Once More, To You

Scarlet Heart: Once More, To You (Alternate Ending)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

In the middle of the forest lay a wide dirt path, surrounded by vivid shades of green. The tall trees outstretched their arms to provide shade, enough to turn a hot summer day into that off a cool spring. Beneath the largest tree, stood several piles of smooth, round rocks of gray. To the side of the path, upon the murky waters, sat an old wooden boat that gently rocked back and forth with the wandering breeze. A figure stood in front of a particular pile of stones, her hands clasped together, with her head slightly dipped down. She was dressed in simple clothing—a loose pearl white blouse paired with light blue jeans. The strands of her straight black hair were tucked back neatly, crafted into a long braid. Although her features were soft, like the first rays of sunlight in the early morning, it was clear that she was not at peace. Her brows were slightly furrowed, as if a worry constantly plagued her mind. Her eyes failed to hide her exhaustion and lacked the luster they once had. She closed her eyes and began to say a phrase, over and over again.

Moments later, she felt a pair of arms snake around her waist. It was an embrace she knew too well, an embrace that she had longed for so long. He rested his head on her shoulder and smiled as tears began to well up in Ha Jin’s eyes.

“What are you wishing for so eagerly?” he murmured softly.

A few moments later, she answered.

“… For the water to run dry,” she whispered, pulling away from his embr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter