final.

i wait.

hesitantly i made my way down the stairs to a place where i could find him. music blasting, bass tickling my body, my feet nearing the entrance. as if on cue, his soft voice was heard throughout the noisy room making me halt my steps. i kept my gaze down to my boots as i tried to listen to every word that came out of his mouth. 

 

 

Just tell me you don’t want me

Tell me not to even dream about it

Tell me we won’t ever meet again

Say it

 

 

my heart clenched at the lyrics. i thought of the possibilities that this song might be directed to me but i decided not to think about it. i continued to stride towards the stage while still keeping my head low. when i was sure i was well hidden among the crowd, i built up my courage to finally look up. and there he was.

 

his blonde hair looked like it was re-dyed recently, 

his glasses were nowhere to be found, releasing the beautiful feature of his face, 

i noticed that he lost some baby fat on his cheeks, making his face sharper,

he looked very mature.

his sleeveless shirt showcased his strong arms, i guessed he had been working out.

his tall figure holding his dear guitar and playing it passionately, 

the view i had always adored 

even until this moment. 

 

 

Always (what chu doing)

When you answer (what chu doing)

Just once (what chu doing why why why)

Always (what chu doing)

Make it (what chu doing) ambiguous oh no

 

 

he stopped playing for awhile to sing his line,

his sweet voice took over my mind and i drifted away to the memories we used to spend together,

that voice that used to call my name and made my heart fluttered.

and without me realising, my heart was beating loudly at his voice in this very moment.

 

i studied him as the song continued, i caught some lyrics in my head and i just felt like he was speaking to me.

 

 

I’m lost right now (I wait)

I’m in the same place (oh why)

Waiting for you to hold my hand

Eh eh

I’m tied to you (I wait)

I’m in the same place

Either untie me or pull me closer

Eh eh

Waitin’ all day

 

 

i felt tears clouding my eyes, in the edge of falling. under his cool facade i saw a glint of pain in his eyes, resulting me to shed a tear and soon followed my silent sobs. scenes from the past emerging from the back of my mind, they were so vivid. 

 

from the day we met accidentally in our high school’s music room, our awkward introduction with him saying “ uhm- hi? i’m jae but you can call me chicken little since i look like him, you know- the one from the cartoon movie-“ and me bursting into soft laughter. i learned that he was a senior while i was a sophomore. 

 

our constant meeting in that room, just him jamming with his guitar and me singing to it. occasionally i would teach him how to play the piano and he would clumsily made mistakes which i found really cute.

 

we grew close to the point that we couldn’t be separated from one another. everyone in school would talk about us while wondering if we were together. that time i hoped those rumors were true, because i couldn’t deny my feelings for him was growing each day. yet, he didn’t show any sign of feeling the same way about me.

 

at the end of the first semester that year, he brought me to the music room saying that he had something important to show me. he made me sit on the piano stool while he dragged a chair in front of me. he sat down and took out his ipod, offering one of the earpiece to me and i gladly took it. as soon as i put it on, a soft melody welcomed my ear and his sweet voice sang a song i never heard before. the song was beyond beautiful, the lyrics was so romantic that i felt flustered. his big hand took my small one in his, lacing our fingers together. i looked at his eyes with pure confusion and he stared back with an unreadable emotion. at that moment, he asked the unexpected question which made my heart skipped a beat, “do you want to be my girlfriend?” 

and i replied almost immediately. and at that moment too he took my first kiss.

 

months and years passed and we were still going strong. we got into the same university, both majoring in music. we bought ourself an apartment near the campus, it was so cozy and spacious. every morning he would hug me and kissed the top of my head then greeted me a “good morning.”, every night he would kissed my forehead and scooped me into his warm embrace then wished me a “sweet dream.”. we would cook together and spent our leisure time watching tv. we would go out for a date and stroll along the neighbourhood or even perform a gig at the weekends. 

we were so happy.

 

but that one night, i was home late because the assignment i needed to do at the campus. when i opened the door i was welcomed by the sight of an unfamiliar pair of woman’s shoes. still in daze, i slowly made my way to our bedroom. every step i took my heart beat faster, i stood by the door peeking through a small gap. i saw him sleeping soundly with a woman beside him, i was paralysed. my eyes began to shake so did my whole body, within a second i fell on my knees with a thud, waking him up since he was a light-sleeper. he stared at me confused then looked at the woman beside him, then back at me with pure terror. he quickly stood up and tried to explain, but i couldn’t hear a thing. i got back on my feet and started to run away, not knowing he was also running after me.

 

since that night, i ran away from him. i moved out of the apartment and avoided him at the university. he tried to call and message me, even followed me all day. but i just closed my ear and heart from him, i was deeply hurt. 

 

he gave up trying to reach for me after a few months and we both acted like strangers. i was secretly hoping he wouldn’t give up, but he did. it broke my heart to see a glimpse of his figure each time we crossed path at the hallway, it broke my heart to hear him singing with his band at some events, it broke my heart that i couldn’t be with him or even be near him. i was broken.

 

he graduated first and his band became underground performers. i would come once in awhile to see him when i missed him, but left as soon as he looked around the crowd. i graduated a year later and still lived in agony. i often wondered if he felt the same but i never had the courage to actually meet him again. maybe i should let him explain in the first place and we wouldn’t be like this, i contemplated a lot of times. but i never made a decision even though i clearly knew the answer, i needed him with me. 

 

 

Hold onto me even tighter babe

Tear down the walls babe

Let me in, let me in

 

 

his singing woke me up from my train of thoughts, and i was surprised to see him staring back at me. 

 

since when did he notice me? how could he find me among these people?

 

as if i was casted by a spell, my body couldn’t react. my eyes were widen, lips parted in shock, i wanted to run away so badly but i couldn’t, my body wouldn’t listen to me. slowly i regained my senses, i lowered my gaze to the floor and took slow step backwards. 

 

it was like having a war in my head, i knew that i couldn’t live without him but i wasn’t ready for his explanation. 

 

what if he was really cheating on me, but he was not that kind of person. 

 

but people changed, yes- people changed. 

 

but, as much as i thought about it, i just couldn’t believe he would do such thing to me, i trusted him with all my heart and i knew he wouldn’t betray me like that. 

 

just when i was about to finally make a decision i heard him singing the ending lyrics,

 

 

I’m tied to you (I wait)

I’m in the same place

Either untie me or pull me closer

Eh eh

Waitin’ all day

 

 

i looked up meeting his eyes, it almost seemed like he was pleading to me. sincerely saying the lyrics to make me stay. lost in his eyes, everything was clear. 

 

he was a home for me, 

a treatment for my wound,

a companion for my loneliness,

a piece of puzzle that would make me complete.

i needed him in my life, i couldn’t live without him.

 

i knew by then i had made a decision, i smiled weakly at him and mouthed,

 

 

 

 

 

 

“i’m waiting all day for you too, jae. 

 

but now we won’t have to wait anymore.”

 

a/n:

 

hello~ 

 

byunbaekhyun29 here! after a long time i came back with a one shot of no other than day6’s jae!

 

i am obsessed by day6’s new song “i wait” and this idea just came to me in the middle of the night.

in fact i was writing this at 4 a.m. and finish at 7 a.m.

 

i reaaaally recommend you guys to check day6’s songs because all of em are awesome!

 

anyway thank you for viewing and reading~ i’ll see you in the next stories or updates!

 

SUBSCRIBE, UPVOTE AND COMMENT ~

 

thankies!

 

 

XOXO,

byunbaekhyun29 

깹송~