too.”

Ryeowook throws his head back, sinking down onto his seat while Yunho frowns. Changmin and Kyuhyun high-five each other and then return to their seats after making everything much more awkward for the both of them. Thankfully, an announcement goes off, announcing to the passengers that they’re about to land and that everyone should return to their seats and put on their seatbelts. Ryeowook exhales roughly, digging around for his seatbelt and then fastening it. Halfway through, he finds the belt stuck and struggles with it until he feels soft fingers brushing against his. He looks up and his eyes meets Yunho’s.

“Here,” Yunho says softly, “Let me.”

Ryeowook isn’t sure why but he feels his cheeks warming up and he’s kind of frozen while Yunho leans close and helps him with the stupid belt. Once Yunho manages to fasten it for Ryeowook, he lingers slightly closer to Ryeowook, their eyes still locked and their fingers slightly brushing against each other. Ryeowook doesn’t know what this feeling is but all he can do is feel his heart beating slightly faster and his stomach churning with butterflies.

Kim Ryeowook, what are you doing.

This is Jung Yunho. He’s your senior.

He is also a HE, a man.

You’re not supposed to be feeling this way.

Ryeowook pulls away rather abruptly and Yunho snaps back to reality, pulling away and shifting back to his seat, looking slightly disappointed and Ryeowook wonders if it’s just his imagination or if it’s really disappointment he sees across those deep black orbs. They fall into complete silence until they safely land. Yunho gets up to grab his carry-on from the compartment above and helps to grab Ryeowook’s as well, handing it to Ryeowook.

“Thank you,” Ryeowook smiles kindly and Yunho exchanges a smile in return.

Once they’re all settled with their bags, they head out of the airport and into their waiting vehicle, heading to the hotel. Ryeowook is thankful because Henry has grabbed him somewhere in the airport and start chatting up with him. He wonders where the hell this chipmunk has been for the past nine hours and why didn’t he sat next to Ryeowook instead? If it had been Henry as his seatmate, Ryeowook didn’t think his heart would still be suffering from these weird lingering intense emotions.

Hawaii is everything Ryeowook remembers it to be – Fresh, windy, sunny and beautiful. Ryeowook inhales in a deep breath, in the Hawaiian air as he steps outside of the airport. Their managers – although off duty- guides them to a waiting vehicle where they board on and is brought straight to their hotel.

They’ll be staying for six nights and seven days and so, picking out the right roommate is important. As they arrive at the hotel, they pick out their roommates since there’s too many of them to provide single rooms. They’re used to sharing rooms with their members and so they find their roommates easily. It’s all been set anyway since a long time ago and even if they had been apart for so long, it still all comes naturally for them:

Eunhyuk and Donghae (Honestly, they’ve been rather inseparable ever since they’ve discharged from the army)

Leeteuk and Heechul (They’ve been real close lately, Ryeowook doesn’t know why or how but he’s glad that the older members have each other to rely on instead of always keeping to themselves.)

Kangin and Yesung

Shindong and Siwon

Henry and Zhou Mi

Sungmin and of course, his wife that he’s allowed to bring along.

Kyuhyun and Ryeowook

Changmin and Yunho

Managers and other managers

One of the managers however clears their throat as the other managers hand out their key cards, “The hotel’s fully booked and we just found that SM booked the rooms at the very last minute so they’re not able to provide all rooms with double-beds.”

“So expect some bed-sharing,” Another manager adds.

Some members grumble quietly but honestly, it’s nothing new. They’re all used to sharing beds, having done that multiple times in the past when they’re on tour. Some members enjoy being close to each other and they don’t see any problem cuddling or touching each other in their sleep (like, ehem, eunhae) but some others are more reserved and need their personal space and prefers a bed to themselves (like, ehem, Siwon and Kangin).

As they are handed out the cards to their rooms, Ryeowook finds his luggage and heads up their floor, taking the elevator with some of s and Changmin and Yunho. They’re crammed altogether in a small space and Ryeowook accidentally steps on someone’s foot. He looks back and quickly apoliges only to have his heart skip a beat because oh no, it’s Yunho once again.

Yunho chuckles, “It’s okay, Wookie.”

Yunho’s standing so close behind him, Ryeowook’s feels slightly dizzy at the feel of Yunho’s warmth radiating against him. During the ride up the elevator, Ryeowook suddenly leans back, biting his lips in embarrassment as Eunhyuk and Donghae are bickering and throwing playful punches as each other. He feels his back hitting Yunho’s back and then almost trips over Yunho’s feet but he feels strong arms holding onto his waist, keeping him from falling and Ryeowook has to fight back the rising heat in his cheeks because aw, damn, why does it has to be Yunho who catches him? As Ryeowook straightens himself, he looks down to his feet feeling all sorts of embarrassed but a smile lingers on his face as he realizes that Yunho’s hands are still right there, on his waist, holding him close and he kind of likes it.

“Children,” Leeteuk sighs from somewhere in the elevator, “We’re in a crammed space. Please be more careful.”

Ryeowook hears a chuckle as Heechul argues, “Yah, just let them be, Jungsu! They’re growing kids and don’t you dare scold my babyhae!”

Once they’ve finally on their level, everyone agrees on a time to meet up for dinner and then head to their separate room. As Ryeowook follows Kyuhyun to their room, he doesn’t know if he should feel happy or worried when he finds out that Changmin and Yunho are rooming just next to them. The fact that he’s close to Yunho somewhat excites him and makes him nervous at the same time. As they head into their rooms, Ryeowook is thankful that he doesn’t have to share a bed with Kyuhyun (because he actually KICKS in his sleep) but then Changmin comes out and barges into their room second later and whines

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter