Achoo! (I Love You!)

The Common Cold


what's the downfall of a forming blizzard and a little exploration?

nothing.

well..nothing if you're not lee jinki.

you see, being a college student really takes a toll on your mind and body, ergo anxiety and inadequate sleep patterns; which would be his excuse if he wasn't still laying there.

but it had really been too tempting: the sparkling blanket of snow, glistening and singing silent songs as the sky shined baby blue with the sprinkle of snowflakes just called for him; gently landing on his face, dusting his cheeks with a ruddy blush as the cold tickled his nose and left him shivering, begging him to stop walking and touch it--who wouldn't wanna fling themselves in piles upon piles of freezing cold heaven?

it had been a question only he could answer, "no one !"

so, just like any other kidult, jinki slowly dragged his hand over the smooth snow (leaving remnants of doritos from his fingertips) and admired its otherworldly-ness before he soon flopped over into it with childish glee; letting out a squeal of utmost amazement.

he could make a snowman or pick off the icicles and watch them break from his warmth, or stick his tongue on a most likely germ infested and random object to only be in pain and soon with paramedics--oh! all the fun, he can't decide!

oh, no, no! no: he can, and it'll be...a snow angel!

he rolls onto his back, moving his lanky arms and thick legs in unison until he finds himself surrounded by a barrier of snow.

he soaks in the faint and frail rays of sun and takes in the lovable chill poking through his jacket, he takes a deep and calming breath in; he closes his eyes in content as he imagines another winter wonderland and, before he can open them again, he's fast asleep.

 

 

 

 

his rude awakening is a snow covered near his face, platinum blond hair dusted with snow and a "!" from the most beautiful voice he'd ever heard..ever.

he stiffly cranes his neck to the side, realizing the amount of snow atop his lower half when he sees a footprint on his legs that cuts through the layers.

he slowly tries to ask if the, well, the blond is okay; but before he can talk his very thoughts are voiced out timidly and sweetly by that sugary, honeyed voice. "a-are you okay?!"

his eyes open so wide they nearly tear (in proof, his eyelids burn with strain) as he scans the blond's face; a little extravagant like his friend key, with pronounced cheekbones that set his face sharply (albeit a bit androgynous in there high sitting on his small face) and a strong jaw that brought a little more of a protectiveness than manliness to his face; yet more unpolished and like jinki himself with wide puppy like eyes that peered innocently and very kissable lips that look best attacked by the cold albeit slathered in what seemed to be tinted lip balm. (jinki poses confidently under the snow with admiration of his own lips albeit his tragic OD on gorgeousness.)

"yes." he replies dumbly, "I am of the okay."

somehow, it triggers the other male to jerk around in disbelief and he let out a shrill screech of "how can you fall asleep in snow and still feel fine!?" which, in turn, triggers jinki to realize he's numb as --and then his nose suddenly clogs up and he feels his face get puffy from the cold then his throat gets dry, his eyes tear up coldly and his ears burn; "no." he coughs, "I am not of the okay."

 

 

 

 

"a-a-ah! achoo!" jinki's pitiful sneezes echo down the halls of the grand building of SM School Of Arts as he slowly trudges to his next class, absentmindedly tugging his cardigan closer as he neared the lecture room; thoughts about the blond who saved him leaving him blind to the fact that he'd walked into the door.

the blond had nearly screamed when he noticed the blue tint to the sleepy stranger's face and hastily stood up, warm palm wrapped around jinki's wrist; he pulls himself up and along comes jinki, to his slightly taller height, gazing down at him dazedly when the cold got to him.

"um! mister, you can't be out here anymore! you're freezing--!!"

but the scream finally passed his lips when jinki suddenly fell backwards, cutting through 3 feet of snow idly, smiling sheepishly despite having passed out.

 

jinki hums pleasantly, warmth filling his chest at the thought of the kind, angelic blond. he set a hand on the doorknob and finally began tugging the door open; he meets the sight of his professor seemingly preaching the art of novels despite the class a designated music club's sidebar activity; sulli was indeed a strange woman. (though it meant nothing compared to her intelligence and beauty)

he lets out a cough as he plops down next to kibum and begins letting out gentle vocalizations to calm his itchy throat as the classy student turns and declares complete separation if the other had a cold--nonetheless they both know he'll return to jinki's side in less than a minute screeching gossip in his ears about the teacher and her "ugly, unfashionable and certainly colorblind" boyfriend.

it had been a couple more minutes before her talk of died down and she began the "class" with a snippet of a 90's/80's video. she went on to explain the large movement of hiphop and the generations of it--and then declared the next project would be based off the look and style of the music of the 80's.

at the last word of her speech, she finally let them begin practice and research.

before they could move on to drag out their laptops and kibum could drone on about how he'd look better in a bucket hat and parachute pants; sulli softly uttered a "oh, but kibum and jinki--please stay after class for me?"

they nodded absentmindedly as they busied themselves with finding impeccable outfits for key to bedazzle.

...

classes had ended and students were filing out of the wide lecture room doors to and fro, half of them wiping sleep dust away as they yawned and complained, bone audibly cracking as they stretched and moved; jinki was, however, stuck behind with kibum with worry for why sulli had called them back.

when key's done putting his laptop away, they hop down from their seats in the third row and walk up to the wide desk sulli sat prettily at.

"so.." the pretty music teacher started blandly, looking far back into the classroom as if she could not look at them in the eye, though a sneezing jinki never saw--key takes it as they're in trouble and is about to question her behavior when he too glances behind them and takes notice of the tiny boy in the back flailing wildly for her not to speak.

he grins immediately as he recalls jinki gushing about some tiny blond saving him, and quite frankly him and his--jinki's words--"beautiful doe eyes, very nice lips, sharp godly cheekbones and adorable hips" matched whomever his snow angel savior boy, was. "jonghyun here," she gestures to the back of the room, eyes slight and small, lips pursed mischievously as she spoke, "says jinki dear is too sick to function and or create a complete outfit and video and song and that he would very much like to take care of him while he's struggling with this cold."

the shrill screech from the back of the room makes the whole ordeal funnier and key laughs heartily--all the while jinki starts running to his tiny savior in hopes of...anything, quite frankly.

kibum smiles sweetly at sulli when she cackles at jinki's haste.

while key and the lovely professor conversed about what jinki and him had seen before this happened (crappy remakes of old time R&B songs and once more, fashion key could easily remake all so better and cuter); jinki was busy thanking the rich voiced babe that saved him from what could've been a near death experience.

"I'm jinki! I'm the guy that you beautifully screamed at for sleeping in the snow, remember?! I think you're short and adorable and I totally do not have a crush on you because you looked like a complete angelic angel in the snow, by the way you looked great in that floofy jacket--but thank you, thank you, thank you!" he lays a helpless smooch on the blond's hand and rambles on in "thank you"s forever.

"bet they'll get together in the next one week." kibum says, grinning.

"I think maybe the next one day." sulli laughs, raising a brow. key cockily nods at her, "ten bucks and an A for that dress I made you." she only laughs.

the blond runs off before jinki can kiss his hand again.

 

 

 

 

"left, right, right, straight, left; jonghyun!" kibum exclaims, grinning at his older roommate. jinki looks frazzled and tired, hair messy and the bags beneath his widened eyes are dark and deep; his face is marked with dried slobber and his oversized sleeping shirt makes him look like an underweight drunk man--a look of utter confusion graces his sleep swollen face when key stuffs all of his belongings into his arms and forces his toothpaste covered tooth brush into his mouth; unable to stutter out a question in his sleepy haze, jinki follows the directions that rang loudly in his ears along with the loud slam of the door.

he barely realizes he's walking even though he remembers he was woken up out of his sleep and kicked out his own room--hazily, he watches his feet move.

some sense knocked itself into his head when his fist gently met the door and in turn it opened; wide enough for him to see steam flowing from the bathroom and a clothes covered bed--and suddenly he was met with the gorgeous, sharply crafted face of his literal snow angel.

jinki lazily gazed at the smaller student's face and silently gushed at how adorable it was bare.

"oh, um, hi jinks,,"

jinki smiled at the nickname tiredly

"erhm, sorry gimme a sec I'm kinda right now and it'd be a little odd to see me all bare and I kinda just shaved so the air kinda burns and--just g-gimme a sec."

his smile never faded but his eyes did drop to his angel's perfect body and toned abs and a soft v where his pelvis was exposed and smooth of any hair unlike him, but still; those abs--"you okay jinks?"

"yea"

his towel slips a bit, exposing clean bare skin even more. "are you sure?"

"y-yes." he stutters, blinking.

"you look red jinks, you sure?" the blond looks so very worried, gazing up at him in adorable concern.

but then, it slips some even more.

"y-yep."

then he sneezes on him, his toothbrush slipping from his mouth and foam splattering all over the blond's face.

"n-no."

...

by the time jonghyun reemerged from the bathroom, he was fully dressed (a big picture of a puppy in a dinosaur costume on his t-shirt and some shorts) and sheepishly smiling at jinki.

a moment of unbearable silence envelopes them as the smaller male skittered around in his pajamas, looking for a very important and nonexistent object.

"hi jjong" jinki awkwardly muttered after a while of watching the blond nervously look
around.

"h-hi jinks" he slowly replied, blinking obnoxiously. 

another second passed uncomfortably.

"what'cha doing?" jinki started, breaking the silence once more.

"oh, uh, looking, um, for this...thing."

jinki clicked his tongue, "oh, okay" before surveying the classy combination of comic books and music sheets mixed up on the bookshelf that stood taller than its owner.

they both pause, glancing at each other shyly before resuming their fruitless actions.

another pregnant pause looms over the entire room until jinki clears his throat excessively before uttering a simple, "what's this...thing look like jjong?"

he suppresses a chuckle as jonghyun fumbles with his words and smiles when the short blond guiltily glances over his shoulder. jinki nods slowly to hear what jjong had to say--"it's a b-blue mermaid..yeah, with dove wings a-and gold rings for hair with eeh pink eyes." jinki raise a brow, "and it's a limited edition figurine with its tag still attached! i-i-it helps me sleep.." the blond quickly adds, nodding so hard it's as if he was convincing himself rather than jinki.

"oh!" jinki laughs.

he digs under his back for a second before settling back down with a blob of obnoxious colours in his large hand, "you mean this? it's been digging in my spine for awhile now." he nods to it lazily while talking before drifting off into a cackle that died when he looked at the blond.

jonghyun stared with incredibly wide eyes at the object with a petrified look--even his hair seeming to stand, glancing from jinki to the object in his hand.

"um, ah, j-jinks..."

jinki blinks innocently, "what?"

...

after awhile jinki aimlessly tosses the toy and jonghyun calms down to shyly ask why jinki was even there--getting a story that makes him laugh a bit at kibum's crazy manipulative skills and control over anybody really.

"so yeah..." jinki grumbled as he spread out on the other's bed, "am very sleepy."

a moment passes and the owner of the bed ponders on how he'd even survive with the attractive sicky in the same room as him--but when jonghyun starts to say he'll sleep on the couch, jinki is already snoring.

jonghyun laughs because jinki really knew how to sleep (anywhere and anytime, it was quite concerning). he set a blanket over the sleeping sicky and smiles.

he gazes gently at the sleepy boy, idly surveys his peaceful expression and the gentle rise and fall of his chest--jonghyun finds himself fawning over the older's acne scars and his fried hair, laying stiff against his blotted forehead as he slept.

finding himself creepy for staring so long he skitters around, grinning softly.

afterwards he calms and lazily throws a blanket and a body pillow on the couch before plopping down, sleepily cuddling into the pillow as he draped the blanket over himself.

soon enough the room was silent (save for jinki's sickly snoring) and filled with the calmness of sleep.

he dreams of snow and pretty brown hair speckled with wintery white.

(and maybe he dreams of being married with two kids; kissing the snow sleeper goodbye as he left for work so he could cook breakfast for their well-behaved girl and boy toddlers as his reward for his heroic saving.)

he sleeps well for once.

 

 

 

 

(🎵 Ooh neowa na cheom mannasseul ttae
Ooh machi sajacheoreom maemdolda
gihwereul noryeo nae mam ppaeseun neo 🎵)

it's 9 a.m. and jonghyun only knows this because his alarm had never rung for long since he's always up and ready for classes before the first ring of it--but this time is strangely different.

this time, he doesn't want to get up and turn it off--and he wasn't gonna.

for some reason, taeyeon doesn't sound as dull as she did before and sooyoung sounds chipper and happy--even sunny sounds clearer.

(🎵 tell me why~ wae mami mami jakku heundeullini🎵)

when light spills through his curtains and the ringing of of his snsd themed alarm gets to be too much, jjong groggily cracks open puffy eyes--he blinks away the sleep dust in his eyes and focuses on the curtains until he isn't cringing away from the light. finally he cuts off his alarm.

with little struggle he looks over to the couch, blinking confusedly at the strange doll alien thingy on it before sighing contently.

he figured (in his sleepy trance) missing one day of school wouldn't be so bad--because he felt so comfortable and wanted to stay in bed forever--since sleep was pretty hard to come by he'd soak up this moment forever until he was charged up to work again.

he burrowed further into the comforter and pressed his face against his body pillow and he felt so warm because of the sunlight and his pillow and the pillow felt so soft and he just wanted to drown in how good it smelled--his pillow snores loudly (deafening like a bomb but almost sounds like a helicopter) and throws an arm around his waist and, no lie, jonghyun nearly slips off the bed because his pillow was a chest and it heaved with each breath sickly before it hacked out its lungs tiredly.

jonghyun looks away to peer at the couch as he tried to put 2 and 2 together, eyes wide with confusion.

it really takes a second to realize that he had indeed just looked at the couch he was supposedly sleeping on--and that he indeed was cuddled up to his hot senior's side.

he screeches gleefully and tumbles off the bed.

 

 

 

 

jinki awakens to two large doe eyes peering at him from the side of the bed, two beady pink ones glaring at him from the couch and the blare of his phone going off.

he blindly grabs his phone and answers, and when key's voice comes booming through the speaker ("hOW THE DID IT FEEL TO SLEEP IN YOUR CRUSH'S ROOM JINKI!?,) he screeches in absolute fright and falls off the bed--right onto his smol, giggling host.

it takes a minute, but after sleep escapes him and he fully awakens, he starts laughing too.

he lifts himself off of jonghyun and giggles out an "it was fine" to key (abruptly hanging up when the younger suggestively asks if they shared the bed) before smiling gently at jonghyun. 

the short blond grins handsomely (the older blushes heavily at his charm) before pulling jinki up and pushing him into the bathroom with all his stuff--"shower, please: hot water helps with colds a-and I have a question to ask before you leave...if you even do, which I strongly disagree with and find highly disrespectful, so please don't leave me yet."

jinki smiles and chuckles softly, "okay."

...

as soon as jinki is on the other side of the door, he flips the out and screeches into his towel because woAH; he freaking wOKE UP to his mOTHERING CRUSH!

and they were sleeping in the same bed for s sake.

that was more than great, and jinki felt like dying in a hell full of puppies and jonghyuns already.

he rushed to get (lol) and jumped into the shower hastily.

after the water warmed he felt his nose clear and grinned greasily as he thought about the fact that jjong cared about him.

...

jonghyun fiddled with his fingers cutely as he patiently waited for jinki to get out of the bathroom--idly humming an f(x) song as he kicked his legs to distract himself.

as soon as the older man had stepped inside the other room, jonghyun had let out an inaudible string of curses and blushed so hard he nearly passed out because he was incredibly embarrassed to have snuggled up to the older during the night--and to have such a handsome guy freaking smile at him with bed hair and sleepy eyes made him melt, so he was really nervous!

and because of that, him and his big mouth (literally) decided that it would be a terrific idea to ask the older out for coffee.

but...all he needed to do was wait for him to come back out of the bathroom..

 

just as if he had heard him, jinki walks out of the room with a soft smile (softer looking hair) and lazy sway to his walk. he's dressed in a pair of jeans and has on a black sweater that makes him look small--and he just looks so fluffy and cute that jonghyun smiles and hugs him really hard (and jinki dies inside bc why tiny blond so warm nd kyoot?) before backing away.

he bounces on his feet and grins at jinki and, "can we go out for coffee?!"

jinki laughs, eyes narrowing to pretty half moons, and chuckles out sweetly, "of course."

 

 

he painfully sneezes when jjong kisses him on the cheek.

 

 

 

when they escape the café, jonghyun is shivering from the change in temperature and jinki is laughing hysterically as he copes with the fact that he gulped down scalding cocoa (due to the smol blond admitting having a crush on him since 1st year) and sputtered about until his date was splattered in chocolate and his tongue was throbbing painfully. 

he thinks he'll never forget the comically horror stricken look on the waiter's face--never ever!

jonghyun joins in after a while, letting out tinkling giggles as jinki retells the story like a dork and nearly falls over twice.

they spend the rest of the day sitting at the park, looking like lost eskimos in their coats as the converse lightly; huddling close on the bench.

 

 

kibum sighs contently as he pushes minjung away to call jinki, the lanky girl curled up on his lap cutely as she complains about not winning today's soccer match. "it's fine babe! you win all the time anyways!" she giggles and he kisses her nose, smiling at her when jinki picks up.

"shh." minjung nods, getting up to put her hair up in a bun.

kibum clears his throat and "WHAT THE LEE KERNEL SANDERS MCING JINKI, WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN!? IT IS 7PM, NO LONGER 9AM,  AND I AM NOT GOING TO LOSE MY BEST FRIEND RIGHT AFTER MY GIRLFRIEND CAME HOME."

he hears a giggle and muffled shouts of excite before a sweet voice carries over the line, obviously not jinki. "sorry kibum, jinki hyung is dancing for me right now and it's so cute--I'll take him home though! don't worry! I promise!"

he 'ooh's suggestively and jonghyun laughs again before saying "bye-bye!" and hanging up.

after a second, key's mega watt grin dies instantly.

when minjung walks back in the room her boyfriend in frowning and she laughs, "it's just ten dollars baby!"

 

 

when jinki has fallen over from the sixth time, jonghyun collects him in a hug and says it's time to go. jinki groans and smiles at him before agreeing.

"you know, I've never seen you around the campus before; why is that?" jinki asks, smiling gently.

jonghyun blushes as looks up at the older boy, "I was always in my room studying and I only came out to turn in assignments or to attend class--I-I'm a bit too tired to listen to lectures, so I have very little classes...in other words, I'm the definition of a friendly introvert."

jinki laughs heartily.

(then coughs out tearful shouts when a snowflake lands in his eye.)

as they walk to the dorm they talk a little more, get to know a little more, and soon enough they're in front of jonghyun's door.

with a kiss, jjong enters his room--with an adorable grin, jinki follows in.

 

.

.

.

 

 

 

 

minjung literally has to drag kibum to sulli's desk because the brunet is holding onto her legs like a koala in hopes of keeping his only pocket money--but minjung is stern and makes her boyfriend give the pretty teacher her money before making him stand, "you should have never bet her!" she laughs, kissing him.

"you can still get that A, I love the dress a lot! it's very creative!"

key lets out and ugly sob and minjung laughs.

 

 

"they're too lovesick for you to have won anyways!" 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

taemin frowns when he opens his dorm room because not only is there evidence of lee jinki, doritos and lame shirts, jonghyun is merely a lump under the covers.

a sniffling, sneezing one.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

f.h.r.i.t.p! happy birthday you oversized child! you're 18 and as single as a smexy pringle!

ty big sissah for being my big sissah, and may our lordy lord bless ya (pun hahaha)

love you  zinoxvibes !

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

 

sorry for any mistakes!

ya boi,

 ~ Floater