3 Years and Counting

Ironically Saved
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

NOTE: This story takes place in Korea and for the sake of simplicity, the school year starts in January.

Taehyung would rather spend 24 hours with strangers than stay home alone for more than 12 hours. Unless he is sleeping, that's another thing altogether. Taehyung was an extrovert and loved making friends. A social butterfly was what you would call him. When he was in elementary school, he was the life of the party. Everyone enjoyed his company and found his loud voice and weird actions charming and amusing. (There is also a fact that Taehyung gets violent when people irritate him so no one dares to lift a finger but as long as you don't make him angry, you're good to go.)

When he turned 13 years old, he had to part ways with his friends from elementary school as they were all going to different schools. He was the only one going to a slightly better school than all his other peers. Taehyung was one of the few who had a cellphone and no one had one. Which meant there wasn't a way they could contact each other and meet up. The boy was not a very smart kid but managed to enter a school that was known and respected in the country. However, he did not manage to score well enough to get into a good class. In the school he went to, it was categorised from Class 1 to 8. The best being 1, the worst being 8. Taehyung ended up in class 7, the second last. 

Who knew that's when it all went downhill for Taehyung?

Taehyung at 12 years and 2 days old (2012)

Taehyung was happy.

Taehyung kept the grin on his face as he got out of his dad's car. He walked to his designated class with light steps, lightly bouncing on his feet with each step. His black fringe swept over his forehead, slightly above his eyebrows to adhere to the strict rules. His white, short, uniform pants were three fingers above his knee and his white button down shirt was neatly tucked into his pants. His fair skin complemented his dark brown eyes that were always sparkling with happiness. 

As he entered the class, he was already excited with the new environment. He was ready for the first day of school. A new beginning was right before him. No longer a child but a teenager. (Sort of, his birthday literally passed two days ago but he is technically 13 now.) No longer a boy but a teen, he would be treated more like an adult now. He was sick of adults treating him like he was not capable of doing things on his own. I mean sure, he could still pass off as being 10 years old but that's just because he had smooth skin with little to no acne. He was now capable of taking care of himself, the teachers would stop talking to him in that annoying voice like he didn't know what the world was capable of.

Taehyung knew what the world was capable of, he had once experienced a sense of betrayal when his best friend turned against him when he was only 9 (8 years and 207 days old) years old. His best friend spread rumours about him being a liar. How all the hilarious stories he spoke of his two older brothers were lies. When in actual fact, even the most ridiculous stories that Taehyung has spoken about were all true but no one believed him. Only when they moved on to the next year and were in different classes was when Taehyung had forgiven that ex-best friend.

However, in this new class, he was going to be the mood maker again. He didn't have to be part of the cool kids but he wanted to make as many friends as he could. Taehyung took a seat near the front and placed his bag on the floor. As the first day of school began.

"Hey, my name is Taehyung! What's yours?" Taehyung asked the boy who was sitting on the table. The boy looked at Taehyung and got off the table and walked away.

"Rude." Taehyung clicked his tongue but his mood was still high in the clouds. Even a classmate ignoring him would not bring his spirits down on his first day of school.

Taehyung at 12 years and 16 days old (2012)

Taehyung knew something wasn't right.

It has been two weeks since school started and he has made a few friends. Mostly the guys who liked to watch anime and play games just like him. They mostly talked about the latest anime they have watched or watched each other play games on their cell phones during breaks. It was honestly enjoyable to Taehyung. The teen found simply talking to his friends about things he enjoyed was always something he loved to do.

He knew, however, the class obviously didn't like him.

Taehyung was loud and he knew it. He liked using his voice to his advantage. Taehyung was a short and scrawny compared to other guys who have reached puberty earlier than him so having a loud voice placed him in a more powerful position in the class. He also liked laughing as loud as he could so that he could show them that he was in fact, happy.

With that said, his voice did not break yet which made him somewhat high pitch.

It wasn't as high as a girl's but it was high enough to sound irritating when heard for too long. Which was probably why everyone disliked Taehyung's voice because he would talk non-stop. Even if his friend was right next to him, his voice could be heard from the other side of a noisy classroom. The girls would tell him to quiet down, the other boys would tell him to shut the up, but Taehyung didn't care. He liked being loud and he wasn't ever changing that fact, even if it was annoying.

The short teen knew he was being disliked by the class. He knew that many didn't like him but it was ok. He had friends to talk to and his teachers liked him, there was no reason to feel bad at all.

Taehyung at 12 years and 35 days old (2012)

Taehyung was irritated.

A pigeon flew into class and went over a girl's head. She screamed in shock and almost cried because of it. There were tears welling in her eyes as her friend hugged her to calm her down.

"It's just a bird why is she so scared about?" Taehyung casually thought out loud like he always did.

The bell rang which signalled the end of the class. The students gathered their things to move to their next class. Taehyung stood up and walked in front, not bothering to wait for the rest of the slow classmates.

"Who the does he think he is? He is only acting cool because the pigeon didn't fly over his head." The girl said after wiping her tears.

"I know right? Such an , he don't know how to keep his ing mouth shut." Her friend spoke as loud as she could.

"It's 'he doesn't know' you idiots." Taehyung thought in his head. Not bothering to correct their grammar. They didn't even know how to make a proper insult, resorting to calling names and cursing. The teen wished he had smarter classmates, if only he had studied more before the entrance exam, he could have perhaps gone into class 4 instead of being in this dumb class. He had been in the class for about a month and as everyone had settled down and got comfortable, they started to show their true colours. His classmates began talking behind his back (literally like they were calling him names when they were behind him and when he turned around they stopped talking) and it was getting annoying. When he told his friends about it, they simply kept quiet and shrugged their shoulders saying that "it's life" and said that they had my back if anything were to go wrong.

Taehyung at 12 years and 115 days old (2012)

Taehyung felt really proud of his marks.

He looked at the results of all the papers he had taken a week before. He had gotten all As except for one D (because he hates English) and was smiling at the papers laid before him. His friends came and asked about his marks and Taehyung happily told them about his achievements. They congratulated him and raised one of them raised his hand to prompt Taehyung to give him a high five.

"I bet he cheated."

Taehyung could hear the person sitting behind him say.

"Show off, the paper was easy."

A voice from a classmate in front could be heard.

The teen tried to block out the insults that were coming from his own class. His friends were sitting far away and everyone who sat around him mocked him every day. They kept getting bolder and bolder each day and it was getting tiring. Every time Taehyung answered the teacher's question because no one wanted to answer, he could hear one of them scoff saying "show off". When he was praised by the teacher, another one would softly jeer at him so that only Taehyung and those sitting near could hear.

The scrawny teen shook his head and stared at his grades. This was what matters. Studies. He was going to show that he was better than them. He would grow up to be successful and laugh at their pitiful faces. The song "Loser" by Glee was really resonating in him. Taehyung had friends who stood by him and he was only going to acknowledge those who were nice to him despite not being liked.

Taehyung at 12 years 218 days (2012)

Taehyung hated school to the very core.

School vacation had ended a week ago and it was the start of the second half of school. He was ready to finish this year and move on to the next. He knew that he could only change class in his third year of middle school but that still motivated him to do better. He would get into a much better class in his third year and say goodbye to his stupid classmates. Perhaps he could move on to class 4 and kiss the lower classes goodbye.

Maybe because Taehyung ignored them and did not retaliate to their insults they got even worse. Taehyung knew the lack of filter he had with his mouth. He also knew for a fact that his filter online was not any better. Every time he would post something insensitive (but is completely oblivious to it) in the class group on Facebook, his classmates would shoot back at him and mock him in the comments section.

Taehyung is ok with this. Online talking was easy to ignore, he wasn't going to be bothered about this. It wasn't really cyberbullying since they would only call him out when he said something prideful (like that time he said that he got highest in class and was genuinely asking who was second). Online things were all ok to him. They were fine. It was real life that was what got to him.

On good days, he would be able to spend his day blocking out their insults and mean remarks.

On bad days, he would feel like and hoped that the world could end at that moment or he had a knife and no laws.

That day, he had club activities and he absolutely loathed the people in that club.

Everyone in school had to join a club as a compulsory after-school enrichment programme. Everyone had to attend the club they were assigned to for the next three years. Taehyung found it fun and enjoyable for the first few sessions but then his fellow batch were all slackers and liked to skip club, resulting in him getting punished for their misbehaviour. He understood that it was because basketball training has always been difficult but it was still not an excuse to constantly skip training.

If there was one thing Taehyung really could not stand was being wrongly accused. Every week, he would be accused of not persuading the rest to come for club or actively try to encourage them when in actual fact, he did.

They never listened to him because he was in Class 7. He was the lowly one and they looked down on him. They never took him seriously and brushed him off when he tried to convince them to go to club activities when it was for their own good. The classes who were above 5 looked down on the last few classes. Whenever student mentioned he was from a lower class, the others would mock him or her. It felt degrading and hurtful. Taehyung always tried to swallow his anger whenever someone mocked him for simply being in a lower class.

Taehyung wished he never entered this school. Perhaps if he went to the school all his elementary school friends went to, even though the school didn't even have a reputation, he would not have to deal with such discrimination.

"You low-level dumb s. Why should I go to Basketball club when I can study? Unlike you brainless ers, I use my brain to study hard."

Taehyung sometimes wished that he could punch people in the face and not have to worry about his parents murdering him.

Taehyung at 13 years o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter