Chapter 1

The Sixth Member

"Wait, What? What do you mean, a '6th member'? Yah, Jin-hyung, are you serious?" Jonghyun said slamming his hands down on the table.

The boys got called in for a meeting with their manager about something important. He wouldn't say what it was, just that they needed to arrive quickly. And now here they sit, in a conference room at the SM Building. "It's exactly as it sounds, Jonghyun. You're getting a 6th member. I know you guys released a full album and a mini album, but SM thinks this is a good idea. And hey, these things happen all the time." Manager Jin said, trying to calm Jonghyun down. "In this company, it's not really a big deal."
"But why would we need a 6th member? We have 3 vocals and 2 rappers already. Taemin-ah can dance and play piano, Onew-hyung has the klutz thing down, Kibum has the attitude, Minho the sports and me The Puppy Looks. What more do we need?"
"Yah. Jonghyun-hyung, let Jin-hyung explain. If you keep asking questions and interrupting we'll never get an explanation." Minho said.
"Aish. Explain then." Jonghyun said, sitting down.
"Okay, well then. Even though you three are the vocalists and you two are the rappers, SM thought you guys could use a little more...harmonizing in the group-"
"Harmonzing?! Are yo-"
"Yah! Kim Jonghyun! Enough. Sit back down, be quiet and listen. I don't want to hear anymore interruptions from you, arasso?" Onew, the gentle leader, spoke.
Jonghyun gave him a hurt look, but sat down without any argument. It was the first time Onew had been loud with him. He didn't like it one bit.
Onew nodded in Manager Jin's direction, urging him to go on.
"Anyways, SM has found you guys the perfect member. Someone with an...angelic kind of voice. They've trained here for almost 5 years. As a matter of fact, they're at the dorm right now I-"
Suddenly Key stood, a shocked look on his face. He looked over at Onew, who nodded, then back at Manager Jin.
"They're at the dorm? Right now?" He asked.
"Deh. Is that a problem? We thought you guys would be okay with this, even though SM had already agreed to it without consoling you guys first, which we're sorry about."
"A-Ani. I'm not sure about the others, but I don't have a problem with it. I was just expecting to meet them here is all. So who is it?"
"Yeah, what's their name?" Minho asked.
"How old are they?" Taemin, who was silent the whole time, jumped up and asked.
"What man would have an angelic voice...?" Onew wondered aloud.
Manager Jin slammed his hands in the table and stood so fast, he earned a flinch from Taemin and Onew.
"I was getting to that, so please, refrain yourselves from asking so many questions."
The boys cleared their throats and adjusted in their seats. With a sigh, Manager Jin finished-,
"It is not a man, but a woman." He looked at them and saw their mouths drop.
He continued- "She is 17 and her name is Lim Gaji. Normally we would have a cd with a song sung by her, but this is all sudden, so if you wish to hear her sing, then ask her at the dorm. But trust us when we say, You will like her. I wish I could stay and discuss more, but I have important plans for today. This meeting is over." Manager Jin started walking towards the doors when he turned around and said, "One more thing!"
The boys, their mouths nearly to the floor, looked over in his direction.
"Take these next 4 months to get to know her. You will be making an album with her." And with that last bit said, he walked out of the room.
They sat there, eyes wide, not saying anything, Until it finally hit them.
"WHAT?!" They all said.
"A girl?"
"At the dorm?"
"N-noona?"
They all looked at each other, their faces showing shock, confusion, and calmness?
"Yah. Minho-goon. How can you be so calm about this? And you too Onew-hyung!"
Minho and Onew gave each other a calm look and shrugged.
"Eo. It's not really a big deal, now that I think about it. I actually find it interesting." Onew said, scratching his head nervously.
Minho nodded in agreement.
"Not a big deal? Yah. Hyung. It'll be a girl. Living with us. In a dorm. With 5 guys." Jonghyun said.
"So? Damn. You would think the 'King of Skinship' would enjoy the idea of a female staying in our dorm. Stop overreacting, Jjongie." Key said, patting his best friends shoulder.
Minho stood up, a big grin on his face.
"I really want to meet this Gaji girl now, just to see if she can make Jonghyun-hyung tick." He said and laughed.
"That'll be something. Now I'm curious too." Taemin added.
"Wae? So this is the reality you want, huh." Jonghyun said standing up.
"Yah. Jjongie. What do you have against us getting a sixth member? I think it's a fine idea. It gives me someone to chat to on some things I can't talk to you about." Key said smirking.
"Yah! Kibum-ah! What's that suppose to mean?!"
"Ah-haha! Nothing, Jjong. I was just messing with you."
After everyone but Jonghyun laughed, the rest of them stood up and headed for the door. They were all anxious and excited to meet the new member.
Well, everyone but Minho, who was, as always, calm and collected.

--------------------------------------------------

The boys couldn't stop talking amongst themselves about the new member. Question after question kept filling their heads.
'Do you think she'll be pretty?'
'Who's going to ask her to sing?'
'You think maybe she'll make me food in the middle of the night?'
'Can she cook?'
'How tall do you think she is?'
When they got to the dorm, they slowly, one by one, exited the van and walked up the steps, anticipating the moment they meet their new member.
"Can't we just tell her it was a mistake and that we don't need, nor want, a sixth member?" Jonghyun said aloud.
No one answered; They were all too busy thinking.
When they got to the door of their dorm, they froze. Music was playing loudly. Their music to be exact.
Onew stepped forward and opened the door.
'Y Si Fuera Ella' greeted them, and pots and pans could be heard clinking together in the kitchen.
"Do you think that's her?" Minho asked.
"I don't know. It might be. I mean no one else really comes here but Manager Jin-hyung." Onew replied.
They all took off their shoes and started towards the kitchen, where a voice could be heard. With every step they took, it got louder and louder.
Just before they reached the kitchen door, the song was reaching its chorus. The voice sang along, without any hesitation or cracks.
"-Himdeulgae Haetguna jugeumeun mulreo
Seolgae gidarilgae
Niga pyeonhadorok meolli seo Isseulgae iri ae wonnhajanha
Hyeya, eojji ddeonaryeoneun geoya Utneon geu nuneuro annyeongiran Janinhan mareun nareul jugigo sumi Meomchwo Haengbokhagae haejudeon
Geumaelrodiga Jig neomu chanranhada
Jaebal beorijima beorijima
Salgo shipji ahna eojjihana
Neo eobneun nal eojjihana
Ayae moreun chae sal geoseul Ireohgae michidorog seulpeuljuriya 
Hyeya, eojji ddeonaryeoneun geoya 
Annyeongiran geureon janinhan Mallo ddeonaebeorineun neureul 
Wonmanghagaetji
Oh, jaebal~ Oh~ gaji mara Hyeya Oh~ Oh~"
The boys stood there, motionless, their mouths once again, to the floor. 
What they heard was like nothing they've ever heard before. Even Jonghyun was left speechless to his own song.
"I-is that her?" Onew asked, not really knowing what else to say. "Maybe we should hurry up and introduce ourselves." Taemin suggested, moving towards the kitchen.
As soon he reached the door, he bumped into someone, making them drop whatever they were carrying, causing a loud crash.
"Ah. Omo! Joesonghabnida
! Omg. I'll clean this up, I swear!"
"Ani, Ani. It was my fault. Sorry." Taemin said kneeling down to pick up broken pieces of plate. When he looked up to apologize once more, he was left speechless.

Kneeling in front of him was a petite looking girl, skin as milky as Key's, hair as brown as his eyes and reaching to her shoulders, a face any man would fall for, and about the same height as Jonghyun, give or take a few inches.
When she looked up at him he was staring into a pair of perfect brown almond eyes.
Taemin was so shocked and speechless, that his knees went weak and he fell backwards landing on his . The other members couldn't see her yet, due to the fact she was kneeling and half way in between the dining room and kitchen doorway, but when they got a look at her, they all gasped.
"Oh! Are you okay?" she asked, jumping up to help Taemin.
Her voice was like silk. Smooth. Soft. Angelic.
Taemin scrambled for words; nothing coming to mind.
When she touched his arm to help him up, he jerked away and stood up on his own and slowly walked back over to the group.
Key, Minho, and Onew looked her up and down, while Jonghyun looked away, his hands stuffed in his pockets.
"I-I'm really sorry about the plates. Um, I'm Lim Gaji. The new member." She said bowing at a 90 degree angle.
The four of them bowed as well and introduced themselves; everyone but Jonghyun.
"Oh, don't mind him. He's a little cranky today. That's Kim Jonghyun. Or as he likes to call himself 'The King of Skinship'. I call him Jjongie." Key said half smiling to himself.
"Ah-ha! Is that so." Gaji said giggling, turning her head to look at Jonghyun, as if to confirm.
"Oh! Right. I'll get this cleaned up right away. Once again, I'm really sorry." She said, rushing for the kitchen broom.
They all looked at her then each other.
Onew scratched his head; trying to find words to say.
Minho stood coolly against the wall.
Taemin and Jonghyun shifted nervously; sending each other signals with their eyes.
Key, with a grin, happily went into the kitchen to help Gaji clean up the mess of broken plates.
A few seconds later they came out and got everything cleaned up.
The atmosphere was tense. Almost everyone was nervous. No one knew what to say or what to do.
Minho cleared his throat and pushed away from the wall and walked towards Gaji, stopping in front of her.
He put both hands on her shoulders and smiled.
"It'll be fun having you here, Gaji-ah. I hope we become close friends." He said and ruffled her hair.
Onew smiled, keeping his distance and said, "Yah. If you ever need anything, come to Oppa and I'll do my best to help."
Jonghyun rolled his eyes, frustrated, and said, "I'm going to take a nap, I'm feeling tired." and walked to their room, slamming the door.
"Uh, I think I'm going to do the same. We did get up pretty early just for this." Taemin said half running to the room.
Onew, Minho and Key gave each other confused looks. They understood why Jonghyun was acting rude, but not Taemin.
Key shrugged, not really caring at the moment, and put an arm around Gaji's shoulders.
"So! What were you making in the Kitchen before we interrupted?" He asked.
Gaji pouted her lips, and furrowed her eyebrows, as if thinking of what to say.
"Oh! I was baking Cookies actually." She said smiling widely.
"I wanted to surprise you guys with something yummy and delicious before you got back. But it looks like I was the one that got the surprise, ha-ha." She laughed.
Key and Minho burst out in laughter, while Onew still kept his distance and put on an awkward smile, shifting his weight to another foot and keeping his hands folded in front of him.
Gaji noticed and smiled wider.
"Yah. Onew-oppa~ Wae you standing so far away? I don't bite." She said and skipped over to stand next to him.
She looked up at him with wide eyes and said, "Waaaah. You're so tall! The same with Minho-oppa! Am I the shortest member now?" She asked, jumping up and down.
Minho laughed, running a hand through his long hair.
"It depends. How tall are you?" He asked.
Gaji pursed her lips, trying to think of her own height.
"Eo! 162cm!" She said snapping her fingers.
"Wow! You're shorter then Jjong! That does make you the shortest member." Key said laughing.
They all four laughed, then one by one, yawned.
Onew looked at his watch and gasped. It was only 6:00 in the morning. They had been up since 4:30AM, because of Manager Jin. With how tired they were it felt like they had been up for days.
Gaji yawned again, causing Key and Minho to yawn as well.
Then suddenly, Key yelled 'Oh!', causing Onew and Gaji to flinch violently.
Minho gave him a questionable and confused look.
"Sorry. But we have something to discuss now. Since Jjong and Taeminnie are sleeping, I guess Onew-hyung and Minho-goon are going to be the only ones to discuss with. But it's important and needs to be discussed with just us, if you don't mind." Key said smiling softly.
"Eo. Arasso. I need to clean up my mess in the kitchen anyways." Gaji said walking to the kitchen.
Onew and Minho looked at Key with confused faces.
What could they possibly have to discuss?
Key motioned for them to head towards the living room where they could sit and talk.
When they got there, Minho plopped down on the couch and leaned his head on the back. Onew gently sat down in a chair while Key continued to stand.
"So. We need to discuss the living situations now." He said.
Onew rubbed his eyes, trying to stay awake.
"Living situations?" He asked.
"Neh. Like, oh, you know, Where she's going to sleep? She can't sleep out here in the living room, it'd be rude to put her on the couch while we sleep on comfy beds. And where will she put her stuff?"
Minho rolled his head to the side to look at Key and said, "Isn't there an extra room next to the computer room? That's got a closet and two dressers in there. Can't she use that?"
"Oh, Deh! I forgot about that room. But there's an issue. We only have 5 beds. Me and Onew-hyung share a bunk, you and Taeminnie also share a bunk and Jjong has a seperate."
"Ahhhoww. This really was all sudden." Onew said.
Minho pouted, and rolled his head back to look at the ceiling.
It stayed quiet for a few minutes. All that could be heard was Gaji singing quietly in the kitchen.
Her voice really was Angelic, cause within those few minutes, Onew was past out in the chair.
After another few minutes, Minho rolled his head to the side again and looked at Key.
"Waah. You have an idea?" Key asked uncrossing his arms.
"Mm. But I don't know if you would like it." He said.
Key stood in front of him, arms crossed again and said, "Well? Spit it out then?"
Minho once again rolled his head back to look at the ceiling and said, "Why not have Jonghyun-hyung and Gaji-ah share a room."
~~~