— 1.

EON: Amethyst's Awakening

 

Oh please, Taeyong. Hyewon is more of a werewolf than you’ll ever be,” Suho defended Hyewon with a growl, throwing a protective arm around the petite girl’s shoulder. She could only roll her eyes with a quiet chuckle and brushed his heavy arm off just to get greeted with yet another heavy arm from Yuta who buried his nose in her hair, “Ah! The fresh smell of a Xenos!” 

 

From an outsider’s perspective this would look beyond cute but to Hyewon the pack’s affection has became irritating and tiring. Not to mention the amount of death threats she has received in her locker if she dares to hang around Plethora High’s “Princes” again. Even though she still receives nasty letters no one really dares to approach her face to face – people knew that if someone touched her pack would come running with their fangs flashing. 

 

Werewolves don’t choose their pack, the deities usually choose it for you. Originally she thought she would never belong to a pack – werewolves are born with a symbol on their wrist which glows bright yellow when their pack members are near them but when Hyewon was born there was no single trace of a symbol on her body unlike her twin brother, Jaehyun, who was born with bright glowing symbol. 

 

However, when she started high school she felt a burning sensation on her wrist whenever one of the boys were around her. She tried ignoring it until she realised that her wrist was glowing. Turns out that Hyewon does have a symbol but it only shows up when she’s around her pack. 

 

Her pack is the biggest one at Plethora High, consisting out of 26 members with Kim Jongin as their leader. Kim Jongin is the 7th son of the royal family – in fact, Hyewon’s pack has quite a lot of royal bloods: Kim Jennie, Jongin’s sister, Lee Taeyong their cousin, Park Chanyeol their second cousin Park Chanyeol and Chaeyoung his sister. 12 of the pack are still in high school, while the rest are either in college or already have a stable job.

 

Hyewon had a hard time fitting in the pack because of Taeyong. He strongly opposed accepting another Xenos in their pack as Hyewon’s brother was already enough of a “pain in the ”. It’s been 7 years since she joined the pack and he has warmed to her over the time but he still manages to mutter offensive things about Xenos every now and then. 

 

“Yuta, get off me!” Hyewon squeaked barely before shooting him a glare to which Yuta replied with a whimper, lowering his head submissively. “Why do you always listen to her so well but when I ask you to get me a glass of water all I get is an annoyed grunt?” Jongin growls, shoving his friend rather playfully before getting the answer, “Cause you don’t have purple eyes like her, you ain’t scary!” 

 

Hyewon has hazel brown eyes and always has had that eye colour – to her belief, of course. She’s been told too many times that her eye colour flickers from a brown to a purple frequently when she lets her emotions take control of her but she has never witnessed it herself, not even when she tries to get angry on purpose in front of the mirror. 

 

“She’s a Xeno, they’re weird creatures, what do you exactly expect?” Taeyong snorts, raising his eyebrows as they walk down the hallway only to gain a knock on the head from Kyungsoo. “Stop thinking of werewolves too highly, brat. I’m a Xeno too, in case you forgot,” he reminds his best friend to which Taeyong only shrugs, muttering incoherent mumbles under his breath. To Taeyong Xenos are the most pathetic race: to him it looks like a failed attempt of Cryptias to get their magic and powers back. The deities had their reasons to why they banned Cryptias from any sort of magic and it should stay that way. Werewolves have to stay on top.

 

Even though the king and the queen have children they don’t want their oldest child to become the heir to throne – in fact, they don’t want any of their children to become successor of the throne as they were all female except for Jongin and Doyoung. Doyoung was too young and Jongin showed from the beginning that he doesn't have any interest in sitting on throne someday.

 

“Guys, that’s is my classroom– See you later,” Hyewon tried to rush away from the pack as fast possible the moment she saw her classroom only to get pulled back by her blouse’s collar. “Please let me copy your homework first before we enter hell,” Ten begged with a small grin causing the rest of the pack to snort and shake their head. 

 

“I already sent it to you yesterday,” Jaehyun protested with a frown, feeling betrayed by his friend. 

“I can’t ing read your hand writing man, you write like a 4 year old!” 

"Well maybe if you would spend time reading instead of watching those stupid cartoons you would be able to read!” 

 

“It’s anime. A-NI-ME. Not cartoons!” Ten growls, letting go of Hyewon’s collar who was struggling to get out of his grip the past two minutes. In a split second the two boys were wrestling on the floor. 

 

Like a miracle she heard Chaeyoung’s and Lisa’s voices with their heads peeking out from the classroom, mouthing “Quick, quick!”. The two other girls knew how hard it was to separate from the pack as the boys seemed to be more attached to everyone than the girls – they were like magnets, always finding a way to drag the girls back to their territory as if they didn’t have another chance. 

 

“God, thank you, really. How do the guys manage to be such a pain in the neck in the morning. I don’t even have the energy to be annoying at this time,” Hyewon complains with a grunt leaving her lips making Chaeyoung laugh. “Aren’t you used to it yet? I mean the guys are only around you during school and when we hang out and me? I get to live with the loudest and most annoying werewolf ever,” she rolled her eyes at thought of her older brother Chanyeol who is also part of the pack. “Hello? What about me? I feel like Chanyeol and Jaehyun should be siblings instead,” Hyewon said with a chuckle as the three of them head over to their desks.

“Hey but girls, have you heard? We’re getting a new student or something. I heard he’ll be in our cla–“ Lisa started but got cut off mid-sentence as their homeroom teacher entered the classroom with a tall guy trailing behind. An oddly familiar scent hit Hyewon’s nose and she couldn’t help but to stumble back a few steps alone because of the strong scent the guy gave off. 

 

“Guys, do you smell that too? He- He smells like the pack,” she muttered quietly to girls who were standing there, strangely feeling overwhelmed by his presence as well. “He’s my cousin..” Chaeyoung whispers back, surprise coating her voice. “and he’s one of us, guys.” 

 

Before Hyewon knew it, the new student was standing in front of her, right next to her desk. “The teacher said this is free?” he asked, raising his eyebrows slightly and giving the table a quick glance. His voice was cold and his stare was dull but there was something so warm, so familiar to Hyewon and it was almost frustrating how she didn’t figure what it was. 

 

“He’s one of us!” Chaeyoung repeats but this time louder, her wide eyes staring down at her glowing mark before grabbing Lisa’s wrist only to see it glowing just as brightly as hers. Hyewon gulped and slowly lifted her wrist up. Usually she would feel her wrist burn whenever her symbol started glowing but this time she didn’t feel anything. The whole classroom was looking at them, with their eyebrows raised in anticipation, waiting for Hyewon's response. 

 

“Guys, why is mine glowing purple?” 


♡  Hope you liked the first chapter. I was really excited while writing this lmao!!! Subs and comments are loved. ♡