final

may the bridges we burn light the way

She did it on purpose. Just to get attention. That’s what Yeeun wanted to believe, although deep down she knew that she was kinda jealous. Jealous about how confident Yina was about her body. Of course, she’ll never admit it. At first it surprised everyone at Belle Epoque, they couldn’t believe what kind of housemate Yina was. But now they’re so used to it that they don’t even consider it as a weird thing. Well, almost everyone is used to it. Yeeun still freaks out a bit on the inside every time she sees Yina walking by wearing just a towel, droplets dripping down her cleavage. Am I too obvious? Maybe I shouldn’t stare for too long.

 

Ya! Seriously? Who forgets their towel when they’re gonna take a shower?” Jiwon said frustrated while she put her mug down on the table, so loud it startled poor Eunjae who was sitting right in front of her.

 

“Sorry, sorry, sorry.” was all that Yina said hurriedly going from the bathroom to her room. Yeeun’s heart skipped a beat. She really didn’t mean to look, her line of vision was right there when Yina passed by. It all happened so quick, it wasn’t Yeeun’s fault really. She felt the familiar warmth spreading across her face all the way to her ears. She quickly held up her mug and pretended she was sipping on some of her coffee.

 

“I don’t think I’m hungry anymore.” Jiwon complained putting her plate slightly aside. She crossed her arms in front of her chest and looked at Yeeun. “Don’t you think she’s gone too f- Why are you blushing?” Jiwon looked at her suspiciously, this made Yeeun even way more embarrassed than before.

 

“Me? It-it’s nothing, I’m fine.” Yeeun replied quickly getting up from the table and taking her plate with her. She turned her back to them so they wouldn’t see her face. I really should control all this blushing thing, what are they gonna think?

 

“You sure you are, unnie? You barely ate.” This time it was Eunjae's turn to say something. Always worrying about her friends.

 

“Yeah! I just remembered I need to be early today for this... class.” She put the mug and the plate on the sink and quickly got out of there, going straight to her room and shutting the door as soon as she got there. Meanwhile Eunjae and Jiwon are left on the kitchen, bewildered, looking at each other.

 

“She’s never this early for any of her classes.” Eunjae stated, to which Jiwon replied by slowly shaking her head.

 

---

 

It was Saturday morning. Jiwon was still sleeping because of a journalism project that kept her up all night, Eunjae was off to some class and Jinmyung was at work. Yeeun was stirring up her coffee besides the counter when she saw Yina walk out the bathroom door, with just a towel covering her body from above her chest to the top of her thighs. Yeeun mentally gulped.

 

“Morning.” Yina said and smiled towards Yeeun, walking straight to the fridge and getting the orange juice out to pour herself some. Her wet hair was laying on the side of her right shoulder and Yeeun could see her collarbones a bit, she shook her head quickly and replied.

 

“Morning.” she replied looking down at her mug, her hand still stirring the coffee. She couldn’t think straight with Yina standing right there. Yeeun already felt her heart speeding up. Isn’t it too early for this? Why must I suffer? She really shouldn’t go around wearing only a towel, does she wanna give me a heart attack? Because I swear to God I feel one coming up. If only she knew how she made me feel. She’s really gonna be the death of m-

 

“Yeeun!” Yina interrupted her train of thoughts. Yeeun didn’t realize that she was stirring her coffee all that time at a very high speed, a few drops spilled all over the counter. “Are you okay? You’re gonna make a bigger mess if you keep doing that.”

 

“Uh? Oh.” Yeeun looked down at her already cold coffee. Perfect. She felt Yina moving closer and got even more nervous. She looked up and felt a hand on her face. What is she doing?

 

“You got something there.” Yina said while brushing her thumb over Yeeun’s cheek, dangerously close to her lower lip. Yina was so close Yeeun could feel the warmth emanating from the taller one’s body. Truth is, Yina knew how she made Yeeun feel, she wasn’t sure when exactly she found out but she did and ever since she’s been teasing her and having fun. Sure, Yina also was attracted to Yeeun but she wanted to see if Yeeun would actually make a move on her. So far no such luck. Maybe she needs to try flirting a little harder. Yeeun cursed at herself for feeling her cheeks heat up and she was sure her face was getting red because Yina smirked a bit. Yeeun felt how Yina moved closer to her and she could have sworn Yina looked at her lips when they heard a door opening.

 

“Good morning!” Jiwon said excitedly while skipping to the kitchen. Yina let go of Yeeun in a heartbeat, while Yeeun suddenly got interested in the contents of her mug.

 

---

 

“You’ve been acting weird lately, you know that?” Honestly, Yeeun must have seen this coming. At the end of the day Jiwon was a journalist, it was in her nature to know about things around her. She had been examining Yeeun for the past few days because she was determined to know what was making the girl so flushed over apparently nothing, she had a few theories but she knew she needed to go straight to the source. So, here she was sitting on the sofa, legs crossed like an eight, chin resting on her fist, besides Yeeun who was trying to read a book in peace.

 

“I don’t know what you mean, Jiwon.” Yeeun said nonchalantly without taking her eyes off her book.

 

“Oh, I’m pretty sure you know what I’m talking about.” the shorter girl then crossed her legs in front of her, while locking her fingers on her knees. She had this smirk on her face, pondering about having fun with her housemate. When Jiwon saw Yeeun was completely ignoring her at this point she decided to change her technique a little bit. “Just answer yes or no, alright? Is it a boy problem?”

 

Upon hearing this Yeeun stopped reading her book and raised her head a bit. She wasn’t sure if she was ready to tell Jiwon but it’d be good to get it off her chest, so why not? Ultimately, she decided to play her little game. Yeeun shook her head slightly while closing her book and leaving it on her lap, still not looking at Jiwon. Out the corner of her eye she saw and heard Jiwon gasp excitedly.

 

“Is it about a girl?” For some reason she lowered her voice, although they were 99% sure they were the only people in the house at that moment. Jiwon’s eyes lit up when she saw Yeeun bite her lip and nod slowly. “I think I know who this is about.” Jiwon said with a big smile on her face, scrunching up her nose and nodding to herself.

 

“You do? Then tell me.”

 

“Yina unnie, of course!” she said as if it was the most obvious thing ever. “I kinda knew it, I noticed how you used to check her out in the morning after she took a shower.” Well, guess I really was being obvious about it then.

 

“I wasn’t checking her out!” she exclaimed crossing her arms in front of her. For some reason she felt she had to defend herself from further embarrassment.

 

“Yes, your were.”

 

“No, I wasn’t.”

 

“You can lie to yourself all you want, Yeeun, but don’t lie to me.”

 

“Alright, fine. Yes, I was checking her out, okay? How could I not? I mean, have you seen her? She’s got a hot body,” she said quickly, while uncrossing her arms and putting them up defensively. When she saw Jiwon arching up her eyebrows and smiling even more she couldn’t believe what came out of . Oh my god, why did I say all that? That wasn’t supposed to come out, now she’s never gonna stop teasing m-

 

“You liiike her.” Jiwon said in a sing-song voice, her eye smile showing. She got closer to Yeeun and started poking her side. “You like her, you like her, you like her!” Yeeun rolled her eyes and tried to stop Jiwon from poking her with her hands.

 

Aish, stop it, Jiwon, don’t be so childish.” was all that Yeeun said but couldn’t help a smile creeping up on her face because Jiwon was right. Yeeun liked Yina and now that she kinda said it out loud, it felt real. Jiwon laughed besides her. “But seriously, don’t tell anyone, alright?” this time Yeeun got all serious and looked Jiwon in the eyes. Jiwon just looked back at her, put together her thumb and index finger and ran them across her lips, making a “sealing” motion.

 

---

 

“Hey, you busy? Can you help me zip this down?” Yeeun, who just got back from some class, heard Yina’s voice as soon as she entered. She put on her slippers and saw Yina standing on the threshold of her own room. She had her back turned to her, so Yeeun couldn’t see her face.

 

“S-sure.” Yeeun cleared while walking towards Yina, she left her purse and the rest of her belongings on the couch. Yina was wearing a skin tight black and white dress and honestly Yeeun already was feeling short of breath. She tried to stop her trembling hands while reaching for the top of the zipper. Thank God they were the only people that day at Belle Epoque. Yeeun slowly began pulling it down all the way to the end of Yina’s spine, just below her bum. She then grabbed the dress and pulled it down to the floor. Yina quickly stepped out of it, naturally in her underwear, she went to the mirror to remove her earrings. Why is she like this?

 

“Tough day at school?” Yina asked nonchalantly while changing into her activewear, which consists of a bright pink sports bra and some tight black leggings. Meanwhile, Yeeun was trying to avoid looking at Yina at all costs. She felt like her heart was gonna burst through at any moment now.

 

“It was okay, the usual.” was all that Yeeun said. Finally she moved from her spot on the door and tried to calm herself down by sitting on the bed. “Going somewhere?” she wanted to keep the conversation going.

 

“Might go out for a run. Wanna come?” Yina then sat besides Yeeun on the bed, their legs touching, too close if you asked Yeeun. She reached down to put her socks and sneakers on. All that time Yeeun was staring at her arms and the shape of her back, and how her hair was cascading down her left shoulder, totally exposing her neck.

 

“I’m fine, thanks.” finally Yeeun managed to reply.

 

“You sure?” Yina sat up after being done with her shoes and faced Yeeun, that’s when Yeeun realized how close they were actually sitting. It didn’t seem to bother Yina at all, though. Yeeun gulped a little and nodded her head. She couldn’t help but look at Yina’s lips for a split second and when she looked up at her eyes again she noticed Yina was doing the same thing. “You know, I never told you how much I like the way you do your makeup, especially your lips.” Yeeun wasn’t sure she heard right. Is she flirting with me? What do I do? She didn’t know what to say and certainly didn’t know what to do when she saw Yina moving her face just an inch closer. Yina was determined that day to stop teasing poor little Yeeun, to make a move and to confess her attraction to her.

 

“Oh yeah? I could teach you.” Yeeun’s boldness was now coming to the surface, maybe it was the atmosphere that made her feel this way or maybe it was Yina’s perfume intoxicating her. All she knew is she wanted Kang Yina right now.

 

“I’d like that.” the taller one replied in a whisper. Yina was getting closer to Yeeun and the latter wasn’t making anything to stop her, she was about to kiss Yeeun’s lips but went for her neck instead. Yeeun’s hand automatically went to her head tangling her fingers in Yina’s hair and she couldn’t help a sigh escape her lips. Yeeun’s free hand laid on Yina’s thigh. Yina was on Yeeun’s pulse point, making the shorter girl moan.

 

“Yina, please.” she never thought she’d be the type to beg but at this point she was sorta desperate. With her hand in Yina’s hair she pulled the girl up and looked at her eyes. “Please, just kiss me.”

 

“You have no idea how long I’ve been waiting to hear you say that.” was all that Yina said before clashing their lips together. Yeeun’s hand went straight for Yina’s neck and she started pulling her down on the mattress. Yina ended on top. Yeeun explored Yina’s body with her hands, touching her neck then going down to her collarbones, touching her side and stopping on her abs. God, I feel like I’m in a dream. “So you think I’ve got a hot body.” Yina managed to say between kisses then backed away a bit to look at Yeeun’s face, smiling from ear to ear.

 

“You h-heard me that day? You were here?” her cheeks were heating up and she wanted to hide from embarrassment.

 

“Of course I was here, silly.” Yina then hugged Yeeun from her waist and laid besides her. The light from outside was illuminating Yeeun’s face and Yina could see how flushed she was. She smiled dearly. “God, you look so cute when you blush.” Then proceeded to kiss her cheeks. Yeeun laughed a bit and tried to push her away jokingly.

 

“Stop it, I’m embarrassed,”  her attempt to push Yina away failed miserably. The taller girl just ended up putting her chin on top of Yeeun’s shoulder and looked up at her.

 

“Then stop being so cute.” Yeeun didn’t know how to reply to that so she just smiled and hid her face on Yina’s shoulder. In that moment, with her arms wrapped around the girl she liked, Jung Yeeun felt a warm feeling spreading across her chest and she decided she wouldn’t trade that feeling for anything in the world.