i'll wait.

i'll wait.

"jae, this cannot be happening."

 
picture this: a night of heavy rain, thunder and lightning. zooming in: you see a dark room with two lifeless souls occupying it; one soul on the verge of giving up and moving on, whereas the other not wanting to let go. 
 
"im sorry kim, but i really think this is the end of us."
 
kim was holding to that very last strand of hope, the only piece that was holding this relationship that she had with jae.
 
"it's been 5 years, we've been through so much, and now you want to move on?"
 
what ever happened to the promises of "lasting forever till the end of time"? what ever happened to the late nights where the duo would cuddle up together and agree that they were "meant for each other"?
 
"jae, did none of this matter to you? was everything just an empty promise?"
 
kim was on the verge of breaking down, but she wouldn't show that she was going to crumble. she stared at jae intensely, trying to figure out why he was suggesting that they "break up and find someone new." 
 
"kim, let's be real, i found someone new. yes, we promised we'd be together, but you know promises are meant to be broken."
 
kim's head shot up. promises are meant to be broken? that statement was the last straw. before she knew it, she was sitting on the stone-cold floor bawling, her hand reaching out for jae's.
 
"go then, go to that girl who makes you happier. but i'll wait."
 
"don't wait, kim, you shouldn't. find someone else. find someone who isn't as big a bastard as i am." 
 
after spending 5 whole years with jae, did he really think it was THAT easy for kim to find someone new? someone who could easily replace the boy who became her daily source of happiness? the boy who made her feel like she was the luckiest girl in the world? 
 
"i can't, jae, i can't do it. i'll wait. i'll be waiting for you to realise how much you mean to me."
 
and then, he removed her hand from his. he took his luggage, his guitars, and everything else that belonged to him. as though everything was in slow-motion, he made his way out of the apartment that they shared. the very same apartment that was filled with 5 years' worth of memories - each of them equally as special and as sentimental.
 
"see you around, kim."
 
the apartment that once contained purely fun, joy and laughter, now became an apartment that was quietly yet quickly filling up with the emotions of loneliness, disappointment and frustration.
 
"i'll wait, jae, i'll wait. i'll be at this very same spot, waiting for your hand to be back in mine, intertwined just the way you like it."