let me talk about love, let me talk about you.

I Only Seek You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
let me talk about love, let me talk about you.

"Hey let's go to the Three Broomsticks first. I promise someone that I would meet them there." Chanyeol said as he tugs on Baekhyun's coat sleeve and then the two of them wonders through Hogsmeade as they try to find their way to the place Chanyeol mentioned about. It was packed like always - since they got the best drinks in all Hogsmeade and it's a cozy place, the students love to go here. Chanyeol spotted the very person he's waiting for and quickly went there while Baekhyun trailed behind the tall boy.

"Hey, you look really pretty today." Chanyeol said to a fawn like female that's standing in front of him right now. Im Yoona, 5th year from the Hufflepuff who’s famous for her beauty is the person he's meeting? Chanyeol quickly sat across her and since Baekhyun felt awkward to stand there he gives a light tap on Chanyeol's shoulder before he said, "I'll be outside, just scream my name if you're finished." Baekhyun said and give the taller boy a wink. He smiled politely at Yoona - since he's not acquainted with her in any kind of way and he isn't close with much Hufflepuff like he is with some Slytherins and Ravenclaws.

Baekhyun quickly walked outside and then wonders around the beautiful street. It must have because it's autumn, but Hogsmeade looks even more beautiful and warm that it usually was. Baekhyun spots many 3rd year who's there for their first time, wondering and their eyes are practically shining as they walk throughout the street. "Hey, Byun!" A group of Gryffindor 7th year greeted him as they passes by and Baekhyun returned it with a smile. Well, he's famous and is known to be very warm to people, which is why people aren't that scared to actually talk to him - well, at least the Gryffindor seniors and juniors doesn't.

He spots his Ravenclaw best friend, Jongdae who seems like he's going on a date with a junior Ravenclaw, Son Seungwan - who Baekhyun doesn't know much about other than how Seulgi likes to hang out with her - and then behind them is Joonmyeon, also a Ravenclaw who is all alone and that's why Baekhyun quickly went up to him. "Yo, Suho~" He called out the blonde guy with the nickname he made - it means guardian and the reason he called Joonmyeon like that was because the older boy is a prefect like him in their 5th year, but well, Joonmyeon seems more like a guardian to all the Ravenclaws rather than a leader.

"Oh, Baek! Why are you here? I swear I saw you coming inside the Three Broomsticks with Chanyeol earlier when I pass by there." Joonmyeon said as he slides down his glasses to the tip of his nose. "Oh, well, it seems like Chanyeol have a date with Im Yoona and since I'm a good friend, I leave the two of them alone." Baekhyun said and Joonmyeon only laughed at him before he eyes the couple in front of them. "Well, I want to leave them alone too but Jongdae told me not to, he's really awkward when he's alone with her." Joonmyeon whispered to Baekhyun so the couple in front of them won't hear it and Baekhyun ended up laughing. Well, going on a date with someone you like is indeed, not the easiest thing to do. Well, not everyone is like Chanyeol who can just bring up any topic and talk all so easily with literally everyone without embarrassing themselves or blushing and such.

"The weather is really perfect but I actually hope that I can just sleep in my room, but yeah, I'm not allowed to." Joonmyeon said and Baekhyun only gave him a pity look before he spots a rather new shop - candy and chocolate shop - and his eyes shines at the sight of his favorite thing. He smiled to Joonmyeon before he said, "Hey, just have fun. Anyway, I'm going!" and then walked toward the very shop he's been ogling at for the last 10 seconds. He went inside and it's actually quite packed, probably since it's a new shop. Baekhyun spots many of his friends there who went with either their friends or lovers and now, he felt awkward for going alone here. Well, he can't just drag Joonmyeon around when Jongdae also needs the latter, right? Also, the blonde guy probably won't enjoy shopping for candies and chocolates as much as him - the only perfect fit is of course, Park Chanyeol but right now, he's in another world with Im Yoona and Baekhyun doesn't want to drag him back right here when he's living a dream life.

"Wow, this is all a brand new candy! God, even the other shop doesn't have as much as it does here." Baekhyun said as he strolls around the shops and taking out many chocolates and candies from the shelves and well, before he knew it, his hands are already full with the food he bought. He walked to the cashier with his hands full of the sweets that he brought from every corner of the shop. As expected, the line up to the cashier is really long since it's a new shop but well, it's not like he mind that - he'll do everything for his sweets.

But what Baekhyun definitely didn't expect is to see Taeyeon there, with some chocolates on her hand, lining up and also engaged in a conversation in a really close range with a boy who have a golden brown hair whose height is around the same height as Taeyeon - and that means the boy is quite small because Taeyeon is a really petite girl to Baekhyun - who is wearing a faded denim shirt and green snapback. Wait- Baekhyun knows that face though? But he can't remember who but it is a familiar one to him.

He saw her laughing with him and it shocked him to see how she seems so comfortable with the boy with the way her hand drapes on his shoulder or when the boy is in front of her, she would hug the little boy from behind. And it makes him... jealous, like not a bit but a lot. Why does she seem so intimate with him? But Baekhyun chooses just to put aside the burning feeling inside his heart.

And so after what feels like a decade, he finally is in the very front of the line and after he pay for the sweets, Baekhyun exits with a big paper bag full of it. As he want to take out one - he's really concentrating hard on the flavor that he want to eat - Baekhyun felt himself colliding with another person and the bag automatically drops to the ground - he's lucky it's not scattered all over the ground though. He looks up only to see a face that he admires the most in the world.

"Taeyeon?" He asked, shocked as if he didn't just see her earlier in the shop. She seems to be shocked as well to see him as she stutters, "A-a-ah, senior!" She greeted and her eyes feel on the bag that is full of sweets. With a smile, she picks it up before she hand it to him. "It seems like you enjoy sweets a lot." She stated with a smile and Baekhyun blushed subtly at the other's words. "Ah, yes. I'm a fan of sweets, you see." He said as he take the paper bag from her hand and scratches the back of his head, feeling as if he's caught liking something embarrassing - well, but indeed no one would thought the tough and fearless guy of Gryffindor likes candies and chocolates.

"You... seems to like it too to me." He said but she looks genuinely shocked at his statement. Taeyeon chuckles lightly before he shook her head, "Well, actually, not really. I stop eating sweets after some of my teeth starts to... well, anyway, I got tootache from eating a lot of it back when I was a child and ever since I was 10 years old, I never it anymore unless it's some candy to freshen your mouth." She said with a smile.

Baekhyun was caught off guard at her confession. But he was very sure that it's her that he saw inside the shop earlier and he's sure that her hands are full of chocolate. But come to think of it, she's indeed not having anything on both of her hands unlike him. If she did buy some, she should have carried it, right? But, it's totally the same person - blonde, beige sweater, black knee length skirt, green bandana and also a pair of beige shoes. Yeah, it's the same person.

"B-b-but y-you-you know, I'm pretty sure I saw you... inside that candy shop." Baekhyun stuttered out, feeling flustered all of a sudden. "Well... that's me. I was there earlier-" "With your boyfriend?" He asked her all of sudden and Taeyeon's eyes widened at the sudden mentioned of it. How can he thought the boy she's with is her boyfriend though. "Wait- did you really see me in the shop because, is the person you think is my boyfriend the same person I'm with? Is it the boy with denim shirt?" She asked him and Baekhyun nods his head. "Uh... so is it not your boyfriend?" He asked her and she nods her head.

"I guess you must have been mistaken about that then. Well, yeah, that's me and uh, Lee Minhyung. You might be more familiar with Mark, he's the Slytherin's Keeper but you must have not know him as he covers his face a lot - he joins the team last term, I'm sure. I know him when we're in French and my parents know his." Taeyeon explained and now Baekhyun felt so dumb. God, he was jealous over nothing. It's actually only a 3rd year Slytherin - for God's sake, it's actually Mark Lee! And... they have always been close since they know each other before in French.

"And where exactly is he now?" Baekhyun asked her about the younger boy's absent. "I don't know, he's just wondering around and told me he would meet- oh, wait, there he is!" Taeyeon said as he pointed at the said boy who's walking hand in hand with another boy his age. "Oh, senior!" Minhyung's eyes widened as he saw both Taeyeon and Baekhyun standing together. The Slytherin's keeper seriously didn't expect that combination and even though he had seen the two of them together a lot recently, it still feels quite weird.

"Oh, it seems like you already have a company. Well, then can I leave the two of you alone? I want to go somewhere with Donghyuck!" Minhyung said excitedly while Donghyuck, the said boy beside him only smiles sheepishly. Taeyeon didn't know what has gotten into her and she knows how awkward it will be for her to be alone with him - plus, it's outside the school, it's Hogsmeade for God's sake, people might mistaken them as a couple and then it will be really awkward.

"You seem to enjoy your date." Minhyung said in French with a teasing smile and Taeyeon could only glares at her. She's too scared that Baekhyun would be shocked if she suddenly rages out of nowhere - because he knows that the senior didn't understand French. "Then, bye!" The 3rd year Slytherin and his best friend Donghyuck, a fellow 3rd year from Ravenclaw waves their hand to the blonde girl and then ran off and blends in with the crowd of the street.

"So... I guess, you're all alone now." Baekhyun said with a soft smile and the girl in the beige sweater could only laugh to herself before she nods her head. "Yeah, I guess I'm all alone. Then, do you want to go somewhere?" Taeyeon asked and Baekhyun shrugs before he replies, "Can we go to the Three Broomsticks? I'll treat you a drink there." He suggests with an enthusiastic energy giving off from his body. Taeyeon only chuckles before she bobs her head up and down, agreeing to the suggestion that the guy made. Baekhyun smiles happily as he then took her hands and keep it in his coat pocket - which actually not only shocks the girl but also himself - and then drags her down the street and made their way to the famous pub, the Three Broomsticks.

When they got there, everyone is literally staring at the two of them. Well, it does looks weird to them to see Baekhyun with a girl when he usually never do it - really, he usually only hang around with his best friend, Chanyeol and in their previous year, maybe once or twice with Jonghyun. Being popular doesn't mean that Byun Baekhyun have many close friends because actually, despite knowing many students at school, he's not absolutely close with many of them. And yeah, the two of them are holding hands - even her hand is in his pocket, god, talk about some skinship it was. And also, it's the Slytherin and Gryffindor's seeker, guys. How can people not stare at them when they're like the next Jonghyun-Kibum except that they're not as... well, as that like the two.

"Whew, they are all staring at us." Taeyeon said to the older guy as the two of them went inside the Three Broomsticks. "Well, not my fault. I'm quite famous and I guess, you're too pretty." He said unconsciously and when he realized what he just said - and Taeyeon's face is already pink - he only whispers, "Uh, well, you can ignore that if you want." The two of them was silent and they made their way to the corner - since it's more comfortable in the corner - and the bartender asked their order in which Taeyeon says she would have her usual and Baekhyun who was confused only said that he wants the same thing as her.

Also, Baekhyun could easily spots his best friend, Park Chanyeol still sitting in the same seat and across her is still the pretty Hufflepuff Im Yoona. Taeyeon who knows where his stare is directed, raised her eyebrow. "So... your friend is on a date?" Taeyeon asked as she stares at the Gryffindor - Hufflepuff couple. Baekhyun only nods his head. "Yeah, I mean I don't even know that he'll go on a date today but there he is with Im Yoona, the infamous pretty girl for the 5th years. Ew, I feel betrayed to not know that my best friend having such a pretty catch." Baekhyun said as he sips down his drink for the first time.

Well, only to spit it out right after. He looks at the drink first before he throws his stare to her eyes, "What kind of drink is this?" He asked her and she smiles innocently. "Sparkling water. A muggle friend of mine gave it to me and I decide not to bring it to Hogwarts and to keep it here instead. You don't like it?" She asked and he only shook his head. "It... taste like nothing, for real." Baekhyun stated out honestly and Taeyeon starts to laugh at him, "Well, it supposed to taste like that." She said.

"Anyway, I see... even the Gryffindor seniors are interested in Yoona. She's a really kind person and yeah, she's beautiful. I also think her beauty is unrivaled but many say it's because she's a halfblood with the forest fairy? Well, yeah, she's cute." Taeyeon said and she didn't even know why she sounded so bitter when Baekhyun seems to be interested with the fawn like girl. Why is she even bitter? Baekhyun is not her anything, he's just a senior, soon to be Seeker coach - probably - and also... a kind guy, yeah, he's so perfectly good looking and also a perfectly kind guy - and she felt like... he's such a perfect boyfriend, well, if only.

"Well, I don't think she's the most beautiful 5th year. I mean, there's someone that I think is prettier than Im Yoona. Like, really really pretty." Baekhyun stated as he shrugs and Taeyeon doesn't know why she thinks that as if... as if the beautiful man sitting right beside her is actually talking about her. Well, Taeyeon herself doesn't know how she can get that kind of absurd idea, but she just feels like it? Also, she's been feeling as if she's being pulled by a string ever since she actually meet Baekhyun, and yeah, the end of the string is no other than the guy she's been thinking about - of course, it's obvious.

Not to mention, that Byun Baekhyun really seems like her savior. Like, he saves her every time and always makes her feel better or how he just seems to light up her day like how some idol would do. And also, Byun Baekhyun is... just always there. Why is he always there even? Why is he always right beside her, for every moment, mostly when she's helpless? Why does Byun Baekhyun feels like her prince with a shining armor who is ready to defend her from any misfortune that she actually got? "Well, I guess, every people have their own personal taste but-" "Hmm, my taste is really good though, it's pretty high since you know, I've never dated anyone. What other reason is there unless it's the fact I have a high taste?" Baekhyun asked jokingly.

Taeyeon only shrugs. Oh, well, he's not mistaken at all. He's literally one of the guy students that is the most crushed by both female and male - so to think he never dated anyone, it's not because he's not wanted. It's that he doesn't want many people to be his lover. And that kind of breaks her heart. Now, all of her confidence was thrown into the sea - where is it now? Well, she knows that the guy sitting right beside her is only joking about that but Taeyeon couldn't help but felt as if she's out of his league. "Eh? Why are you so silent suddenly? Is something bothering you?" He asked her worriedly as he was stunned by her sudden silence but Taeyeon only shook her head. No, she's not okay but it's not like she can say that the things that keep bothering her is him, that would be really rude.

"Ah, I just felt ill all of a sudden." Taeyeon answered and Baekhyun of course believes it, the girl's skin is so pale - well, she's already pale to begin with - and so are her lips. "Are you cold? Wait, let's just go back to Hogwarts. Come on." He said as he stands up. Taeyeon only gave him an apologetic smile before she follows him. Baekhyun being the gentleman he is, took off his coat before he gave it to hear with a worried face, "Come on, wear it. I'm not going to let you freeze in the death, Tae." He said. Taeyeon was so thankful to him but she also felt hurt.

Why is Baekhyun so kind to her? It just kind of makes her feels... small. Like, she's probably not the only one who he treated like this but his actions made her believe that she was. She took the coat from his hand before she wears it and it's unsurprisingly really warm. She stuffed her hand on the coat's pocket, avoiding the freezing cold air of autumn. And the two of them then went back to Hogwarts, both with a heavy and uneasy heart but still, none of them figures out what is wrong with each other.

"You know, Baek, I think you kind of messed it up. I'm more than sure that you... you said the wrong thing and she got the absolute wrong idea about it. You said that she's happy before you started to mention Yoona, right?" Chanyeol asked his best friend, Baekhyun who is deep in his thoughts - trying to clear out why Taeyeon has been acting strangely to him after that Saturday afternoon in Hogsmeade. Baekhyun was more than sure that Taeyeon is actually not sick that day - well, she might feels cold and all - but it's more obvious that she's more bothered by something. And so, it's been four days since the time they spent on weekend - meaning it's Wednesday and since it's already late at night, Baekhyun and his best friend, Chanyeol is already on their bedroom - both of them are in their bed.

The other 6th year students are still in the common room - finishing the piled up homeworks but of course, thanks to Baekhyun being such a smart at most subjects, the two of them finished it early. "But she seems to be okay when I first mentioned Yoona but wait- when did she get all silent?" Baekhyun asked himself, trying to recall the memory he had at the Hogsmeade. "Ah, right! I was joking about my taste in people being high but yeah, it's only a joke. And before that, I told her that I think there's someone prettier than Yoona, and yeah, you know who I mean." Baekhyun answered and Chanyeol raised his eyebrow before he subtly gives him a smug look at his words. But wait- now after Baekhyun told him what happens last Saturday in details, Chanyeol got it. He knows why Taeyeon has been avoiding the Gryffindor senior.

"Ah, Baek! You're such an idiot to say things like that in front of the girl you like!" Chanyeol shouted at him

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter